I had the Blackberry Curve 8330 for a while now and recently switched over to the new BB TOUR, i do love it!! But its definitely lacking the simultaneous voice and data for sure and wi-fi which i dont care to much about since my internet works pretty much anywhere.. Do you guys think it was worth the upgrade or are most of you sticking with the curve?
    07-14-09 09:41 AM
    The only big difference between the two besides the camera is the amount of memory. The Tour looks like one **** of a BB, but I think I will stay with my 8330. I have several apps on here and I am not even close to running out of memory. Plus with the complaints I have been reading about on here with the Tour. I will let the bugs work themselves out before I look into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-14-09 11:04 AM
    I didn't upgrade from the Curve but I did upgrade from the WE8830 and I can and will say that with out a doubt yes it was worth the upgrade
    I am very happy with the device so far just got it yesterday so there are things that have yet to be discovered I'm sure but I think that the TOUR is a great device
    07-14-09 11:08 AM
    If it works as designed, I think it is well worth the upgrade for me (better camera, global phone, better OS -marginally, functional GPS, etc. let alone aesthetics). But the vibrate on mine is relatively weak, and I've been seeing issues with maintaining 1XEV data connections.
    07-14-09 11:11 AM
    For me the answer turned out to be "not yet". I'm not due for my upgrade with VZW so it's not a matter of whether or not the Tour is better than my 8330 in terms of speed and form factor, rather is it $200 better than my Curve is to have it right now, versus waiting the 3 or 4 months for my "free" upgrade time with VZW to roll around?

I stood at the counter for almost an hour last night "playing" with a live Tour. What an awesome phone but... I couldn't find a compelling reason to pull a couple Benjamins out of my wallet to replace my trusty bullet-proof 8330. So... I decided to wait. By then all my favorite apps will run on the Tour (if they don't already), Seidio will have an Innocase for it (my personal favorite), any QC issues should be ironed out, etc.

Am I going to get a Tour? Absolutely!!! Am I getting one this week? As it turns out after a "hands on", no. Good things come to those who wait I suppose! If you're undecided, try a Tour for yourself and do what makes sense based upon your personal experience with it. Be forwarned though, compared to my Curve, the Tour is fast... very fast and we all know that speed is addictive! So again, fair warning...
    07-14-09 12:03 PM
    Plus with the complaints I have been reading about on here with the Tour. I will let the bugs work themselves out before I look into it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Dude go to the curve forum, there are tons of complaints there as well. I think people need to realize that not every phone is perfect. If there was a perfect phone, that carrier would have no competition. However, the tour is worth the upgrade imo, and I have 3 words for that. VCAST SONG ID!!!
    07-14-09 12:10 PM
    It's basically a faster version of the curve with a better camera and more memory. It's a great phone, but for me its not worth dishing out the extra few hundred bucks and dumping my curve for it. It'll be like trading in your Mercedes S500 for the S550. Yeah its an upgrade, but probably one that's not worth the money. Now if you're coming from a non-blackberry device, then I would highly suggest it.
    07-14-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD