My replacement Tour has a yellow/green screen and is very dim (compared to my first Tour and to my husband's Tour). When I take pictures, it almost looks like I have sepia on it's so dim, which is weird! I would never swap a phone just because it has a yellow/green tint to the screen, but would that indicate that there's something else wrong with it? Anyone else have a screen that's dim and yellow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-09-10 12:28 PM
    My replacement Tour has a yellow/green screen and is very dim (compared to my first Tour and to my husband's Tour). When I take pictures, it almost looks like I have sepia on it's so dim, which is weird! I would never swap a phone just because it has a yellow/green tint to the screen, but would that indicate that there's something else wrong with it? Anyone else have a screen that's dim and yellow?

I don't know the answer but as far as swapping the phone, I would take your husband's Tour and yours to the Sprint store, show them the issue, and ask for a replacement. A dull screen with bad colors is hard on the eyes and as much as we use our BB's should be replaced IMO.
    05-09-10 12:49 PM
    Im on the tour forum because my gf has a tour. My s2 and s1 both had those issues. I literally brought 3 storm 2's into verizon and they were saying, "I dont notice a difference?" I couldnt believe it. Now I have a great attention to detail and I also noticed that some of the phones flashes were not as bright as the other phones. They didnt seem to care just swapped for another one and same issue. We did that until We got a nice screen and flash.
    05-09-10 12:54 PM
    My screen is quite crisp and white....

Try augmenting the screen brightness etc. and if it really is an issue with the hardware, I'd call Sprint and switch out the phone---warranty claim. You paid for a screen that is as bright and sharp as its meant to be, not to have a defective product.
    05-09-10 02:58 PM

When I was a palm user through Sprint, replacements always had a yellowish screen. The speculation was that they were using a 3rd party to refurbish them, and using lesser quality screens. The same was true for my HTC Touch I had from them. It appears some things never change. Although if you are on Verizon, this may not apply.

Mike

05-09-10 04:28 PM
    Thanks for the opinions guys.... This is a new phone, not a refurb, because I'm within my 30 days luckily. It's been bothering me to use it because it looks gross, like it's dirty or something. It's just SUCH a pain to swap the phones (it'd be easier if they were getting shipped to me, but I have to drive a half hour away to the store where I bought it), have the associates argue with me that it's "fine" and that "all phones are different" like it's ruining their day or something to have to swap it out.
    05-09-10 08:30 PM
    When I just got my Tour, the screen was yellowish, but after a few weeks it became bright white.
    05-10-10 03:05 AM
    My screen is bright white and very crisp.
    05-10-10 09:24 AM
    Bright clean and white on mine.
    05-12-10 01:57 PM
    nice and white, no dim yellowish/green for me
    05-12-10 02:00 PM
    When I was a palm user through Sprint, replacements always had a yellowish screen. The speculation was that they were using a 3rd party to refurbish them, and using lesser quality screens. The same was true for my HTC Touch I had from them. It appears some things never change. Although if you are on Verizon, this may not apply.

Mike

ATT Bold 9000 Referbs and late batchs have yellow screens to

I think it comes down to manufactures cutting corners saving a buck QC doesn't matter
    05-12-10 07:50 PM
    Adding to previous post,

I purchased 9700 from T-mobile a couple week ago finding screen was yellow compared to my 9630...keyboard was very dull as well.
    Just some bad quality materials being used..lots of them
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-12-10 at 07:59 PM.
    05-12-10 07:57 PM
    I have a certified like new device and I just realized my screen is a slight dim/yellow color, not a crisp bright white, but that really doesn't bother me too much.

05-12-10 10:44 PM
    My screen is bright white and yours should be too. I have that issue with other BlackBerry devices. I had a 9700 and the screen and keyboard lights were really dim. It drove me nuts because my wife's Tour was so bright. I took the device back and got a Tour too. And everything is perfect. Maybe if we complain enough about the dim lighting that RIM will stop using cheap screens keyboards and lights.

05-13-10 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD