Plain and simple - I have a chance to get a newly refurbished Tour for free. A step up from the curve 8330m? Maybe...but debating on this of the 8530 (can get both for free)... 8530 has wifi which is nice, but the Tour is international (main appeal to me)...but no WiFi...which is okay, i suppose..

Thoughts?
    11-10-11 08:19 AM
    Id go with the 9330 at least.

If you had to choose between the two, id go for the 8530 though.

Wifi will give you emailsand bbm overseas.
    11-10-11 08:34 AM
    Get the Tour. The Curve feels so cheap and the phone is extra laggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-11 08:37 AM
    I would get the Tour, mine has been a great device for two years!
    11-10-11 09:30 AM
    not familiar with the 8530, but I have had a Tour for two years and it has been a perfect device. No problems what so ever. I thought I had made a mistake when I found out about no wifi, but have really not missed it. I really like my Tour. good quality, and nice size.
    11-10-11 11:52 AM
    I'd get the tour if WiFi wasn't a HUGE issue.
    11-11-11 04:46 PM
    I'd get the tour if WiFi wasn't a HUGE issue.
    I have never had a problem without wifi, I would think having a trackpad as opposed to a track ball would be the main benefit of the bold over the tour
    11-11-11 07:01 PM
    I have a Tour, though no longer using it since my upgrade, and my wife has a 8530. Having used them both I would definitely go for the Tour. Unless she's connected to wifi her browser is soooo slow it's not even worth trying to use it.
    11-11-11 07:03 PM
    I have a Tour, though no longer using it since my upgrade, and my wife has a 8530. Having used them both I would definitely go for the Tour. Unless she's connected to wifi her browser is soooo slow it's not even worth trying to use it.

Ah, ok, The Tour is my only BB to date, so don't really know what I am missing by not having wifi, I didn't know much about BB's when I bought it, so probably would not have bought it if I had know no wifi, hopefully I will upgrade in the near future and see the advantages
    11-11-11 07:08 PM
    Can you get a 9350 or 9370?
    11-11-11 07:15 PM
    Can you get a 9350 or 9370?

Not sure, I am on Verizion, I will probably get a 9930. I have actually thought about buying a good condition 9650 if I could find one. I like the 9930, but not really interested in touch screen all that much
    11-11-11 07:25 PM
    Ah, ok, The Tour is my only BB to date, so don't really know what I am missing by not having wifi, I didn't know much about BB's when I bought it, so probably would not have bought it if I had know no wifi, hopefully I will upgrade in the near future and see the advantages
    Wifi is a nice feature, but unless you have access to an open network it's not going to be that big of a deal. For me, the only network I connect to on a regular basis is at my house.
    The only time it comes in handy for me would be if I'm downloading something or on the occasions when the wife or kids have the computer tied up and I want to look up something online.
    11-11-11 07:49 PM
    Wifi is a nice feature, but unless you have access to an open network it's not going to be that big of a deal. For me, the only network I connect to on a regular basis is at my house.
    The only time it comes in handy for me would be if I'm downloading something or on the occasions when the wife or kids have the computer tied up and I want to look up something online.
    I really like my Tour, with or without wifi, just meets all my needs and I love the size. I do plan to upgrade one of these days, but not really in that much of a hurry.
    11-11-11 07:53 PM
    the 9630 is the first blackberry i've owned. I bought it on release day to replace my palm treo on sprint. it has been my main phone for the past 2 years. Overall it's an okay phone but not one i'd recommend b/c of the issues I've had.

From day one, I had the trackball problems that everyone talks about and it's very annoying. I should have swapped it out for a replacement but at the time I didn't think that would fix anything since it's a hardware related issue. Being my first blackberry, this issue has ruined the whole blackberry experience for me.

In the past 2 months, my loudspeaker has also started to randomly stop working on occasion, so I have to tap the phone on the corner to get it working again. I take good care of my phone so I don't know what caused this. It goes out without warning so I sometimes miss calls or don't hear my alarm go off. I've read other complaints about this in forums, so it may be more widespread on the 9630. Right now the speaker is working so it's real strange.

To make a long story short, I believe this phone should be recalled. I was upset when they released the 9650 so soon after the 9630 was out. I kinda felt like I was ripped off and got the buggy "prototype" version. If your 8330 is working fine, I'm not sure I would recommend this phone for free. I would try to find a nice 9650 instead. I'm still using mine just because I'm kinda afraid to spend more money on a blackberry (9930) based on this experience.

With all this said though, I will probably end up getting the 9930 sometime next year when the price drops to $100 or so. Having the touchscreen + trackpad should be awesome just like my palm treo was. I also just bought a new holster and charging cradle for my 9630, so yea I plan to get the most out of it for a while even with the issues i have
    Last edited by ruby04; 11-12-11 at 11:48 AM.
    11-12-11 10:47 AM
    since I wrote that post above. my phone has started working perfectly.. [knock on wood]. If it was like this all the time then it would actually be the best phone i've used. but sometimes it makes me frustrated as you can probably tell in my other post.

so assuming you get one that works perfect, i would recommend it
    11-14-11 10:37 PM
    Plain and simple - I have a chance to get a newly refurbished Tour for free. A step up from the curve 8330m? Maybe...but debating on this of the 8530 (can get both for free)... 8530 has wifi which is nice, but the Tour is international (main appeal to me)...but no WiFi...which is okay, i suppose..

Thoughts?
    I have had my Tour since release and it has been a pretty good device. If it had HD video recording, I would not think about trading in for another 2 years.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-11 08:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD