I have a Tour running .61 and have noticed that my received e-mails dissapear after they have been read. I checked my settings etc. and cant seem to figure out why they do not stay until I delete them. All sent messages remain until I delete them; anyone have any ideas or input?
    12-02-09 11:16 AM
    Is this an isolated problem? I am surprised no one has any insight. My wife experiences the same on her Tour; anyone else with this issue? Anyone know how to keep the emails until I delete them?
    12-02-09 07:20 PM
    Did you file those messages and have "hide filed message' set to Yes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-09 07:39 PM
    No, that was the first thing I checked. They are in my inbox but once I read them if I return to the inbox later it is only sent messages. No received "undeleted" messages. This is very frustrating as I often need to reference or forward a message that was sent to me previously and they are always GONE. ???
    12-03-09 11:41 AM
    Let debug on the your email account side. What do you use for email and how is it setup? Has your email ever worked correctly to you liking before?
    12-03-09 11:45 AM
    It has worked in hte past; I dont know how long this has been happening, I just noticed it recently. Maybe when I upgraded to .61. I Get my Charter.net mail and my work e-mail on my device and both accounts do the same thing. This is really annoying though. I had it happen again today and had to have someone forward the e-mail from my desk just so I could access it again.
    12-03-09 06:33 PM
    Were these "deleted" emails also deleted from your actual email server.

Do you have the "delete" sync on for both email accounts?

If you have your deleted sync on, then they would be deleted from your email servers, normally. If they are not deleted, that means the BB copies are not "deleted", just disappeared.
    12-03-09 06:40 PM
    I had not deleted them on the server just read them on my phone. Once a read them they dissapear after a short while. If I were to go into my phone and open an email acct I would see all sent messages there are no received. I need this to stop happening.
    12-07-09 12:25 PM
    What email do you use? How is your email setup on your PC?
    12-07-09 03:01 PM
    Both accounts are pop3 accounts that I receive via microsoft outlook. It is set to send receive every 15 mins.

12-07-09 06:27 PM
    I am sorry you need to provide more detailed information so as a group we can debug your problems.

What email services do you use?

You have the accounts setup in Outlook via POP3. Is Outlook running 24/7. Do you have it setup to delete from server once pulled into Outlook.

How do you confirm your accounts on BB are setup via POP3 and not IMAP.
    12-07-09 06:47 PM
    I have two accounts that I access:

[email protected] - POP3 accessed @ home via Outlook express (does not auto send receive) this is not constantly on.

[email protected] - POP3 accessed @ work via Outlook (auto send and receive every 15 minutes) this account is on most of the time and both are set to delete from the server.

I have never missed an email on the BB, I always receive them and have the opportunity to read them then they vanish.

12-08-09 07:43 AM
    You didn't answer whether your email setup on your BB is POP3 or IMAP.

This could be the problem if your email on the BB is IMAP. If that the case, when your PC retrieves the emails, it delete the emails off your ISP email servers. In turn, your BB phone syncs back to the server and then deleted the emails off the phone accordinly.

You need to find out.
    12-08-09 09:30 AM
    I am not sure how to find that out but I turned off Reconcile and it seems to have fixed the problem so I imagine that Outlook was doing something funky.
    12-10-09 12:48 PM
    I am not sure how to find that out but I turned off Reconcile and it seems to have fixed the problem so I imagine that Outlook was doing something funky.
    You just ID the issue. This really is NOT a problem, it's just a setting issue.

BB is using IMAP, which is fine and correct.

What you need to do is to change your Outlook account setting from POP3 to IMAP. This involves delete your email account off Outlook and recreating is again using IMAP. You will need to contact/find the IMAP setting from your ISP.

For general info on IMAP vs. POP3, read the article below, even if you don't use Google.

Getting started with IMAP for Gmail - Gmail Help

P.S. Once you get IMAP setup for your Outlook or any other computers you use to access email, you should turn the Reconcile back on. This will keep all your emails in sync.
    Last edited by leskchan; 12-10-09 at 01:02 PM.
    12-10-09 12:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD