ok please tell me what there is to do on the phone i have the pandora and browser that i use most of the time but what else is there to do. im getting bored with the phone and thinking of trading it for a storm tommorow. please tell me some stuff that i can do with my tour. blackberry app center has nothing on it. im 18 with no credit card so i cant buy apps. the apps on my ipod are funner.
    08-15-09 01:49 AM
    lol.. well if you have no means of paying for apps, good luck with the storm..

Blackberries, who woulda thunk it...
    08-15-09 01:54 AM
    well i dont get it i can get better apps for a ipod that i dont pay 40 dollors a month for internet and the apps r free
    08-15-09 01:57 AM
    Then go with a iPhone, I mostly use my BlackBerry for email and work. Not really for games, but I agree there really isn't much to do with BlackBerry in terms of games and such..

No other platform but the iPhone can really deliver that much (App Store). So many apps you'll never get bored heh.
    08-15-09 02:01 AM
    trust me i would but im on my parents plan so as long im on there i ony pay for texting and internet. so ending verizon for 175 then 100 month for iphone is out of the question
    08-15-09 02:03 AM
    I had the storm + its just as boring (hehe) but u do get tons of fun random reboots + freezing + oh very little memory
    Yay 4 the storm lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 02:07 AM
    Just keep your ipod and your Tour with you. They're small enough.

08-15-09 02:12 AM
    This isn't a toy... Its not meant to compete with a toy. Its not marketed to you, or meant for your demographic.

Get an iPhone. Enjoy.
    08-15-09 02:17 AM
    BB's aren't really meant for teenagers. Mommy and Daddy pay for your service? You're 18, go get a job, pay for your own cell service and get an iPhone. Otherwise quit complaining. We should all have such problems!
    this might be the way to go

kajeet
    theres all kinds of games and cool stickers for the phone and mom and dad can always know where you are........when youre not in the basement
    08-15-09 02:44 AM
    Come on people, let's be civil and adults here. There's no need to belittle and/or berate someone who does not appreciate the form and function that a BlackBerry provides.

With that said, several others have responded to you about getting an iPhone, but that would be out of your network and budget.

May I suggest this? It's on the VZW network, pretty cheap, and it's a pretty fun phone. Gets you the ladies, guaranteed.

Phones & Devices - Verizon Wireless

Good luck!
    08-15-09 02:45 AM
    You're 18? Get a checking account and a debit card. Use that to set up a paypal account so you can get stuff.

08-15-09 02:51 AM
    May I suggest this? It's on the VZW network, pretty cheap, and it's a pretty fun phone. Gets you the ladies, guaranteed.

Phones & Devices - Verizon Wireless

Good luck!
    ROTFFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was funny right there!!!!!!!!!
    08-15-09 03:50 AM
    ^5

The BlackBerry is to the IPhone what Home Depot is to Toys R Us.
    08-15-09 03:55 AM
    Buy a 1st gen iPhone on eBay/craigslist, jailbreak it, put in a T-Mo pay as you go card and use it as your second phone. That's what I did, but I need to have two phones (work / personal). Or, do the same thing with an iPod Touch if you don't need the phone function.
    08-15-09 03:58 AM
    Saw, thats some funny stuff. I'm with ya. My suggestion would be to get a regular phone and save the Berry data fee. Get yourself an env touch and knock yourself out. Maybe even a versa.
    08-15-09 04:15 AM
    if you want a "fun" device take it back and get an iphone. the tour is a business device and prob not suitable for most 18 year olds.
    08-15-09 06:09 AM
    I'm always amazed when kids are on here complaining abput lack of apps. You are 18, you should be using a pay as you go plan. Why on earth did you think you needed a blackberry?
    08-15-09 06:33 AM

op...there are TONS of free apps. the app store on the phone is not the best place to find them. check the forum here for 3rd party apps.
    08-15-09 07:17 AM
    why the hel* would any little kid need a Blackberry??? Blackberrys are not a toy you know, iphone is a toy that most kids like yourself have, but blackberrys are not a toy, there work hourses.

by the way, get a job!
    08-15-09 07:42 AM
    well i dont get it i can get better apps for a ipod that i dont pay 40 dollors a month for internet and the apps r free
    The data plan for BB is $30, not $40. How much you like your blackberry depends on how you use it. What better apps do you want? Most iPhone apps seem like a novelty IMO. If you really want an iPhone, you're 18, go get one. You might love it or it may bore you as well.

08-15-09 07:55 AM
    I'm wondering why you just didn't wait a couple months in time for the release of the Storm 2. The Tour isn't meant to be a flashy entertaining device like the Storm series are marketed as. You could say the Tour was an upgrade from the World Edition on Verizon...its meant to be used for business/e-mail. Watching videos and viewing pictures is obviously better on the Storm's larger screen compared to the Tour's small screen. You can say the Tour is "boring" and I myself agree but it want made for media/apps/entertainment as its main priority.

08-15-09 08:09 AM
    "funner" ? You need to spend more time at school.
    Last edited by Blue_Monkey; 08-15-09 at 10:09 AM.
    08-15-09 08:13 AM
    I'm wondering why you just didn't wait a couple months in time for the release of the Storm 2. The Tour isn't meant to be a flashy entertaining device like the Storm series are marketed as. You could say the Tour was an upgrade from the World Edition on Verizon...its meant to be used for business/e-mail. Watching videos and viewing pictures is obviously better on the Storm's larger screen compared to the Tour's small screen. You can say the Tour is "boring" and I myself agree but it want made for media/apps/entertainment as its main priority.

why you keep bring storm 2 up in all your threads??? storm sucks and can't even be compared to the Tour. You can do a lot more with the Tour then you can on the storm, and even watching the videos of storm 2 in action as you can see its still the same as storm 1. RIM should learn there lesson by now and stop tryign to make a touch screen when they fail each time at it, it makes blackberry look bad by having a shi*ty touchscreen compared to other makes. Rim should just keep improving there keyboard phones as thats what they know how to do the most.
    08-15-09 09:01 AM
    why you keep bring storm 2 up in all your threads??? storm sucks and can't even be compared to the Tour. You can do a lot more with the Tour then you can on the storm, and even watching the videos of storm 2 in action as you can see its still the same as storm 1. RIM should learn there lesson by now and stop tryign to make a touch screen when they fail each time at it, it makes blackberry look bad by having a shi*ty touchscreen compared to other makes. Rim should just keep improving there keyboard phones as thats what they know how to do the most.
    I wasn't suggesting to get the Storm 2 I just wanted the OP to find out by themselves which phone suits his/her needs best. How can you compare the Tour to a device that hasn't been released yet and is still in development software wise...you can't. And still the same as the Storm 1? That's like saying the Tour is still the same device as the World Edition or the Curve 83XX. "stop trying to make a touch screen when they fail each time at it" ? They only have one out currently. You make it sound as if there's a line up of five. Fact of the matter is the Storm 2 blows the current Storm away based on the early reviews we have received from people who got their hands on it. Please take your time to put your opinions to the side and focus on what the fact is. No one is taking away from what the Tour can do..but the Onyx will soon become the must have BlackBerry and someone coming along and saying its no better than the Tour than obviously hasn't taken the time to look into the early specs and reviews of the phone. That scenario can be applied to the Storm 1/2 thing you're talking about.

08-15-09 09:15 AM
    i completely agree with the rest of you that if he thinks the tour is boring he should really go and get something else. But I also beg to differ on an 18 year old not needing a blackberry. I am 18 and got my blackberry specifically for school use since i am going to college. I got it about a year ago just to make sure i could use everything on it and surprise! i can. It shouldnt be based on age, it should all be based on how the device will be used.
    08-15-09 09:21 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD