I went to the mall today and I was playing around with the different Blackberries in a couple different stores. The first thing I noticed was that the keyboard are just so much smaller than I truly expected. The Tour's keyboard is kind of like the Bold's keyboard but smaller. When I used the Bold's keyboard I pressed 2, sometimes 3 buttons at a time with the tips of my thumbs. Will I get use to the keyboard on the Tour or should I go with the Storm since I feel comfortable on the landscape qwerty?
    06-21-09 08:25 PM
    How could you press 3 buttons on the Bold at the same time...? It's really not that hard to type on any phone, you just have to get used to it.
    06-21-09 08:28 PM
    i guess i have really big man hands
    06-21-09 08:29 PM
    depends on if you like touchscreen, it seems like most of the people on this forum are ditching their storms cause they're sick of them. i mean it really depends, you could be one of the few storm owners that actually enjoys it, but if you get a tour you can always get used to the keyboard, i mean think of all the texters you see in the street that're always going a million miles a minute. you eventually get used to the keyboard on your phone.
    ultimately its your choice, but i'm sure a lot of people on this forum are gonna call you nuts and tell you to get the tour.
    06-21-09 08:57 PM
    Your hands have to be huge if you are having problems like that..... I type on a pearl and my hands are HUGE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 09:05 PM
    depends on if you like touchscreen, it seems like most of the people on this forum are ditching their storms cause they're sick of them. i mean it really depends, you could be one of the few storm owners that actually enjoys it, but if you get a tour you can always get used to the keyboard, i mean think of all the texters you see in the street that're always going a million miles a minute. you eventually get used to the keyboard on your phone.
    ultimately its your choice, but i'm sure a lot of people on this forum are gonna call you nuts and tell you to get the tour.
    Careful on the sweeping generalizations. I happen to be one heck of a happy storm owner and you see a fair amount of posts in the storm forum of people who are perfectly happy with the first gen touch screen. As always, forums are a place where people speculate and/or complain, but rarely praise.

Having said all that, I have some fat thumbs and so does my dad, but we type just fine on various physical keyboard BBs (8710, 8830, 8330, etc). Like anything new, it will take time to get used to it. By most accounts it seems that the Bold (and now the Tour) have the best keyboard of all the physical keyboard BBs.
    Last edited by bugg77; 06-21-09 at 09:08 PM. Reason: Really? That censored out h-ell? Pitiful
    06-21-09 09:08 PM
    I went from a much bigger keyboard on a Voyager to an 8830. It took a few days to adjust to the smaller keyboard but now I type just as quickly as I did on my Voyager. You will be fine with a little practice
    06-21-09 09:16 PM
    Careful on the sweeping generalizations. I happen to be one heck of a happy storm owner and you see a fair amount of posts in the storm forum of people who are perfectly happy with the first gen touch screen. As always, forums are a place where people speculate and/or complain, but rarely praise.

Having said all that, I have some fat thumbs and so does my dad, but we type just fine on various physical keyboard BBs (8710, 8830, 8330, etc). Like anything new, it will take time to get used to it. By most accounts it seems that the Bold (and now the Tour) have the best keyboard of all the physical keyboard BBs.

sorry for the generalizations, i'm just going on what i'm reading from the people making the switch here, haven't ventured far out this forum

though to the OP, it's really up to you, though most people adjust to their keyboards after a few days, touchscreen or not.
    06-21-09 09:45 PM
    I have the Bold and I absolutely love it. The keyboard is so easy to use but my hands are really tiny as well. I bet you'll get used to the Tour's keyboard.
    06-21-09 09:50 PM
    I bet you'll get used to the Tour's keyboard.
    I agree. Most people no matter what device they had in the past have to go through an adjustment period to get used to the new one.
    06-21-09 10:07 PM
    lolz....dude got sausage fingers....
    06-21-09 10:12 PM
    You will get used to typing. I thought the same thing when I first got the curve, but was typing fairly fast after a few days. The tour will have a nice keyboard. As for the Storm, I would say you need to try it out before buying. I had the storm for around a month and loved everything but typing on it. I just could never get accurate or quick with it even after trying many OS's. Many can type ok with it. Since I mainly text and email, I needed something more accurate and quicker for me. Got the curve to hold me over until the tour is released. I no longer have an interest in anything other than a physical keyboard

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-09 10:36 PM
    now this may be generalizing but I am going to kind of go out on a limb and base this off knowledge of other people..

I have seen more "big hand" complaints on a touch screen device then I have on a keyboarded device..

especially when talking about the bold..

I think if you have never used a keyboard on a phone before they are all going to seem tiny and you will probably end up getting used to it..

keyboards on phones don't get much bigger then the bold's

so if that gives you any idea..
    06-21-09 11:25 PM
    You'll adjust to the keys over time and become efficient. I couldn't type very well at all on my 8830 for the first day or two coming from my Storm. Now I can type out messages really quickly and accurately after about 3 weeks with the phone. Just takes a little bit of practice to get good at it.
    06-22-09 01:33 AM
    When I used the Bold's keyboard I pressed 2, sometimes 3 buttons at a time with the tips of my thumbs.
    When you say "my thumbs" do you mean my big toe?

It's like people said. It comes down to personal preference. For me, I'd sacrifice screen size any day to have a physical keyboard.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 06-22-09 at 01:58 AM. Reason: added my opinion.
    06-22-09 01:55 AM
    i guess i have really big man hands
    You big burly man you..
    06-22-09 09:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD