It would be neat if they offered the Tour with either the trackball or trackpad. Like how they have it with and without the camera.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-09 10:39 AM
    Personally I think the trackball is what makes a blackberry. The trackpad is a neat idea but I'd prefer to use a trackball. I think that the trackpad is a little small and I'd see more problems come from those than trackballs.

07-23-09 10:51 AM
    I've commented in other threads that I feel the Tour's trackball is one of the positive improvements from the 8300 series Curve.

I have never used a trackpad, so I'm interested in trying one... However this trackball is crisp and accurate. Maybe its my Bell device?

The only concern I have with the ball is that its a moving part and prone to wear and tear / dirt, etc.
    07-23-09 10:58 AM
    I like the trackball too. I just don't care for how prone to sticking it can be (at least on my Curve). it would be really cool if RIM could make the ball/pad module interchangeable. Pop out the Ball and drop in a Pad if that's what you wanted, or vice versa. That might make everyone happy.
    07-23-09 11:21 AM
    Yeah thatd be pretty cool if they were interchangeable. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to

07-23-09 11:53 AM
    Personally I think the trackball is what makes a blackberry. The trackpad is a neat idea but I'd prefer to use a trackball. I think that the trackpad is a little small and I'd see more problems come from those than trackballs.

there is some people who will argue the same thing with the trackwheel..

keep in mind for length of device... there is no way a trackball will outlast a trackpad...

its the same switch as a ball mouse to optical/laser mouse...

on a computer.... at first people were sketchy about it would you buy a ball mouse?
    07-23-09 11:56 AM
    The trackpad would definitely solve alot of trackball issues i would think because it's a sensor
    07-23-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD