My trackball is awful. Will verizon replaceit? I do not want a replacement phone as this one is covered in invisible shield.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-09 09:55 AM
    if it's under the replacement plan they can try to clean it, but generally they will replace the phone because they generally dont have extra parts (same thing happed for my world edition)
    12-22-09 10:01 AM
    My trackball is awful. Will verizon replaceit? I do not want a replacement phone as this one is covered in invisible shield.

well if you want to keep your phone, just buy a trackball off of ebay(like 5 bucks) and install yourself. Then go on youtube and watch how to do it. Its so easy to do!
    12-22-09 10:07 AM
    i think even crackberry sells trackballs, no? But what if you have to replace the entire trackball assembly/mechanism?
    12-22-09 10:34 AM

i feel your pain.. I also have Phantomskinz on my Tour and hate when I had to get a replacement since I had to put them all back on my Tour again..

Verizon will not replace the trackball though since it requires them to take apart the phone which voids any warrenty thats on the phone. They can only send you out a replacment which sucks cause I know you say you have IS on your Tour too.
    12-22-09 10:44 AM
    I've heard of some verizon stores replacing the trackball..(not many though)

You can try using compressed air and rubbing alcohol wipes to clean the trackball. That usually helps if the trackball is just dirty
    12-22-09 11:45 AM
    The phone they will replace not the trackball.
    12-22-09 11:51 AM
    Yeah I have an invisible shield all on my tour that was professuionally installed. My trackball is horrible even on 90 horizontal 70 vertical. The trackball is just awfull. I have installed 5.0 and a hybrid on top with a kot of purchased apps. I really do not want to go through the process of redownloading my operating system all over again and repersonalizing my phone. If I replace my trackball will it still be covered under a replacement insurancewise? Has anyone had any experience with it?

12-22-09 12:05 PM
    Do you guys recommend replacing with a curve trackball? Or should I replace with another Tour trackball?
    12-22-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD