Maybe because they don't want you to lay phone face down because of the track ball but . . .

I sometimes place it face down to protect it from scratches or water, but you would think they would have placed an indicator light on the back or the side too.
    If phone is in that position and you missed the one time beep (my Treo would keep beeping to remind you of a message until you responded, was a nice feature) but Tour's design has no way of seeing the red flashing indicator when placed face down.

Same thing if it's placed in their OEM case (the one with the clip on the back). Case has a channel to protect the trackball but the case's strap covers the indicator. Should have an indicator on a corner of the Tour IMO.
    12-26-09 12:05 PM
    You can see the light from the top edge of the phone (next to standby button), even when it is face down.
    12-26-09 05:11 PM
    Why doesn't my Tour come get me when somebody calls and I'm away from my desk?
    12-26-09 06:30 PM
    [QUOTE=schnable;4381131]You can see the light from the top edge of the phone (next to standby button), even when it is face down.[/QUOTE

Thx. I don't see it on mine face down at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-09 07:01 PM
    Settle down folks!
    12-26-09 07:53 PM
    (my Treo would keep beeping to remind you of a message until you responded, was a nice feature) but Tour's design has no way of seeing the red flashing indicator when placed face down.
    Download berrybuzz you can set alerts and reminders for everything.

Should have an indicator on a corner of the Tour IMO.
    It does, and I can see my light while its in the case. I think they should have made the case better so you can charge it while in the case. I am notching mine so I can charge it while in the case.
    12-26-09 07:56 PM
    You can see the light from the top edge of the phone (next to standby button), even when it is face down.
    Thx. I don't see it on mine face down at all.
    Wow, you're right, it cannot be seen from the top. No idea why I thought you could. That would be a nice feature.
    12-28-09 11:01 AM
    Why doesn't my Tour come get me when somebody calls and I'm away from my desk?
    lol! That's a good one.
    12-28-09 11:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD