I got my Tour in July. It's my first Tour and have never exchanged it. I didn't have the Trackball issues. Setting for trackball was at 70 both horizontal and vertical. Had the slightly loose battery door but dealt with it with some tape. I do have the slight screen ripple, but really don't bother me much.

However, now it seems that my Tour is getting worse.

1) My Trackball started to go bad. I just had to change the setting to 90 on the horizontal. Wondering if it will get worse and eventually act like all the other bad trackballs out there.

2) Starting to see some lag when switching and/or closing applications. I have QuickPull and it resets every morning at 4 am. So it's not a memory thing.

3) And this is my BIGGEST complaint now... I've had complaints about the muffled sound, here and there. Now I'm getting it all the time. They say it sounds like when someone is speaking to close to a microphone. Along with the muffled sound is the problem with the Bluetooth Headset. I have a Z9i and worked perfect with my Curve. With the Tour, I constantly hear a humming noise and people say I they hear static on the other end and that I sound really low and to speak up. I thought it was my Z9i that may have issues and/or maybe didn't work well with the Tour so I bought the Plantronics 975. Tried that out and SAME RESULTS!!!!

I love the phone for it's looks and what it can do and can be capable of doing. I really hate that the "PHONE" aspect of the the phone SUCKS!!!

I'm so tempted to try and exchange it, but with all the other problems with these Tours, I don't want to have to deal with those too.

I wish an official OS upgrade would come out already and hopefully fix the Muffled sound and Bluetooth. I was gonna try the .53 OS, but was pulled before I could download it and can't find it anywhere now.

Should I exchange it and risk getting an even worse phone? Should I deal with it and wait for an official OS upgrade?
    10-07-09 01:46 AM
    Do it... dont think about it..just do it.
    10-07-09 02:31 AM
    yes slightly worse. mine was bought on release day.
    10-07-09 03:08 AM
    My story exactly(except for #3). However sprint mailed me a new one built late august (versus early july) and have had NO problems. Seems to be the case based on other posts! Definitely exchange it you won't be disappointed.
    10-07-09 05:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD