yay!!!! i cant wait for it to finish downloading!
    08-13-09 09:55 PM
    EXCELLENT theme.

Used the calendar instead of the weather icon. Everything is working great so far, no hangups anywhere that I have encountered.

Great job!

EDIT: Ahh, the calendar icon is bugging me due to the static date. I was wondering if there's any possible way to script it so that the calendar displays the current day ala the iPhone and iPod touch?

Otherwise, everything is still working great (minus a few icons, but that is to be expected as you can't realistically expect to cover them all).
    Last edited by sawedust; 08-13-09 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Additional questions
    08-13-09 09:59 PM
    only prob i have, is it shows all my past sent sms messages... when i hover over the sms icon.
    08-13-09 10:10 PM
    only prob i have, is it shows all my past sent sms messages... when i hover over the sms icon.
    Do you by chance use quicklaunch to send your sms? I have that same problem with every today theme I have tried when using quicklaunch. If I send them from the messages or SMS app, then I don't see them.
    08-13-09 10:16 PM
    Do you by chance use quicklaunch to send your sms? I have that same problem with every today theme I have tried when using quicklaunch. If I send them from the messages or SMS app, then I don't see them.
    nope. but now that i think about it, i was using empower sms popup earlier today and then changed it. i think that may have been it.... never thought about that.
    08-13-09 10:18 PM

EDIT: Ahh, the calendar icon is bugging me due to the static date. I was wondering if there's any possible way to script it so that the calendar displays the current day ala the iPhone and iPod touch?

Otherwise, everything is still working great (minus a few icons, but that is to be expected as you can't realistically expect to cover them all).
    Date is static - it is a bb after all. The standard calendar icon also has a static date.

Most of the default icons should be modded. 3rd party icons cannot be practically modded.
    08-13-09 10:19 PM
    Date is static - it is a bb after all. The standard calendar icon also has a static date.

Most of the default icons should be modded. 3rd party icons cannot be practically modded.
    Fully understood. Thanks so much for the quick response, and especially the time and effort you have put forth in creating a great product.

Keep up the good work!
    08-13-09 10:21 PM
    this theme looks great on the tour. thanks for your hard work.
    08-13-09 10:25 PM
    Fully understood. Thanks so much for the quick response, and especially the time and effort you have put forth in creating a great product.

Keep up the good work!
    No prob. I do have an icon for facebook, for example, and can place it on the homescreen but it would be static which means you won't be able to move or use that icon slot for anything else. Not worth it, IMHO.
    08-13-09 10:40 PM
    Awesome theme. Noticed one issue: I changed the wallpaper and then tried to reset it to the theme default, and only the Home screen wallpaper changed back; the Apps screen wallpaper did not revert to the original. Would it be possible for you to post the wallpaper so that I (and whoever else has this happen) can change it back?

Thanks again, great work
    08-13-09 10:51 PM
    No prob. I do have an icon for facebook, for example, and can place it on the homescreen but it would be static which means you won't be able to move or use that icon slot for anything else. Not worth it, IMHO.
    Agreed. You must have your product appeal to the masses

Anyway, the Facebook icon sits on my home screen and by default (with your theme, of course) it looks fine. The two that leaves an ugly mark on my menu screen is YouMail and Opera as their icons are disproportionate to everything else. As a result I hid those icons and left them available in QuickLaunch.

Thanks again!
    08-13-09 10:58 PM
    Awesome theme. Noticed one issue: I changed the wallpaper and then tried to reset it to the theme default, and only the Home screen wallpaper changed back; the Apps screen wallpaper did not revert to the original. Would it be possible for you to post the wallpaper so that I (and whoever else has this happen) can change it back?

Thanks again, great work
    Done - check first post.
    08-13-09 11:01 PM
    Done - check first post.
    Thanks a lot!
    08-13-09 11:04 PM
    Agreed. You must have your product appeal to the masses
    Well...not really - it IS free

For those that don't know, I created 3G for my own personal use on the bold. In fact, it is the only theme I run on my bold. What you see here is a direct port of that version. You don't see facebook, for example, because I don't use facebook. There is a QL icon because I am a heavy user of QL.

I created this theme to appeal to me, decided to share and modified it based on comments on this forum to make it better (but still for me ). Nevertheless, I am glad you all enjoy using this theme - it was fun making it.
    08-13-09 11:14 PM
    Thanks for the great theme !!

Donation sent !
    Last edited by dspcap; 08-13-09 at 11:49 PM.
    08-13-09 11:33 PM
    Thanks redzapper! This theme is truly awesome.

Donation sent!
    08-13-09 11:33 PM
    This is a sick theme! I like it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:43 AM
    Great theme. One bug. The email screen doesn't go up to the top bar. There is a narrow 'window' between the top of the messages application screen and the bottom of the status bar that you can see the home screen wallpaper through. Besides that, however, it rocks!

08-14-09 01:08 AM
    Can we get a non-today version? it seems that the selector stutters every time it goes to an icon with a today feature. I usually like having a hidden today, but the lag is killing.

Also, would it be possible to get a 10 or 12 icon version?

btw, absolutely awesome theme. so incredibly clean.

EDIT: I noticed the lag comes specifically from the sms icon.
    Last edited by SourD; 08-14-09 at 02:10 AM.
    08-14-09 02:01 AM
    One other bug I noticed. If you're on the top bar, you can only go back to the bottom app bar by entering from either the ql icon or profiles icon. It'd be nice if when I go to check the weather app, I could just scroll down to go back, instead I have to go down through the side icons.

EDIT: Quick possible fix for convenience. When on the bottom bar, I think it would be most convenient if moving the trackball up brought you to the following places: scrolling up from left two icons brings you to profiles, middle two to weather, right two to quicklaunch. This would allow for me to zip my trackball around and have it conveniently go where I want. hope i'm being clear.
    Last edited by SourD; 08-14-09 at 02:52 AM.
    08-14-09 02:06 AM
    How come I can't find the SMS icon for the dock? Am I really that stupid? LOL
    you have to go to your inbox options and select that sms be seperated (under general options).
    08-14-09 02:49 AM
    I have it set to seperated but this theme simply isn't giving me an SMS icon! I don't understand it. All I have is the main Messages icon. I really love this theme but not being able to go directly to my texts sucks.

I tried a battery pull and tried resetting it to seperated. No dice. Very strange!
    I just remembered. It was in the application folder when I first loaded the theme.
    08-14-09 03:25 AM
    Best theme so far IMO. Thank you!

08-14-09 03:35 AM
    i've been working around the new theme i installed. awesome. been waiting since the release date for a new theme. good job! i also just installed bbweather, im not not having luck with weathereye for some reason. but, to have the weather in the center is awesome!!
    08-14-09 03:41 AM
    Hands down, best BB theme I've used to date. Nice work Zapper.

08-14-09 03:43 AM
742 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD