too sexy and beautiful in black for me to make the change and you should make sure it won't void out your warranty if you do make the switch.
    12-25-09 10:20 PM
    Hi guys, i have tried out the housing swap and unfortunately snipped the antenna attached to the speakerphone
    now i have no reception from my local network.
    what can i do?
    08-13-10 08:50 PM
    word to the wise... i have done this many many times before on my tour, and the bold 9650. it is true that the new electronic parts do not come with the electric sticky buttons that come on the old one, but you can get them off and reattached very very easily. what you do is...

boil water....

hold ONLY the midplate over the steam from the water, using a glove/hotpad if you cannot stand the heat, lol.

using tweezers, GENTLY pry off the outer larger button first, and GENTLY and SLOWLY pull away from the mid plate. The glue will melt, and easily remove the part, however the glue will also stick to the electronic piece, and you don't lose the glue!!!

To restore, use same process, using the tweezers over the boiling water connect the button back, keeping it over the water will keep the glue pliable... happy hunting...
    08-14-10 03:30 AM
    Man I really want to turn my Tour Blue or Gold but the thought of losing functionality scares me. My buddy did his & his gf's tour & they don't have Flash & reception is garbage now!? Boooooooo ill go look @ that other thread tho hmmm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-10 06:22 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD