Right now I have a Storm and have mixed feelings about it. I have been running leaks for a long time now and must say that OVERALL I am pretty satisfied with the phone on whole. BUT I do miss my 8330, I miss the snappy workings of it, I miss not having to worry about screen transitions, but most of all I miss having a KEYBOARD.

So... the Tour is coming in July (possibly) and I am very much considering selling my mint condition Storm (knock on wood) and getting the Tour. A few questions...

1. It's got a small version of the Bold keyboard... overall, is the consensus that this is a good thing?

2. There is some talk that this is a phone with many of the same inner workings as the Storm... does this mean it has the same amount of memory? Or will it have more?

3. I feel like the Storm is a brick, I REALLY liked the size of my 8330, but prefer the aesthetics of the 9XXX phones along with the UI. Is the Tour a bit sleeker than the Storm? Is it thicker/thinner? Lighter/heavier? Shorter/taller?

Thanks for any info, I have been looking around for quite a while but the info I saw concerning my questions didn't seem to be agreed upon so I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions and some definitive answers. Thank you all much!
    06-02-09 01:21 AM
    Right now I have a Storm and have mixed feelings about it. I have been running leaks for a long time now and must say that OVERALL I am pretty satisfied with the phone on whole. BUT I do miss my 8330, I miss the snappy workings of it, I miss not having to worry about screen transitions, but most of all I miss having a KEYBOARD.

So... the Tour is coming in July (possibly) and I am very much considering selling my mint condition Storm (knock on wood) and getting the Tour. A few questions...

1. It's got a small version of the Bold keyboard... overall, is the consensus that this is a good thing?

2. There is some talk that this is a phone with many of the same inner workings as the Storm... does this mean it has the same amount of memory? Or will it have more?

3. I feel like the Storm is a brick, I REALLY liked the size of my 8330, but prefer the aesthetics of the 9XXX phones along with the UI. Is the Tour a bit sleeker than the Storm? Is it thicker/thinner? Lighter/heavier? Shorter/taller?

Thanks for any info, I have been looking around for quite a while but the info I saw concerning my questions didn't seem to be agreed upon so I was hoping someone could give me some suggestions and some definitive answers. Thank you all much!
    1) The keybord is awesome. PERFECT SIZE

2) I can't remember the free memory space in my storm, but my tour came with 111 mb of free space.

3) Its smaller than the storm and lighter too. PERFECT SIZE

Overall the TOUR is the best blackberry I've ever had. I'm sure you are going to fall in love with it too
    06-02-09 01:25 AM
    im gonna for sure get the tour and keep my storm aswell the tour is gonna be a freakin awesome phone
    06-02-09 02:07 AM

I highly recommend you to go to AT&T, play with a Bold for about 20-30 minutes, or find a friend that has Bold and play with it. If you love it, get the Tour. If you "just like it" or anything less, don't get the Tour.
    06-02-09 02:26 AM
    1) The keybord is awesome. PERFECT SIZE

2) I can't remember the free memory space in my storm, but my tour came with 111 mb of free space.

3) Its smaller than the storm and lighter too. PERFECT SIZE

Overall the TOUR is the best blackberry I've ever had. I'm sure you are going to fall in love with it too
    where the **** did you get a tour??
    06-02-09 02:32 AM

because others answered in much the same way I would I wont directly answer your questions instead I will provide my insite on the device based on hours of research haha

The tour is the BOLD for cdma.. Its the closest thing to the top end berry that you can have on a cdma network at this point in time.

The keyboard seems to be a great size and if you were able to type on the curve well then this shouldn't be a issue at all.

There is a ton more room for apps there is however no secondary storage like the storm currently has directly onboard.. However memory cards work just fine..

My opinion is simple
    If you like the storm and don't want/need something else then look no further use your phone

but if your craving the keyboard and like the looks of the device and what it is. then go for the tour this is going to be the highend bb on verizon probably for a while..

I also heard that javascript/browser works much better on the tour..

either way you need to pic a phone that suits your needs..

if your into media more then the storm is a great device..

if you type a crap ton more then anything then the tour is your device
    06-02-09 03:26 AM
    where the **** did you get a tour??
    I want to know also
    06-02-09 03:29 AM
    hes posted up many videos of it already... for us answering all of our questions..

to repeat his words.. A friend gave it to him.
    06-02-09 03:33 AM
    The Tour will have 2x the memory of the Storm. The OS should also be much snappier (comparable to the Bold). The browser will also be the fastest one to date out of all BlackBerries.
    06-02-09 06:28 AM
    Hoe...lee...****e.
    06-02-09 07:05 AM

1) As you might have already heard, the Bold has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry to date. The 9630 carries on this tradition. Exact same keyboard, just a tad smaller. Which I have actually come to prefer over the last few months of use. It's keyboard is one of it's strong points. You'll never be disappointed you have to type something.

2) Yes the 9630 has the same internals as the Storm, for the most part, but it does have more memory for applications.

3) The 9630 is definitely smaller than the Storm, and also smaller than the 9000. It has very good form factor. The size is close to perfect. I say close, because the Onyx has "perfect" reserved.

I've been using a 9630 for about 4 months now, and I must say it's a dang good device. Very quick. This is the CDMA version of the Bold, and I can imagine you've heard, it's wonderful.
    The 9630 upon release will have the fastest, best browser BlackBerry has to offer. I really can't see anyone who purchases this device saying "man I don't like this phone."
    06-02-09 07:15 AM
    will it fit nicely in my pocket? bear in mind that I currently have a Pearl...
    06-02-09 07:50 AM
    will it fit nicely in my pocket? bear in mind that I currently have a Pearl...
    Well obviiously it won't fit the same as the Pearl, so if that's your definition of nice, then no. However, IMHO it fits just fine. It's smaller than my 9000, and it fits perfectly fine. But I'm not one to walk with one in my pocket. It gets scratched up that way. But it fits fine.
    06-02-09 07:54 AM
    The Tour will have 2x the memory of the Storm. The OS should also be much snappier (comparable to the Bold). The browser will also be the fastest one to date out of all BlackBerries.
    Not will, but HAS more memory. Not should, but the OS IS snappier, and the browser is great
    06-02-09 08:02 AM
    <clipped for space>

2) Yes the 9630 has the same internals as the Storm, for the most part, but it does have more memory for applications.

3) The 9630 is definitely smaller than the Storm, and also smaller than the 9000. It has very good form factor. The size is close to perfect. I say close, because the Onyx has "perfect" reserved.
    <clipped for space>
    The 9630 should be faster than the Storm because it has less screen to power. As CX said it's as close as the CDMA camp is gonna get to the Bold right now.
    06-02-09 08:07 AM
    i never did realize that its smaller then the Storm.... how much smaller then the storm? Reason I ask is I love the size of the storm, so I'm just curious how much smaller the Tour really is to the storm?
    06-02-09 08:20 AM
    Wow, I sure pulled the attention of some of the big wigs on the forum, I think I am blushing! :] haha

Thank you all for your great information, if you guys have any of the same preferences as me, it looks like the 9630 is going to be my phone for sure. I really just miss the utility of the Curve and have gotten over the "neatness" of my Storm... though I must admit it is becoming a nicer and nicer phone. I just feel that I REALLY want a keyboard again.

Thanks again!
    06-02-09 08:42 AM
    i never did realize that its smaller then the Storm.... how much smaller then the storm? Reason I ask is I love the size of the storm, so I'm just curious how much smaller the Tour really is to the storm?
    Not by much, but it is a bit.

Go check out a jav, then a bold, and its right in the middle of both.
    06-02-09 09:16 AM
    The Storm is my first BB and I'm starting to think I'd like a physical keyboard. How difficult is it to type one-handed on the Tour?
    06-02-09 10:21 AM
    I know many have said the keyboard is great, but that's my biggest concern. I've tried the Bold keyboard on demo unit at Best Buy, and was not impressed. I'm hoping those demo units at BB don't represent how the keyboard truly feels.
    06-02-09 11:39 AM
    My husband has a Storm (that I updated with no issues, amazingly enough) and he's trying to decide if he's going to trade up to the Tour so this is a useful thread for me.

I for one am COUNTING DOWN THE DAYS (I mean, if I KNEW how many days there WERE, exactly) until the 9630 release. My contract is up this Thursday and I'm crushed I have to wait to upgrade. I can always go with a Curve but I hate to replace my still awesome 8830 with anything but the 9630-- especially if it really is so close on the horizon.
    06-02-09 11:47 AM
    1) As you might have already heard, the Bold has the best keyboard of any BlackBerry to date. The 9630 carries on this tradition. Exact same keyboard, just a tad smaller. Which I have actually come to prefer over the last few months of use. It's keyboard is one of it's strong points. You'll never be disappointed you have to type something.

I've been using a 9630 for about 4 months now, and I must say it's a dang good device. Very quick. This is the CDMA version of the Bold, and I can imagine you've heard, it's wonderful.
    The 9630 upon release will have the fastest, best browser BlackBerry has to offer. I really can't see anyone who purchases this device saying "man I don't like this phone."

ohh you have to rub in the onyx reserved perfect dont you!

ahah

I want the tour so bad but heck I gotta agree the onyx looks nice just wish it was a cdma device

I am sure I will be more then satisfied with the tour though.
    06-02-09 06:03 PM
    ohh you have to rub in the onyx reserved perfect dont you!

ahah

I want the tour so bad but heck I gotta agree the onyx looks nice just wish it was a cdma device

I am sure I will be more then satisfied with the tour though.
    You absolutely will. And even if the 9630 and Onyx released on the same day, and you were not bound by contract to VZ, you might like the Tour more. They really dont differ much, as you have read.

But if your bound by contract to VZ, when the 9630 is out, you will love it. It already destroy's the Storm IMO
    06-02-09 06:19 PM
    You absolutely will. And even if the 9630 and Onyx released on the same day, and you were not bound by contract to VZ, you might like the Tour more. They really dont differ much, as you have read.

But if your bound by contract to VZ, when the 9630 is out, you will love it. It already destroy's the Storm IMO

well the one thing that really draws me to the onyx/bold is def the wi-fi its not a deal breaker having at&t in my area is pretty bad (stress: in my area)

if they were to improve the signal/coverage in my area I may have jumped to at&t a while ago.

but verizon gives me great coverage so I can't complain and the tour should get the job done
    06-02-09 07:03 PM
    well the one thing that really draws me to the onyx/bold is def the wi-fi its not a deal breaker having at&t in my area is pretty bad (stress: in my area)

if they were to improve the signal/coverage in my area I may have jumped to at&t a while ago.

but verizon gives me great coverage so I can't complain and the tour should get the job done
    If you have good ATT coverage, by all means, the Onyx is the beast to have once released. But if your good with VZ, stick to the Tour.
    06-02-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD