I'm running 5.0 and with the 7.14 hybrid and I'm expecting a replacement phone in the mail tomorrow. If I just load the back up file with DM will everything be the same as the phone that I backed up? Will my meter berry still work? Assigned Ringtones be the same? Picture ID's?

Better yet.....what won't transfer to the new phone with a backup file?
    12-23-09 07:59 PM
    everything should transfer fine...just when the new one comes just go the transfer wizard on DM....you might have to put in the license key for the bought apps though but idk for sure..
    12-23-09 08:01 PM
    Your device data (messages, calendar, settings, etc.) will be backed up, but not your third-party applications. You have to back those up separately. You can do that by using Crucial_Xtreme's method (http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/) or you can use BBsak.
    12-23-09 08:06 PM
    it should back up just fine

if you have any apps that are pin specific, you will need to contact the vendor and see if they will transfer the pins for you - if you purchased them through CB, make the changes in your account information and once it has been approved you should be good.
    12-23-09 08:12 PM
    I'm running 5.0 and with the 7.14 hybrid and I'm expecting a replacement phone in the mail tomorrow. If I just load the back up file with DM will everything be the same as the phone that I backed up? Will my meter berry still work? Assigned Ringtones be the same? Picture ID's?

Better yet.....what won't transfer to the new phone with a backup file?
    no, you cant just do a backup and expect everythign to be backed up.. your 3rd party apps need to be backed up seperatly unless you do a Device Switch Wizard in DM which will transfer everything including 3rd party apps, but a normal backup will not back those up for you.
    12-23-09 08:18 PM
    everything should transfer fine...just when the new one comes just go the transfer wizard on DM....you might have to put in the license key for the bought apps though but idk for sure..
    Tee- Where did you get Hybrid 7.15 ? Irtehun's site still shows only 7.14

F
    12-23-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD