Spent some time this morning cleaning up the memory on the phone. Went from 115 to 118. Plugged phone up to do a backup and it said there was an update available. I didn't really pay attention to what it was updating although I remember seeing the word "library" a lot in the list. Anyway, after update my memory has gone from 118 to 112.
    What's up with that? Restarted several times already.
    10-03-09 12:13 PM
    Spent some time this morning cleaning up the memory on the phone. Went from 115 to 118. Plugged phone up to do a backup and it said there was an update available. I didn't really pay attention to what it was updating although I remember seeing the word "library" a lot in the list. Anyway, after update my memory has gone from 118 to 112.
    What's up with that? Restarted several times already.
    I definately need to do something to clean up my memory... I have been sitting in the 70's and sometimes lower... I think there might be a leak in the theme I am running...
    10-03-09 12:15 PM
    I definately need to do something to clean up my memory... I have been sitting in the 70's and sometimes lower... I think there might be a leak in the theme I am running...
    If you want to run in the 110+, you're looking at an OS shrink. Having removed almost all stuff I wouldn't need from .230/.238 hybrid brought the OS down to about 38mb from 68, and I booted up with 140mb.

Of course installing like 20 apps brought it back down to 115.

Truthfully, there isn't a bit of difference between having 140mb, 115, and 70.
    10-03-09 12:35 PM
    Anybody else had my same problem with this update?
    10-03-09 01:26 PM
    When you say you did several restarts, how did you go about doing it? Soft resets or simply shutting your device off and turning it back on won't do much. Pull the battery and keep it out for at least 30 seconds. I just did this and went from 87 to 104.9mb.
    10-03-09 01:33 PM
    I did a few resets with Meterberry which is suppose to simulate a battery pull I thought.
    10-03-09 01:40 PM
    I did a few resets with Meterberry which is suppose to simulate a battery pull I thought.
    Anything other than physically taking out the battery while the phone is on is considered a soft reset. Try an actual battery pull and you will see much better results.
    10-03-09 01:41 PM
    Is it possible that the upgrade replaced some of the things you cleaned up? Might be worth a look.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD