Find Your Stolen Ipod, Mp3 Player, or Flash Drive: iHound Software - Home

I don't maintain this site or anything, but I stumbled on it recently, and I thought i'de pass it along. What it does is register your blackberry, and everytime you plug it into a computer, it sends an email to your account with the location of your blackberry (or ipod or flash drive).

So, if someone steals your Tour, and they plug it into there computer, you will have the exact coordinates. The best part is that it is free.

Anyways, Hope this isn't a repost, and I know the Tour Forums arn't the 'correct' forums for this, but just wanted to share it to you guys. Enjoy.
    08-13-09 10:55 PM
    thats awesome! im def. signing up
    08-13-09 10:55 PM
    what would you put for serial number? your pin? imie number?
    08-13-09 11:44 PM
    I put my pin, but it really dosn't matter
    08-14-09 01:21 PM
    That's why I have smrtguard. I can track the dude down lol and wipe the phone remotely
    08-14-09 01:22 PM
    Us Mac owners have a version of this, Undercover. It is awesome! Glad to see that Berries now have this sort of security!
    08-14-09 03:31 PM
    very cool man im gonna play with it
    08-14-09 03:48 PM
    That's why I have smrtguard. I can track the dude down lol and wipe the phone remotely
    I was wondering about smrtguard. Have you actually tried it to see if the remote wipe works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 04:23 PM
    Smrtguard works wonders. Highly worth the price!
    08-14-09 04:28 PM
    this is a thread I will have to follow!
    08-14-09 04:29 PM
    I was wondering about smrtguard. Have you actually tried it to see if the remote wipe works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ummmm i did the test and it came up but I'm not sure about wiping my haha. I've reloaded the OS too much to wanna do that. It has remote listen to it silently calls your phone and it picks up and you can hear like it's on speaker phone. Also if you can't find your bb in your house it has a find phone which makes the phone make this horrid noise till you find it. Not ot mention you can back up all your contacts, sms, messages, tasks and memos OTA and restore
    08-14-09 05:50 PM
    Wow, that's awesome. I'm definitely going to have to get this. Thanks for the recommendation!
    08-14-09 06:00 PM
    but it only works if its plugged into the computer, but still a nifty idea

they need it to be more phone based
    08-14-09 07:12 PM
    10-08-09 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD