You can change profiles and make them permanent by using the Sound icon on the HOME SCREEN ... and not the sound cagetory in Options. Scroll down to the bottom and click Custom Profiles. Go from there, but be SURE to save each change and THEN, when you are done, make sure and do a final save on the page where the new profile is given a name.
    10-07-09 04:57 PM
    Is 5.0 running smoothly? I haven't gone to a leaked version on this phone but wondering if I should.....
    I just downloaded and played with the Storm simulator that's running 5.0.0.23whatever. While true that you can now customize ALL the sound profiles, the whole concept is still in the "spirit" of OS 4.7

So basically, with OS 5, you'll be able to customize what sound the phone makes when it's in normal, medium, or loud. But as far as the phone automatically switching profiles when holstered (which was what others and myself were griping about), well we'll just leave that buried in the past, because that's where it's staying
    10-07-09 06:22 PM
    here's a picture of what I miss above all else
    10-07-09 06:50 PM
    yeah.. i'm having an issue with the holster setting too. how do i set it so that in holster it rings and vibrates then when i take it out of the holster it still rings/vibrates?

right now it vibrates then rings in holster, then out of holster it just vibrates. any input?
    10-07-09 09:09 PM
    Just make new custom sound profiles
    10-07-09 09:16 PM
    edit: nm i got it
    Last edited by peterrr; 10-07-09 at 09:40 PM.
    10-07-09 09:35 PM
    it plain and simple doesn't work and hopefully is fixed with the official upgrade. even the tones and sounds i have working arent going according to the functions i have them set for. terrible.
    10-07-09 09:39 PM
    I agree 100% with the OP. Yes, I know that I can make any custom ringtone/alert that I want, but having come from my 8830 to the 9630, it feels like I have to recreate the wheel. I also know that I can customize the standard ring/alert settings, but what some aren't understanding is that those customizations then apply to all of the standard rings/alerts while before I could fully edit each standard/pre-loaded ring/alert (eg, make Loud louder or make Low lower).

With this new arrangement, I can't even check the numerical difference in volume between Normal and Loud---all I can do is set the volume for my Normal setting and hope that what my Tour's OS considers to be Loud is what I consider to be loud. I don't consider that a good system

I'm still running the original Tour OS and I truly hope that the ring/alert options go back to the "old way." Sometimes new isn't better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    As mentioned earlier, 5.0 allows this all

10-07-09 10:04 PM
    As mentioned earlier, 5.0 allows this all

I know, I read the earlier posts and I appreciate your confirmation regarding that information about 5.0 (truly, I'm not being sarcastic).

Unfortunately, until 5.0 is "official" and I see how it works for myself, I just can't get too hopeful. Been there, done that, been burned...
    10-07-09 10:12 PM
    OK, I understand that there is no more advanced options for sound profile editing on the Tour. Does anyone know why those idiots took away a good feature???????

This is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. Does anyone know if they intend to put it back and is there a groundswell of fury about it or am I the only one that cares....

Ok, so I have the same problem, but apparently it's fixed with devises with the 5.0.x.x.x. software. However what about ours that don't? I have searched for an O.S. upgrade but cant find one...

???
    10-28-09 05:52 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD