I've been reading these posts ever since the "official Verizon .591 update" was released, and am very concerned about the ability to obtain an "error free" upgrade once installed. Having said this, in a perfect update world, can someone please "bullet point" the differences between 4.7.161 and 5.0.591.
    I have read many threads, but have never seen a comparison between them, and would like to see the differences before I update now or wait for a new release. Thanks for the help
    04-07-10 03:23 PM
    • 4.7.1.61 may throw a 552 error and force you to wipe and reload your device if you download too many apps. How many is too many appears somewhat arbitrary.
    • 5.0.0.591 may throw a "Technical error, return your phone to the store for replacement." What triggers that error is unknown, but many people have experienced it.
    • 5.0.0.591 enables PTT.

Unless you must have PTT, my suggestion is to wait on a better upgrade.
    04-07-10 03:44 PM
    Jeff, thanks for the reply. I still am not sure exactlly what the "major" differences between the two OS are, but I will be waiting for an additional release, in hopes that all of these problems have been resolved.
    04-07-10 05:18 PM
    Attached is the PDF from Verizon's site that describes the new features. I'm not upgrading to this version. I use my BlackBerry for work, I don't need threaded SMS and PTT, and I'm unwilling to take a chance on the "Technical Error..." I appreciate the folks that do test new OS versions. Attachment 59151
    04-07-10 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD