I am told to purchase new phones for our staff. We are committed to Sprints. Our current phone is the 8130. 6 months ago, we tried the 8330 and after a month, we went back to the 8130 due to the keyboards. The general consensus was the predictive keyboard of the 8130 is far superior. Now the QUESTION: Is the tour keyboard more similar to the 8130 or the 8330? This will either determines whether we stay with the 8130 or going to the Pre. Thanks for your thoughts.
    08-12-09 06:53 PM
    It's more like the 8330
    08-12-09 07:01 PM
    It is like the 8330. They are about Identical to the VZW 8830.
    08-12-09 07:03 PM
    Wait... do you mean the feel of the keyboard, or the predictive type. IMO, I'd stay away from the Pre. People haven't liked the feel of it.
    08-12-09 07:05 PM
    The major complaint of the staff was the absence of predictive type of the 8330.
    08-12-09 07:11 PM
    I agree. My friend has the Pre. They keyboard keys are like crappy rubber and bad spacing. The Tour has a far better key board, but to each their own.
    08-12-09 07:11 PM
    While the keyboard is much like that of the curve or bold I really thing you should do extensive research b4 you jump both feet in to the pre. With the new bb coming down the pipe this year and early next I wouldn't be surprised if they blow the pre right out of the water. The other day some one was talking about the pre and some of its cool features, being able to have 3 dif sites up at the same time, and I admitted that it was cool but also stated that with the bb browser, bolt and opera mini I can do the same thing so in my eyes it isn't really all that amazing. That's just my take I know that as soon as the onyx hits I will have one in my pocket, but I have been hearing rumors of a new cdma bb that is supposed to be pretty stout when it comes to spec being released soonish.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-09 07:15 PM
    I never had a Pre but I tested out a display and it seemed like the keyboard would take getting used to but wouldn't be that bad except the keyboard is a little cramped and the buttons were small. I didn't like that they had a plasticy feel to them like after some time the covering on them would peel away.
    08-12-09 07:15 PM
    If predictive text is important, OS 5.0 will include this feature.
    08-12-09 07:17 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, when is the OS 5.0 available or if is, which phone. Thanks
    08-12-09 07:20 PM
    I know what you mean, this is why I tell people I can type on my Pearl faster than you can type on your Curve. If you're good with SureType and have alot of emails and SMS's, the Pearl can pound them out faster than the Curve or Tour. I like the full QWERTY keyboard and bigger screen, more memory, camera, etc.
    08-12-09 07:23 PM
    Pardon my ignorance, when is the OS 5.0 available or if is, which phone. Thanks
    It will be available for the tour, theres no release date at the moment, but speculation is this fall. There are leaks for the 9000/8900 which include the predictive text functionality already.
    08-12-09 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD