Hi, I use Yahoo Messenger on my computer to text a friend on his phone. However, when I leave the house, I'd like to be able to receive any replies that he sends so I use the sign into Yahoo Messenger on my cell phone option, but even though he sends replies, I never receive them on my phone. Can anyone help me with this?
    02-02-10 10:09 AM
    I know it's not possible with Windows Live Messenger, so I'm guessing Yahoo is the same.
    02-02-10 10:12 AM
    Why not use the yahoo IM app on your blackberry?
    02-02-10 10:18 AM
    I'm not sure it will work either way because when I try with the BB Yahoo app, it shows my cell phone number as the receiver and I'm trying to avoid that. Not for nefarious purposes but just because I'd prefer to keep it that way. So I don't think it's going to work. Oh well.
    02-02-10 10:30 AM
    I'm not sure it will work either way because when I try with the BB Yahoo app, it shows my cell phone number as the receiver and I'm trying to avoid that. Not for nefarious purposes but just because I'd prefer to keep it that way. So I don't think it's going to work. Oh well.
    you are going to the yahoo mobile messenger site and downloading/installing the app? It works fine for me, and will queue "offline" messages.
    02-02-10 10:45 AM
    This is one of the few apps I would recommend getting from dreaded App World. It's a higher release than any other, and works better.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    If everyone spoke Wulfanese�, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 10:51 AM
    Why not use the yahoo IM app on your blackberry?
    This is what I thought the OP was talking about, but now that I read it again I see what he/she is saying.

Still though, with the IM apps on your BB you can't send/recieve texts to/from cell phones (in my experience with the Windows Live app anyway).
    02-02-10 11:10 AM
    With the Yahoo IM I'm able to send and receive to and from both BB and PC.

I hear tell you�re doin� well,
    Good things have come to you.
    I wish I had your good-luck charm,
    And you had a do-wacka-do, wacka do, wacka-do, wacka-do.

I'm a Survivor Baby!Go Team Gemini

02-02-10 11:15 AM
    AIM works the same way.
    02-02-10 11:21 AM

Concur with Wulf's experience, the Yahoo IM from the above or App World works with BlackBerry Push efficiency, let's you swap back and forth from computer to BlackBerry (just click Sign In on the BB.) Also, the Life in Pocket App has Yahoo IM within. The RIM version also has negligible effect on battery life, for an added benefit. Another download for IM apps is via the launcher icons pushed by most carriers.
    ��Team Gemini ��
    Last edited by BergerKing; 02-02-10 at 11:32 AM.
    02-02-10 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD