I just purchased and installed my ZBoost signal amplifier from Radio Shack. Wow. I couldn't keep a phone call in my house. Nobody could hear anything I was saying even if I did.

I've had it running for about two hours and I have 4 bars minimum, before I had 1 to none. Its a little tricky to set up but well worth it. If you have trouble getting a signal in your home, you want to check this product out. Google ZBoost cell amplifier and you'll find it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-09 02:59 PM
    What don't get is why you should have to spend any money to get service you're already paying for.

I get that the product works. I just wouldn't shell out my own money for it.

08-22-09 03:54 PM
    RadioShack.com

There are several models, which one did you buy ?
    08-22-09 04:00 PM
    I just purchased and installed my ZBoost signal amplifier from Radio Shack. Wow. I couldn't keep a phone call in my house. Nobody could hear anything I was saying even if I did.

I've had it running for about two hours and I have 4 bars minimum, before I had 1 to none. Its a little tricky to set up but well worth it. If you have trouble getting a signal in your home, you want to check this product out. Google ZBoost cell amplifier and you'll find it.

Does it support any data at all the like the VZW network extender?

What don't get is why you should have to spend any money to get service you're already paying for.

I get that the product works. I just wouldn't shell out my own money for it.

Problem is, NO carrier will garr. signal inside of a building.
    08-22-09 04:02 PM
    I was just searching the web last week for this. Quantum-wireless.com has the zboost yx510 for 253.99 with rebate. $100 less than radioshack. I ordered from them and got my booster in two days and it works great.!!
    08-24-09 01:35 PM
    free Airave ftw! In my LI location, there is no service at all via any of the major carriers, so it really is make-or-break. Does VZV have such an inflated opinion of its network coverage it does not bother to have a femtocell device/service?
    08-24-09 01:44 PM
    free Airave ftw! In my LI location, there is no service at all via any of the major carriers, so it really is make-or-break. Does VZV have such an inflated opinion of its network coverage it does not bother to have a femtocell device/service?
    Please research before posting. Verizon has a femtocell. It's called the Verizon Network Extender.
    08-24-09 02:59 PM
    They do actually offer one. Network Extender is the name. It does not have a monthly service charge like the Airrave though.

08-24-09 03:00 PM
    I live in a hollow on the side of a hill surrounded BY trees. Really want to use my BB to run internet so I can dump the land line. Hoping one of these pronucts work.
    08-26-09 04:05 PM
    Please research before posting. Verizon has a femtocell. It's called the Verizon Network Extender.
    Duly noted. This is great news as my fiancee has VZV and if I ever decide to get off SERO (probably not anytime soon though) then VZV is an option. Sprint's Airave is free for most people who ask for charges to be waived, nicely.
    Last edited by dohturdima; 08-26-09 at 04:12 PM.
    08-26-09 04:08 PM
    Does it support any data at all the like the VZW network extender?
    Yes. We're looking at getting the YX510-PCS-CEL model for work. We were looking at the verizon extenders but the number of simultaneous users was a show stopper.
    08-26-09 06:43 PM
    Also remember that these femtocells from Sprint and Verizon only support voice, not EVDO data.
    08-26-09 06:59 PM
    if you have high speed internet at home....a great alternative (better in my opinion) is to get ooma set up and use google voice to ring to your ooma phone and cell. you will always get perfect reception with ooma if you have a good, fast connection. and ooma is a one time cost of about $250.
    08-26-09 09:13 PM
    For the ooma price you could get a zBoost that'll work for any cell carrier and will work all over the house. Check out the zBoost on walmart.com that was the best price that I found. I personally have a zBoost at my house and I'm loving having no more dropped calls and getting data too.
    12-31-09 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD