I heard there was one, but no one is talking about it. Why?
    07-08-09 08:04 PM
    Not MANY people actually use Alltel.
    Compared to Verizon and Sprint anyways.
    07-08-09 08:08 PM
    Because they only have 2 customers left and both of them are perfectly happy with their Razrs.
    07-08-09 08:09 PM
    Because they only have 2 customers left and both of them are perfectly happy with their Razrs.
    Very clever.

As an Alltel customer I am glad that the OP brought this up, I've been anxiously waiting ANY news, but this has been flooded by Sprint and VZW. To date Alltel has fit my wife and my needs and we'd hate to leave them, but we both want the Tour upgrade sometime this year. Any news would be great, as I am willing to wait in order to not have to leave Alltel, the not knowing blows.
    07-08-09 08:47 PM
    Very clever.

As an Alltel customer I am glad that the OP brought this up, I've been anxiously waiting ANY news, but this has been flooded by Sprint and VZW. To date Alltel has fit my wife and my needs and we'd hate to leave them, but we both want the Tour upgrade sometime this year. Any news would be great, as I am willing to wait in order to not have to leave Alltel, the not knowing blows.
    It doesnt matter. Verizon owns alltel now and soon it wont probably wont even exhist. It will all be one big Verizon company.
    07-08-09 09:07 PM
    Alltel sucks rocks, horrible plans
    07-08-09 09:22 PM
    But wait, you can call any of your 10 closest friends on any network for free! Oh wait, you can do that with any carrier now. Nevermind.
    07-08-09 09:41 PM
    It doesnt matter. Verizon owns alltel now and soon it wont probably wont even exhist. It will all be one big Verizon company.

this is incorrect..

they had to devest some of it and in some places alltell isn't even done with..

alltell will still have a company in some places..
    07-08-09 09:59 PM
    Alltel will officially convert to Verizon in my area on July 11th. So as of July 11th I will be a Verizon customer...just in time for the Tour.
    07-08-09 10:28 PM
    Here in South Dakota there is only Alltel and Verizon (in my area of the state) and so they wouldn't let VZW take over Alltel because it would be a monopoly and everyone would be forced into VZW (even though no one is Alltel). So, there you go.
    07-08-09 10:32 PM
    this is incorrect..

they had to devest some of it and in some places alltell isn't even done with..

alltell will still have a company in some places..
    I think that those assets were entirely divested to AT&T. It was principally rural locations in which VZW and Alltel were the only players. At least, that was the plan. In which case, you will be switching over to AT&T and GSM handsets. The Alltel name is likely to be phased out over the next 18-24 months, I would think...
    07-08-09 10:33 PM
    Yeah i dunno there really hasn't been any info on release or anything.
    07-08-09 10:33 PM
    Alltel will officially convert to Verizon in my area on July 11th. So as of July 11th I will be a Verizon customer...just in time for the Tour.
    Same here. They're doing a Grand Opening Saturday and will be officially opened for business on Sunday. I'm still torn if i'm gonna upgrade to the Storm or the Tour. I'm really torn.
    07-08-09 11:27 PM
    Here in South Dakota there is only Alltel and Verizon (in my area of the state) and so they wouldn't let VZW take over Alltel because it would be a monopoly and everyone would be forced into VZW (even though no one is Alltel). So, there you go.

wouldnt that not make sense seeing how they are really monopolizing south dakotas wireless communication market share in a worse way by generating revenue under two different names that to the ill informed seem like two different competing businesses?
    07-08-09 11:46 PM
    wouldnt that not make sense seeing how they are really monopolizing south dakotas wireless communication market share in a worse way by generating revenue under two different names that to the ill informed seem like two different competing businesses?
    Dude I don't know I've been Verizon forever but I think you could be right.
    07-08-09 11:55 PM
    Not really, they are actually very competitive in their pricing. The consumers lost when VZ bought them.

They also scored quite high in network quality and customer service.
    07-09-09 12:09 AM
    hahaah alright bro i think i used to many big word also
    07-09-09 12:11 AM

This would explain why the Alltel website will be off line for the 10th and back on the 11th.
    07-09-09 12:24 AM
    Not really, they are actually very competitive in their pricing. The consumers lost when VZ bought them.

They also scored quite high in network quality and customer service.
    I would agree , I really hate to lose Alltel. VZ will cost me more .
    07-09-09 12:26 AM
    That's probably part of Alltel that Verizon is being forced to give up. I think AT&T is buying up what Verizon can't keep.

BGR - Verizon sells to AT&T

BGR - Verizon sells to Atlantic Tele-Network, Inc.
    Last edited by doomedromance; 07-09-09 at 04:03 AM. Reason: added BGR links.
    07-09-09 03:59 AM
    Just got back from my local Alltel store.
    They will NOT be getting the Tour as they will become VZ this was to take place in July but they learned it has been pushed back to late Oct in my area.

I am on the edge of the buy out and 15 miles away is a ALLTEL store that will stay ALLTEL I called them and they told me they received 6 Tours on Monday for a 2 week trail ( Beta ) and he thought they would be out in 6 weeks.
    Anyone else hear this ?
    07-09-09 04:01 PM
    Just got back from my local Alltel store.
    They will NOT be getting the Tour as they will become VZ this was to take place in July but they learned it has been pushed back to late Oct in my area.

I am on the edge of the buy out and 15 miles away is a ALLTEL store that will stay ALLTEL I called them and they told me they received 6 Tours on Monday for a 2 week trail ( Beta ) and he thought they would be out in 6 weeks.
    Anyone else hear this ?
    No I haven't heard this. I've heard July 11th in my area. I received a letter from Verizon stating this.
    07-09-09 04:48 PM
    No I haven't heard this. I've heard July 11th in my area. I received a letter from Verizon stating this.

Yes no problem getting one from Verizon starting on the 12th
    I am still with Alltel. I would have to end my current contract and pay all the fees for ending early or I can wait until Oct when its complete in my area.
    Unless I go to the area that is going to stay Alltel and buy one there.
    07-09-09 04:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD