The only 624 MHz processor that RIM uses is the Marvell (branded StrongARM), the only model that uses it is the 9000 "Meteor" Bold. The 9530 does not use it, for the same reason the Niagra 9630 (CDMA version of the Bold) doesn't use it.... the Marvell, like the Intel XScale that RIM used in previous GSM berries, is NOT compatible with the CDMA radio hardware. The Storm and Niagra, by virtue of their carrier radio service, are relegated to the slower Qualcomm chip, sorry, that's just how it is. Further, if RIM DID issue a different version of of the 95xx series, it would most certainly have a different 2 digit model number after it's series designator. If they change the model number for something like internal GPS and WiFi (8310 and 8320 anyone?) or changing from an ESN CDMA radio to a MEID CDMA radio (8330 and 8330m) then they are DARN sure going to issue a new model number for a CPU change, be realistic.
    Last edited by paultyler_82; 04-18-09 at 04:04 AM.
    04-17-09 11:31 PM
    The only 624 MHz processor that RIM uses is the Marvell (branded StrongARM), the only model that uses it is the 9000 "Meteor" Bold. The 9530 does not use it, for the same reason the Niagra 9630 (CDMA version of the Bold) doesn't use it.... the Marvell, like the Intel XScale that RIM used in previous GSM berries, is NOT compatible with the CDMA radio hardware. The Storm and Niagra, by virtue of their carrier radio service, are relegated to the slower Qualcomm chip, sorry, that's just how it is. Further, if RIM DID issue a different version of of the 95xx series, it would most certainly have a different 2 digit model number after it's series designator. If they change the model number for something like internal GPS and WiFi (8310 and 8320 anyone?) or changing from an ESN CDMA radio to a MEID CDMA radio (8330 and 8330m) then they are DARN sure going to issue a new model number for a CPU change, be realistic.

Very interesting info here
    04-18-09 08:59 AM
    that is correct and you all know that wireless carriers does make decsion to what they want to do with storm.

for example, in Japan they do sell blackberry bold without camera because the largest wireless carriers there wanted that way. whatever wireless carriers ask RIM for the storm and they make one and supplied to them. waterloo ontario canada makes all blackberry devices for canada and texas makes all for usa and but does not know where in europe and asia that makes them
    Listen dude, go to Bell's website and look up all the Tech Specs for each phone they sell. NONE of them have info about proc speeds. If they cannot properly document that, what makes you think what you get from a CSR will be correct? They have nothing to go by. Heck, there's people out there today that think the Niagra will have the same proc in it that the Bold had for AT&T, when in fact it'll have the same one as the Storm. If you had a 9520 instead of a 9530 we might be inclined to somewhat believe you.... at least until one got taken apart and proven otherwise.
    04-18-09 09:59 AM
    telus mobility does have info about processor on its website but not bell mobility and also nothing for rogers wireless as well but I do know verizon blackberry storm have 528 mhz already and was found through PC world magazine.

RIM does make and supplied to all wireless carriers around the world but it is wireless carriers is the one who make decison to what kind of model they want on any blackberry devices.

for example :

telus and bell does sell pearl 8130 , curve 8830 and storm 9530
    rogers sell pearl 8110 8120, curve 8300 , 8310, 8320 and also curve 8900 and bold

so I am sure wireless carriers in usa does get different model for pearl, curve , bold and storm.
    Last edited by Oilersboy; 04-18-09 at 09:22 PM.
    04-18-09 08:09 PM
    The niagara will not have the same processor as the storm. The storm has a dual core processor and the niagara doesn't. They will, however, both be 528. And I don't believe the storms processor is qualcomm - the bolds is though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Funny my 9530 says Qualcomm 3G CDMA on the back of it.
    04-18-09 08:12 PM
    telus mobility does have info about processor on its website but not bell mobility and also nothing for rogers wireless as well but I do know verizon blackberry storm have 528 mhz already and was found through PC world magazine.

RIM does make and supplied to all wireless carriers around the world but it is wireless carriers is the one who make decison to what kind of model they want on any blackberry devices.

That's right, RIM does. And there is only TWO models/versions of the BlackBerry Storm. A 9500 which is for Vodafone and a 9530 which is for Telus, Bell and Verizon. RIM did not make different version 9530's. They are all the exact same. The did not change the hardware for any specific carrier, that would cost way too much money. All 9530's have the same specs. As do all of the 9500's. Why you cannot get this I'm not quite sure.
    04-18-09 08:42 PM
    if that person from RIM gave me wrong info about it then that person would not know anything about that and I did e mail them about and about 2 hrs later they reply me back answering my questions

don't you know that all employees at RIM are being monitored very closely by higher ups there . so to make sure they don't leak out any info about new devices etc . they can check all employee's computers as well due to security reasons
    DUDE-
    WHAT ARE YOU, 12???
    04-18-09 08:50 PM

for example :

rogers sell pearl 8110 8120, curve 8300 , 8310, 8320 and also curve 8900 and bold

so I am sure wireless carriers in usa does get different model for pearl, curve , bold and storm.
    First off, Rogers doesn't even carry the Storm. Secondly, there are different versions of the first gen Curve and Pearl (8xx0), but those versions are modified slightly to work with the capabilities of the various carriers. CX has said that there are different versions of the Storm, but that there are only TWO of them. Vodafone/various European carriers, who have the 9500, and the North American version, the 9530. If there were differences between the Storm's carried by Bell, Telus, and Verizon, then it would denoted so in the model number. Since this is not the case, all 9500's are the same, and all 9530's are the same. This is not even up for debate so I have no idea why you're having trouble believing it.
    04-18-09 08:56 PM
    I did check bell mobility website about cpu speed ( processor) and it says not available same with rogers for bold as well but telus is the only ones that says about processor on telus mobility website
    04-18-09 09:10 PM
    DUDE-
    WHAT ARE YOU, 12???
    me 12 haha no way and I am way over 40 lol

I took oilersboy as a nickname cuz I am Edmonton Oilers fan that's why
    04-18-09 09:10 PM
    First off, Rogers doesn't even carry the Storm. Secondly, there are different versions of the first gen Curve and Pearl (8xx0), but those versions are modified slightly to work with the capabilities of the various carriers. CX has said that there are different versions of the Storm, but that there are only TWO of them. Vodafone/various European carriers, who have the 9500, and the North American version, the 9530. If there were differences between the Storm's carried by Bell, Telus, and Verizon, then it would denoted so in the model number. Since this is not the case, all 9500's are the same, and all 9530's are the same. This is not even up for debate so I have no idea why you're having trouble believing it.
    did u know that rogers wireless supposed to get storm 9520 with wi fi this year but was cancelled you can look --->More Rogers BlackBerry Storm 9520 images appear | BlackBerry Cool
    Last edited by Oilersboy; 04-18-09 at 09:37 PM.
    04-18-09 09:24 PM
    did u know that rogers wireless supposed to get storm 9520 with wi fi this year but was cancelled you can look --->More Rogers BlackBerry Storm 9520 images appear | BlackBerry Cool
    Yes, I did see that. But since they didn't release it yet, they don't have it...
    04-19-09 04:56 PM
    Yes, I did see that. But since they didn't release it yet, they don't have it...
    Who says the 9520 isn't being tested.
    04-19-09 08:46 PM

for example :

Actually, yes, the carriers do decide what models they want, however, they cannot make RIM add and subtract hardware features from models. Most carriers will disable certain things in the software if they don't want them to be used though. the reason telus and bell (along with verizon, sprint, every other CDMA provider) sell the xx30 models and only the xx30 models is because the xx30 model designator is RIM's code for CDMA radio model. All other units except the xxx0i models are GSM phones, with xx10 designating an internal GPS in some models and xx20 designating WiFi in some models. All World Edition phones are xx30, because they have a CDMA radio with a secondary dual or quad band GSM Radio.

The niagara will not have the same processor as the storm. The storm has a dual core processor and the niagara doesn't. They will, however, both be 528. And I don't believe the storms processor is qualcomm - the bolds is though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Funny my 9530 says Qualcomm 3G CDMA on the back of it.
    You're right, your phone is a Qualcomm 3G unit... Both the Niagara and the Storm use exactly the same CPU, the Qualcomm MSM7600, a 524MHz 32bit RISC CPU that is single core, uses the ARMv6 Instruction Set and has a ARM9 companion chip running at 133MHz
    04-20-09 09:14 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD