OK, first I want to know how many of you own multiple copies of "Catcher in the Rye".

Second, I want to thank a lot of you for making an otherwise dull morning more colorful.

Third, just because you chose to ignore the facts that don't support your argument, it doesn't make point any more valid.

FACT Verizon as well as other CDMA carriers have smartphones with Wi-Fi. Just not BB's(look it up). That kind of takes the wind out of the whole carrier conspiracy theory.

Most people with BB's(in the US) have an unlimited data plan. If you don't get what that means, you pay for it weather you use it or not, even if you use Wi-Fi most of the day. So where are they losing money?. Having Wi-Fi on the more devices would actually ease the load on their network.

Battery life is a valid point, however it doesn't justify ALL CDMA BB's not having Wi-Fi while Samsung and HTC's phones do.

BTW, I don't work for VZW or any other carrier. I have or have had phones from all major carriers.
    03-31-09 12:26 PM
    OK, first I want to know how many of you own multiple copies of "Catcher in the Rye".

Second, I want to thank a lot of you for making an otherwise dull morning more colorful.

Third, just because you chose to ignore the facts that don't support your argument, it doesn't make point any more valid.

FACT Verizon as well as other CDMA carriers have smartphones with Wi-Fi. Just not BB's(look it up). That kind of takes the wind out of the whole carrier conspiracy theory.

Most people with BB's(in the US) have an unlimited data plan. If you don't get what that means, you pay for it weather you use it or not, even if you use Wi-Fi most of the day. So where are they losing money?. Having Wi-Fi on the more devices would actually ease the load on their network.

Battery life is a valid point, however it doesn't justify ALL CDMA BB's not having Wi-Fi while Samsung and HTC's phones do.

BTW, I don't work for VZW or any other carrier. I have or have had phones from all major carriers.
    Exactly, enough with the conspiracy theory that verizon is the evil empire.
    03-31-09 12:51 PM
    Exactly, enough with the conspiracy theory that verizon is the evil empire.
    What's wrong with a little evil? Was I the only one who cried when the Death Star blew up? Damn rebels....

If all that revenue Verizon gets from VCast or whatever else crap they do to make money allowed them to swamp my state with EV-DO, I'm not going to complain too much.. I think it's a 3 hour drive to the nearest AT&T 3G.. no thanks. I guess I would call myself a Network Fanboy.. Devices? Yeah, some of the stuff other carriers have makes me jealous...
    03-31-09 01:02 PM
    This whole "no Wi-Fi" thing is getting really really old. On Verizon's network it's pretty much useless. I have a Storm and an HTC Touch Pro. The Pro has Wi-Fi. Does anyone know how many times I've used the Wi-Fi? Exactly zero. I've never had a need to. It's basically a gimic that people want just to say they have it.

And I've never had a customer not buy a phone (Blackberry or otherwise) because it didn't have Wi-Fi.
    I have T-mobile and use my Wi-Fi all the time, its nice because when you are in crummy areas with no cell towers but there is Wi-Fi you can connect and use your phone the same as you would normally, and all UMA calls with T-mobile are free. I live down the street from a Verizon and when I had Verizon the only time I ever had good service was in the store. Otherwise my service was really poor. My bedroom is in a basement and I only had service once every blue moon. The Wi-Fi matter is getting annoying, but so is the 3G stuff i see too. I had the G1 phone when T-mobile released their 3G network and guess what.... 3G dropped calls and wasn't any improvement. I have the 8900 and I am extremely happy with it. Everyone needs to relax, some carriers offer better things than others in certain areas and there is nothing anyone can do about it.
    03-31-09 01:25 PM
    Quit talking negative about the basements!!! Many of us lived a while in our parents' basements.
    03-31-09 02:11 PM
    dont by the phone if it doesnt have the features you want simple as that. this will be my first blackberry if it comes out in time and im very excited for it. i could care less if it has wifi or not.
    03-31-09 02:53 PM
    The point of my "SHUT UP ABOUT WIFI" wasnt to offend anyone that thinks wifi is important. I think wifi would be a nice added feature. But, we all know that the niagara wont have it yet we talk about wifi morn than this phone. Thats all i was saying. Maybe the Mods can start a new forum for all who want to voice their opinions about Wifi. Like i said, this is the 9630 forum not the wifi forum.
    03-31-09 03:27 PM
    dont by the phone if it doesnt have the features you want simple as that. this will be my first blackberry if it comes out in time and im very excited for it. i could care less if it has wifi or not.
    no one cares if you need wi-fi or not... go work your 9-5 and get your emails from your grandma.
    03-31-09 03:32 PM
    This thread is closed. People cannot be respectful when posting, so there is no more need for this thread to remain open.
    03-31-09 03:36 PM
159 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD