New to Blackberry, was a AT&T and Treo user for many years so please bear with me.

I now have a Verizon Tour, I added my Yahoo account. I get no email but except if I send from other accounts on the blackberry.

If I send an email from my work email to Yahoo it works fine, I can reply and compose but otherwise I can't get emails sent to my Yahoo account on the device. What am I missing.

I have pulled battery, sent service books, etc. No fix.
    07-27-09 12:24 PM
    If you haven't done so already...

Delete the email account and re-create it on the BIS site (Verizon). There are a few filter options you can modify and, this may be the reason your email is acting up.
    07-27-09 12:29 PM
    If you haven't done so already...

Delete the email account and re-create it on the BIS site (Verizon). There are a few filter options you can modify and, this may be the reason your email is acting up.
    Do you know how the url for the BIS site for Verizon? Or maybe how to get to it through my verizon or something? I've been looking for it, and i'm having no luck.
    -Thanks
    07-27-09 12:39 PM
    Do you know how the url for the BIS site for Verizon? Or maybe how to get to it through my verizon or something? I've been looking for it, and i'm having no luck.
    -Thanks
    Try this thread
    07-27-09 12:41 PM
    -Thanks
    BlackBerry Internet Service
    07-27-09 12:41 PM
    I appreciate the help guys thanks a lot, i'm gonna check out these sites now
    07-27-09 12:46 PM
    Help. I deleted account and set it up again on the sever as reccomended.

I can send email fine. But same issue if 10 emails come into my yahoo email only ones from my own account or from my work blackberry account go to the blackberry. There are no filters turned on and with no filters it is set for all emails to go to the blackberry.

If i send an email from my yahoo account to my yahoo account it shows up on the blackberry and if i read it on yahoo if goes to read on the blackberry. but all other emails getting to the yahoo email never get to the blackberry.

What could possibly be the issue this is driving me crazy!!!!!
    07-30-09 09:49 PM
    This might be a stupid question, so bear with me as I am new to BB.

I had my two Yahoo accounts set up on my Tour at the Verizon store. I don't remember ever setting up any access log-in to the BIS during the store set-up. Should I have? How do I set that up now, and will it effect the e-mails set up already on the Tour?
    07-31-09 08:36 AM

I had my two Yahoo accounts set up on my Tour at the Verizon store. I don't remember ever setting up any access log-in to the BIS during the store set-up. Should I have? How do I set that up now, and will it effect the e-mails set up already on the Tour?
    Robbadobba, you don't have to create an account, but I highly recommend it. There are a lot of options within the account that you might want to play with. It's also how you can change or delete your signature. Just follow the link in the above post and signup.
    07-31-09 08:48 AM

There are no stupid questions.... ok maybe some but neither one of these.

When they set it up at the store they used the setup wizard to connect it to the BIS.
    07-31-09 08:53 AM
    There are no stupid questions.... ok maybe some but neither one of these.

When they set it up at the store they used the setup wizard to connect it to the BIS.
    Thanks, Spike. I feel a little better now.

So I'll go create an account then.

BTW...dspcap, I was able to change the signature right on the BB through the options for each e-mail I have setup on the Tour. It worked like a charm.
    07-31-09 09:06 AM
    Robbadobba, you don't have to create an account, but I highly recommend it. There are a lot of options within the account that you might want to play with. It's also how you can change or delete your signature. Just follow the link in the above post and signup.
    I'm getting an error after I type in my PIN and ESN to set up an account that I can't do it through HTML browser and I must do it through by BB device?
    07-31-09 09:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD