I have Tour 9630. I tried 10 hours on this but no luck. I need expert or developer's advice on solving my problem.

Well, the thing is my trackball downward motion is not working and I search forums and turned off dial from homescreen which has gotten me somewhat far. But mainly I am stuck is when "alphabet shortcuts" don't seem to be working. Example: Go to SMS > Options. You'd see three choices. "General Settings", "Inbox Settings" and "Spell check". Due to down movement of trackball not working, I am never able to get to "Inbox Settings". Does any expert know how to get there without trackball.

I'd highly appreciate any help.
    06-21-11 01:36 AM
    There's no work around.

You need to replace the trackball.
    06-21-11 05:56 AM
    Well, I removed trackball by a pin to check if something is wrong with trackball. I used torch and found that all sensors are okay except lower sensor is totally gone. So, no issues with trackball. Either I replace sensor which is expensive business or have some developer or genius suggest me workaround. I am sure blackberry must have given some patch because millions of users are facing trackball issues. I just spent on phone and now on sensor is hard on me.
    06-21-11 06:23 AM
    you can get a sensor board on amazon for $21, if the housing is worn maybe pick up a new housing and make it like new again for$17 since you will have it opened up anyway
    06-23-11 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD