The Bold is not worth paying retail for coming from a Tour. i wouldn't even pay $200 for it to upgrade from 9630. Not worth it. Imo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 10:22 PM
    to dump my Tour for a Bold 9650 after only 5 months. Yeah it sucks to pay full price, but better yet how will I get a new phone past my wife without her noticing....

They are similar phones, so maybe I can tell her they added a track pad at Sprint because the track ball was skipping.
    Dumping ur Tour is not wrong.. Lying to ur ol' lady however is and is sure to enforce a "No Pootang" policy where You're concerned~

05-22-10 02:22 AM
    Dumping ur Tour is not wrong.. Lying to ur ol' lady however is and is sure to enforce a "No Pootang" policy where You're concerned~

Well said and very very true. My wife enforces that policy when the bs meter goes off. LOL!

05-22-10 11:48 AM
    Tell her your trackball broke and they sent you one with a trackpad...or tell her the truth...I know if i want something bad enough, i get it one way or another lol
    05-22-10 12:36 PM
    like new car models there might be bugs that need fixing. I had the Tour and it it hadn't been for the trackball I still would have it. loved it, but the trackball was just a real annoyance. I am interested in the new Bold but I am holding off for awhile
    I'm used to the trackball after having the curve 8330 not that I like the trackball because I did upgrade to the 8530 that had the trackpad. 3 days later I traded it in for the tour because keypad was wobbly I was just going to get another because the trackpad was so inviting but the others had wobbly trackpad didn't fell solid like the 8330 or now the tour. I am still learning about the tour since I just got it today.

05-22-10 08:19 PM
    If you have to lie to avoid abuse, go for it .
    the tongue of a mad woman is sharper than a two edge sword.
    05-23-10 07:01 AM
    Now don't be sexist - I am a female and totally understand what the OP is saying. I know its bad and wrong but sometimes you just have to sneak some things in under the radar (within reason - I'm not talking about cheating or anything).
    But back to the real topic - my vote is to wait a little while to see what people are saying about the 9650 before jumping in. It does sound pretty good though... Maybe I can convince "kostnkost's" wife and he can convince my boyfriend that the upgrade is an absolute necessity!

I too understand what the OP is saying. I have an obsession with having the latest and greatest in phone technology. Its something that my husband would never understand. He finds something that he likes and will keep it until it breaks and is completely unusable. I have even bought new phones at full retail because the old one is damaged.

There have been times when I have had to tell a small white lie about my obsession because he wouldn't understand....
    05-23-10 09:51 PM
    Guess we know who wears the pants in your house LOL ..... Sorry but I just had to.

Told yah she was Sicilian
    05-24-10 04:28 AM
    Told yah she was Sicilian
    Being Italian myself , I know what you mean ;-)
    Just don't get caught lying, she might hit you
    on the head with one of those wooden pizza rollers.

Last edited by GG1; 05-24-10 at 05:17 AM.
    05-24-10 05:06 AM
    Being Italian myself , I know what you mean ;-)
    Just don't get caught lying, she might hit you
    on the head with one of those wooden pizza rollers.

That would be the least of my worries lol!

05-24-10 07:08 AM
    because being sneeky and underhanded is what men do best?

I love it .. too funny
    05-24-10 07:14 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD