When i plug in my tour using the wall charger ... the battery icon doesn't change to lightning bolt. Also when i try my car charger same thing. Phone doesnt take a charge.

Ok so u say ... there must be a problem with the micro usb connector on phone .... BUT

When i connect the phone to the computer ... the bolt shows and the PC sees the device ...

So now u say .. must be an issue with your chargers ... wall and car

Well the wall charger i plugged into an oem dock and the power light on the dock shows and when i put phone in dock ... the bolt shows on phone...

SO now what ... the cord test ok being that it works with dock and the port test ok being that it is being recognized by PC

why wont the phone charge via the micro usb port ... if connect from walll or car outlet....

Weirdest problem

what are your thoughts?
    01-06-10 05:30 PM
    Are those chargers Blackberry or generic, 3rd party supplies?

I am not sure of the BB but I do recall that my Creative Zen M would only take a charge from certain adapters - the Zen was designed to detect a signal to turn on charging, if that signal was not there, the charger would not work. BB may have similar detection. As for the dock, the dock probably does not care about the signal, only the power but the dock which I presume is BB probably processes the power and outputs both power and the appropriate signal.
    01-06-10 06:49 PM
    WHat OS are you running on the device?
    01-06-10 07:02 PM
    strange issue...
    01-06-10 07:04 PM
    I was using OEM products that came with the phone and I am using the official OS

I tried 5.0 as well n same issue but I get randompopups that the device cannot be charged with the connected device error, even though I have Nothing connected to phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-10 08:06 PM
    When i plug in my tour using the wall charger ... the battery icon doesn't change to lightning bolt. Also when i try my car charger same thing. Phone doesnt take a charge.

Ok so u say ... there must be a problem with the micro usb connector on phone .... BUT

When i connect the phone to the computer ... the bolt shows and the PC sees the device ...

So now u say .. must be an issue with your chargers ... wall and car

Well the wall charger i plugged into an oem dock and the power light on the dock shows and when i put phone in dock ... the bolt shows on phone...

SO now what ... the cord test ok being that it works with dock and the port test ok being that it is being recognized by PC

why wont the phone charge via the micro usb port ... if connect from walll or car outlet....

Weirdest problem

what are your thoughts?
    A shot in the dark. It's possible either your charger went bad, or the wall outlet you are using isn't up to snuff for some reason.
    01-06-10 08:25 PM
    i used a wall charger and a car charger ... so two different chargers and two different outlets and the problem follows to its not equipment ....

being that issue follows from official 4.7 and a 5.0 version my only assumption has to be that it is a hardware issue on the phone ...

being that the port works when connected to PC is just odd though
    01-07-10 07:40 AM
    i wiggled and nothing ...

if i plug the wall charger right into the dock .. works fine ... so i know the cable is fine ....
    01-07-10 09:40 AM
    This sounds to me like a problem with the micro usb port on the phone or, like you said a hardware issue. If it charges thru the dock but not the port using the same charge cable those are the only 2 logical explanations.

I would try and take it back if it's still under warranty.
    01-07-10 11:29 AM
    the phone was released in july ... so the phone is still under warranty and i also have the insurance through my carrier ... so they are sending me out a refurb in which i should prob get tomorrow
    01-07-10 12:05 PM
    that happens to me sometimes wall and PC randomly. I usually have to fix it with a reboot. I upgraded to the latest 5.0 recently (from .230 or whatevs) and so far it hasn't happened. *knock on wood*
    01-07-10 02:44 PM
    IM RUNNING 5.0 .419 AND always get popup that what is connected to device cannot charge the phone .. even though nothing is plugged in ... something is not right... haha
    01-07-10 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD