I brought my tour to egypt but for got my converter, I brought the adapters that came with with phone

I noticed on the charger it says input 100-240 volts, does that mean I can use the charger without a converter? Just using the adapters that came with the phone?

Please help! Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-10 07:39 AM
    Yes...no matter what the voltage is where you are, the charger will convert it to the proper voltage for charging your phone.
    07-05-10 07:55 AM
    It sounds as you have the right converter PLUGS or shapes.

But for others, while the adapter's voltage works, in some places in Europe, their electric receptacles are quite recessed and the adapter/plug will not reach into the recess. In those cases you might be better served by the separate small plug-adapters that fit on the end of the US-plug and can reach into the recess - buy the slimmest plug-adapters you can find.
    07-05-10 09:44 AM
    But for others, while the adapter's voltage works, in some places in Europe, their electric receptacles are quite recessed and the adapter/plug will not reach into the recess. In those cases you might be better served by the separate small plug-adapters that fit on the end of the US-plug and can reach into the recess - buy the slimmest plug-adapters you can find.
    +1 on Europe's ridiculously "deep" plugs. I got burnt too.
    07-05-10 10:56 AM
    Thanks guys, I changed my phone and it didn't blow up, so I guess that's a good sign. I was so happy to remember to bring the different outlet adapters that I forgot I would need a converter, but after reading the back of it, it says 100-240 volts, so I assumed it would be able to handle it

I see what you mean about the plugs being recessed, they are over here....but lucky for me the plug fit

My main concern was the actual charger itself, whether it would be able to work here, or if I needed to buy a seperate converter for the voltage

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by carzaddict; 07-05-10 at 11:01 AM.
    07-05-10 10:58 AM
    Glad to hear it worked out.
    07-05-10 11:02 AM
    +1 on Europe's ridiculously "deep" plugs. I got burnt too.
    AND folks might want to bring TWO - so you can charge both the phone and the camera overnight and not have to worry about swapping adapters/converters/shapes/whatever.
    07-05-10 11:37 AM
    AND folks might want to bring TWO - so you can charge both the phone and the camera overnight and not have to worry about swapping adapters/converters/shapes/whatever.
    Or, you can do what I do. Buy one of these and use ONE adapter plug for all your 110/220 items.

I checked with Monster Cable and they verified that I'd have no problems using this in Europe and they are right - it works fine - including the USB charger. The USB charger takes a long time with the BB but works fine with other phones.

07-05-10 04:08 PM
    Very interesting. I see if is "Outlets to go" and is available from Walmart for about $12.00. It seems to have usb, too.
    07-05-10 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD