Is your trackball off centered like this?

it works fine but look at the black gap on the top
    09-27-09 01:17 PM
    nope, but alot more light leaks between my keys.
    Last edited by the one and only M; 09-27-09 at 01:35 PM.
    09-27-09 01:33 PM
    nope.....

char
    09-27-09 01:35 PM
    Mine isnt off center but if it's not affecting the operation of the phone then I wouldn't worry about it.
    09-27-09 01:37 PM
    Not like that at all. I also have a lot less light coming through. Do you have one of the updated Tours replaced for the trackball issues?
    09-27-09 01:40 PM
    Its a sprint replacement phone with a build date from the beginning of august ... 4th phone .. But this one has no trackball issues n this is my 30th day using ... I just noticed that trackball more towards the bottom .... But I guess I would rather have that then less lights on keys like other people r stating ????

Maybe if I get the courage I will take apart n re-align ... Does the tour use the same trackball as the curve ? I heard sprint was replacing the tour trackball with curve one ??? I was waiting on a red trackball for curve ... Wondering if it would work on tour
    09-27-09 02:21 PM
    Nope, mine's perfect.
    09-27-09 02:54 PM
    Hey tone-question for you brotha...I'm trying to have my 3rd tour replaced (just recently noticed the mother ******* headphone jack is broken) however, because the first two tours I ordered haven't yet been credited to my account (although sprint confirms they've received them) I have an outstanding balance of like $950 ... I've already told them I will NOT pay $950 as the balance is wrong, and when the phones do credit my account, ill pay the actual amount due...but anyway, because oif that ridiculous outstanding balance, they won't send me another replacement because the syste won't allow it...the only option is to pay up front with a credit card for the thing...I'm def. not going this route-because god forbid I get another jacked up phone, I've now paid twice for it...ugh. Did you have any issues with this? All three tours were charged to my account-not to a credit card...they simply won't place another order until the first two credit-which is ******* ridiculous IMHO, considering they confirm they've been received. Ugh...I've gone thru so much **** with this phone !!!!!!!!!!! I just want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a sprint replacement phone with a build date from the beginning of august ... 4th phone .. But this one has no trackball issues n this is my 30th day using ... I just noticed that trackball more towards the bottom .... But I guess I would rather have that then less lights on keys like other people r stating ????

Maybe if I get the courage I will take apart n re-align ... Does the tour use the same trackball as the curve ? I heard sprint was replacing the tour trackball with curve one ??? I was waiting on a red trackball for curve ... Wondering if it would work on tour
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 03:53 PM
    Mine is minutely towards the left. Its a green dot. But your pic seems pretty normal to me.
    09-27-09 07:21 PM
    Lol nah my trackball isn't like that, but I've seen quite a few your not the only one! As long as it works is no problem
    09-27-09 07:31 PM
    Nope, no gap on mine. If your trackball works fine, I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    09-27-09 09:06 PM
    Mine's even all around.
    09-27-09 09:54 PM
    Man don't take apart your tour just because you think it's trackball isn't perfectly aligned...in my honest opinion your phone looks fine. Appreciate the damn thing for how beautiful everything else looks.

Plus if you take it apart your warranty from RIM is VOIDED son!

And like another reply said...If your trackball's operation is fine...dont f******* worry about it!
    09-27-09 10:00 PM
    Hey tone-question for you brotha...I'm trying to have my 3rd tour replaced (just recently noticed the mother ******* headphone jack is broken) however, because the first two tours I ordered haven't yet been credited to my account (although sprint confirms they've received them) I have an outstanding balance of like $950 ... I've already told them I will NOT pay $950 as the balance is wrong, and when the phones do credit my account, ill pay the actual amount due...but anyway, because oif that ridiculous outstanding balance, they won't send me another replacement because the syste won't allow it...the only option is to pay up front with a credit card for the thing...I'm def. not going this route-because god forbid I get another jacked up phone, I've now paid twice for it...ugh. Did you have any issues with this? All three tours were charged to my account-not to a credit card...they simply won't place another order until the first two credit-which is ******* ridiculous IMHO, considering they confirm they've been received. Ugh...I've gone thru so much **** with this phone !!!!!!!!!!! I just want to SCREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hey bud i am feeling ya with the returns ... well the first replacement they charged me for but i was credited back for the return prior to when my bill was due ... the 2nd was an instore return which had no charges ... the third phone was sent by the bb technical support center with sprint and they never charged my account ... as long as they received the old one which they did ... so i never was in an issue like u . ... my bill was way up there at one point.. with two returns for 2 different phones but it was all settled by the time the bill was due...

did u get an email back from the warehouse that they received your phone and a credit will be replied to your account.?.. and on that same email there should be a number to call with any issues ...

i had to call them once .. i gave them tracking number ... which showed that it was delivered ... and they manually put the refund in .. which was for screen protectors....

did u get all these returns back to back .... u might want to consider going to store and get it replaced for no charges until your bill is all cleared up
    09-27-09 10:01 PM
    ya i hear u guys ... as long as it works .. only noticeable when the light is on and hey i had the phone for 30 days and just noticed it ... i would only take apart if i can pop in a red trackball .. haha not sure if the curve trackball fits in tour
    09-27-09 10:04 PM
    Mine looks exactly like that. Had it swapped out at a sprint store for trackball issues with my first one.
    09-27-09 10:04 PM

sometimes it takes a month to credit ur account...if they try and cut your phone off because of the balance just call them and let them know.
    09-27-09 10:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD