to dump my Tour for a Bold 9650 after only 5 months. Yeah it sucks to pay full price, but better yet how will I get a new phone past my wife without her noticing....

They are similar phones, so maybe I can tell her they added a track pad at Sprint because the track ball was skipping.
    05-20-10 08:45 PM
    Why don't you just talk about it with her and both agree for you to get one instead of lying to her?
    05-20-10 09:32 PM
    because being sneeky and underhanded is what men do best?
    05-20-10 11:06 PM
    Now don't be sexist - I am a female and totally understand what the OP is saying. I know its bad and wrong but sometimes you just have to sneak some things in under the radar (within reason - I'm not talking about cheating or anything).
    But back to the real topic - my vote is to wait a little while to see what people are saying about the 9650 before jumping in. It does sound pretty good though... Maybe I can convince "kostnkost's" wife and he can convince my boyfriend that the upgrade is an absolute necessity!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 11:45 PM
    I say wait awhile. That's what I'm doing and I'm most likely going to buy the next BB that comes out on Sprint, so most likely the slider.
    05-20-10 11:58 PM
    like new car models there might be bugs that need fixing. I had the Tour and it it hadn't been for the trackball I still would have it. loved it, but the trackball was just a real annoyance. I am interested in the new Bold but I am holding off for awhile
    05-21-10 12:05 AM
    If you have to lie to avoid abuse, go for it .
    05-21-10 12:47 AM
    ^^^What he said...el oh el

05-21-10 03:25 AM
    I wouldn't bother at all, let alone lie to the superior other to make it happen. It ain't exactly a groundbreaking device. It can't be. It's a Tour with a few modifications. Emphasis on few.
    05-21-10 03:28 AM
    Actually, we're usually quite horrible at it.
    05-21-10 03:30 AM
    Why don't you just talk about it with her and both agree for you to get one instead of lying to her?
    Awww that is very cute, but I wouldn't be married 10 yrs now if we told each other everything lol. There are just some things you do not tell your spouse especially a Sicilian one!

She understands my addiction, but would not understand shelling out another couple hundred dollars for a phone that looks exactly like mine.
    05-21-10 03:59 AM
    it looks like a tour. lol
    05-21-10 05:05 AM
    hah i'm having the same issue but i at least got bargained into waiting for my upgrade in august :P .... no bb bold and evo i guess :P
    05-21-10 05:48 AM
    it looks like a tour. lol
    Made tongue in cheek of course. That never comes out in posts though.

05-21-10 06:04 AM
    I would just tell her what I planned to do. If youre working and you can afford it-go for it.
    05-21-10 07:34 AM
    Ah but if you act fast you can sell the Tour for half the purchase price of the Bold! Or be nice and give her the Tour and get the Bold, that is how I got mine, however I was able to use my upgrade (pushed up 2mos).. Bought Bold, gave 10mo. old Tour to my son to replace his Curve 8330 and THEN told hubby!
    05-21-10 12:05 PM
    Does she know anything about bbs? If she doesn't, I think you can get away with it.
    05-21-10 12:41 PM
    Awww that is very cute, but I wouldn't be married 10 yrs now if we told each other everything lol.
    I wouldn't be married 23 years if I lied about something as trivial as a phone. Women are very perceptive. If she caught you in that lie, she'd wonder how you'd handle it if something big actually came along.

Stick to the truth bud. It makes for a great marriage.

05-21-10 01:08 PM
    +100 .
    05-21-10 01:54 PM
    I wouldn't be married 23 years if I lied about something as trivial as a phone. Women are very perceptive. If she caught you in that lie, she'd wonder how you'd handle it if something big actually came along.

Stick to the truth bud. It makes for a great marriage.

I agree. I was married for 8 years and him lying is why we are no longer married.
    05-21-10 01:56 PM
    my vote is to wait a little while to see what people are saying about the 9650 before jumping in. It does sound pretty good though...
    from what i heard before the tour came out it was pretty good. we all know how that turned out...
    Last edited by Syco54645; 05-21-10 at 02:29 PM.
    05-21-10 02:25 PM
    from what i heard before the tour came out it was pretty good. we all know how that turned out...
    The reviews were outstanding for the Tour before it was released. Aside from the Trackball issues it really is a great device though....Bold just adds what the Tour should had been released with thus making it better.
    05-21-10 02:40 PM
    I would wait, I want a 50 too but I also know the next year is gonna be good. Also how many bugs did the first batch of tours have? Wait a few months see if the tour gets left behind with web kit and os 6, then upgrade.

D
    05-21-10 06:18 PM
    to dump my Tour for a Bold 9650 after only 5 months. Yeah it sucks to pay full price, but better yet how will I get a new phone past my wife without her noticing....

They are similar phones, so maybe I can tell her they added a track pad at Sprint because the track ball was skipping.
    Guess we know who wears the pants in your house LOL ..... Sorry but I just had to.

05-21-10 09:13 PM
    ^ lololololl.. #win.
    Last edited by MrsTokyo; 05-21-10 at 09:32 PM.
    05-21-10 09:25 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD