Okay before I get flamed for making a double post, I did search to see if there was already anything on this. Also if there is another post on this please just direct me to it and we can delete this post.
    I was wondering how the youtube videos play on the Tour. I know on my curve 8330 that the videos are so tiny it's not even worth trying to watch one. So anyone that has a Tour could you please making a video of you watching a youtube video or take a picture or something. I've been very curious to know about this.
    Thank you.
    06-24-09 08:11 AM
    Okay before I get flamed for making a double post, I did search to see if there was already anything on this. Also if there is another post on this please just direct me to it and we can delete this post.
    I was wondering how the youtube videos play on the Tour. I know on my curve 8330 that the videos are so tiny it's not even worth trying to watch one. So anyone that has a Tour could you please making a video of you watching a youtube video or take a picture or something. I've been very curious to know about this.
    Thank you.
    All of the following videos were made with a Tour and directly uploaded to youtube:

Enjoy
    06-24-09 08:13 AM
    That is not what I am looking for...I have watched all your videos. I am looking to see how the videos play on your tour.
    06-24-09 08:15 AM
    Currently, the same apps available on the Curve will be available on the Tour. There isn't a Tour-specific app for YouTube.
    06-24-09 08:17 AM
    That is not what I am looking for...I have watched all your videos. I am looking to see how the videos play on your tour.
    I was wondering.... huh!! Sorry LANGUAGE BARRIER here... LOL
    06-24-09 08:17 AM
    I was not asking about apps for the tour. I just want to know how the youtube videos look when being played on the tour. Any different from the curve?

salomondrin if you play on video from youtube on your tour would you please just let me know how it looks.
    thank you.
    06-24-09 08:19 AM
    It looks crappy really.... way better than curve, but still not the best place to watch a video on youtube...
    06-24-09 08:22 AM
    I see...so as xopher suggested an app would probably make it better.

Are you able to use any kind of apps for your tour, like are there any our for the tour?
    06-24-09 08:25 AM
    I see...so as xopher suggested an app would probably make it better.

Are you able to use any kind of apps for your tour, like are there any our for the tour?
    Unless Rim creates a official youtube application, the current quality will never change. It's not that bad on a Storm, but it doesn't compare to the Pre's version. Full screen never seems to be a full screen, but maybe that will change in the future?
    06-24-09 08:40 AM
    Unless Rim creates a official youtube application, the current quality will never change. It's not that bad on a Storm, but it doesn't compare to the Pre's version. Full screen never seems to be a full screen, but maybe that will change in the future?
    I haven't personally played a youtube video on a storm, but I would figure it is better than any of the other bbs quality.
    The only phone I have played with that does play youtube videos practically flawless was the iphone, but youtube isn't that important for me to go out and get an iphone.
    I wish RIM would make something offical for bbs or make the quality better on the bbs.
    06-24-09 08:47 AM
    Bla1ze did a blog on a cool BB youtube app called Vision about a month ago, that works pretty damn good. It have the ability (sometimes) to let you access the hiRes vids...

Vision – A Nice Looking YouTube App! | CrackBerry.com
    06-24-09 09:01 AM
    One and for all. The YouTube videos on all Blackberries will continue to play the 3GP video source instead of the MP4 source until YouTube or RIM makes a destination change on how YouTube detects the Mobile device and which files it passes to it. This change is most likely on YouTube's end as any mobile device it detects (unless it's an iPhone) it'll always pass it the 3GP stream.

Bottom line, when it's fixed for one Blackberry, it'll work the same way on all Blackberry models.
    06-24-09 09:46 AM
    Bla1ze did a blog on a cool BB youtube app called Vision about a month ago, that works pretty damn good. It have the ability (sometimes) to let you access the hiRes vids...

Vision – A Nice Looking YouTube App! | CrackBerry.com

+1

vision allows blackberry's to use the same youtube encoding as what the iPhone gets so they come out real nice and clear and full screen
    06-24-09 03:40 PM
    Is anyone else having difficulty using the youtube app? I can't seem to be able to scroll down to accept the terms and conditions of the agreement.
    07-16-09 11:32 PM
    Google's Youtube app things it is a storm and looking for a touch input. Check out Xenozu. Works on the 8330m, haven't tried it on the Tour though.
    07-17-09 07:35 AM
    Is anyone else having difficulty using the youtube app? I can't seem to be able to scroll down to accept the terms and conditions of the agreement.
    When I got it, the Accept was at the very top. Didn't have to scroll, but scrolling doesn't seem to be a problem.
    07-17-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD