In the last few weeks, my Tour has been really lagging when handling txt messages. It takes around 10sec to open one, and at least as long or longer to send.

Emails work just fine and open right away, and I have no problem with phone calls.

I've tried rebooting, deleting extra apps, nothing works. Any ideas?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-10 01:45 PM
    Have you tried deleting all of your text messages? Most of the time its because you have too many on the phone.

02-24-10 01:55 PM
    Using 5.0?? I have a similiar prob on 5.0 and it's a common problem because how the threaded SMS works.. It opens all the messages in the thread at once, but I have never had that problem on 4.7.xxx. If having that problem on 4.7 then you def have way too many messages and need to reboot and possibly back-up or just delete messages if not important...
    02-24-10 03:02 PM
    Have you tried deleting all of your text messages? Most of the time its because you have too many on the phone.

Rubbish. This wasn't the case prior to the 5.0 update. Before I updated I used to have hundreds of text messages on the phone and they loaded right up. This is assuming the OP has the 5.0 version.
    02-24-10 03:08 PM
    Rubbish. This wasn't the case prior to the 5.0 update. Before I updated I used to have hundreds of text messages on the phone and they loaded right up. This is assuming the OP has the 5.0 version.
    Exactly what I said I think.. I once posted a thread about how broken/crappy Threaded SMS is but the truth seemed to **** off alot of people....
    Last edited by mike340t; 02-24-10 at 03:23 PM. Reason: p1ss is a cuss word?.. seriously?.. I feel all kindergarden inside now..
    02-24-10 03:21 PM
    Dont have any problem running 5.0. May be just reinstall your OS and everything could be fine...
    02-24-10 03:24 PM
    Not sure about 5.0 but I had a similar issue with 4.7.

Turned out it I had been texting one contact ALOT and the text message history was really long. I fixed it by opening a text message from them, clicking the blackberry button, and selecting "Remove History". Since I don't have 5.0 yet (thanks Verizon) I'm not sure if that version also has this option but its worth a shot.
    02-24-10 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD