I have noticed that during the past two days if I was on UberTwitter, the Internet or writting a text message that little sqaure box and arrow would come on for a few seconds and I needed to wait for it to go away until I could resume what I was doing. So what could be the reason for this?
    Last edited by Cujo31; 03-04-10 at 09:19 PM.
    03-04-10 09:15 PM
    If you are running the original OS 4.7.1.40, that's a lag that can be cured by upgrading to OS 4.7.1.61. If you are already running 4.7.1.61, or one of the 5.0 versions, it's still a lag, but I don't know a solution.
    03-04-10 09:21 PM
    Yes I am running on the original OS 4.7.1.40, although until now I never had any minor or major problems with it.
    03-04-10 09:24 PM
    4.7.1.61 solved almost all the problems I was having with my Tour. It doesn't solve the big fonts issue. But it completely fix the lag problem for me. That's one option. I haven't tried any hybrids or 5.0 versions. I don't know what version has been released officially by Bell. Here's the link to RIM: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    03-04-10 09:29 PM
    Thank you for the link.
    03-04-10 09:35 PM
    That means data is being transferred to/from the device. It's just lag, it happens.
    03-05-10 12:07 PM
    That means data is being transferred to/from the device. It's just lag, it happens.
    I guess that could be it, although earlier today I just deleted two apps I downloaded and since then I haven't had this problem.
    03-05-10 02:15 PM
    +1

It's just network traffic taking a bit longer than normal, you're gonig to see that sometimes regardless if you're at home or in the office. Much like computers, sometimes I can get google to load in .02 seconds, other times it takes it 1.3 seconds, just depends on the route of travel it's taking.

In the same sense, your phone will do that from time to time, shift your signal from tower A to tower B without letting you know the reason, nothing more than signal cross-leveling is all, nothing to worry about.

@JeffH

I recommend giving at least the Official Alltel .419 a go since you're on vzw if nothing else. At least their radio has shown more signal compatibility/stability with Vzw than that of MTS, Telus or Sprint's most recent .484.
    03-05-10 02:56 PM
    I guess that could be it, although earlier today I just deleted two apps I downloaded and since then I haven't had this problem.
    Which two were they, please?

I'm thinking one alternative with Ubertwitter is to set the Timeline Refresh Dely to Never and uncheck auto refresh on Open.

That may stop some of the lag...
    03-05-10 03:26 PM
    Which two were they, please?

I'm thinking one alternative with Ubertwitter is to set the Timeline Refresh Dely to Never and uncheck auto refresh on Open.

That may stop some of the lag...
    I deleted my Air Canada and Ebay apps.
    03-05-10 03:35 PM
    4.7.1.61 solved almost all the problems I was having with my Tour. It doesn't solve the big fonts issue. But it completely fix the lag problem for me. That's one option. I haven't tried any hybrids or 5.0 versions. I don't know what version has been released officially by Bell. Here's the link to RIM: BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites
    When I go to that RIM site, for my carrier, the OS is still 4.7.1.53. Is the .61 version something not all carriers are supporting? I know we are waiting for 5.0 at this point, but I wonder if .61 would fix the Profiles issues?
    03-05-10 08:55 PM
    Your carrier may not have released .61. You can still use it if you wish. I'm not aware of an issue with Profiles, so I don't know if .61 will fix your issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-10 09:09 PM
    It's puzzling that not everyone has seen the Profiles issue. If you are on OS 4.7, and you try to make a Normal Profile for phone, PIN, SMS to vibrate, and EMail to silent, then if you move to Silent and try to make ALL silent alerts, Normal also becomes silent, or Emails start vibrating when you wanted them silent. This is just one example but I've duplicated it with tech staff on 2 phones, and seen it myself on an additional 3. I think many folks don't mess that much with Profiles to be bothered perhaps. The other possibility is that the .61 OS fixed it, but those of us with .53 still have it. However RIM or the carriers don't seem to want to address it. It does seem that OS 5.0 fixes it.
    03-05-10 09:20 PM
    Honestly flash another OS that's stable. I've been tempted to run the Sprint's 5.0.484 but I'll wait another week or two for Verizons as 4.7.61 is fine.
    03-06-10 02:14 AM
    Why wait?

Honestly it's so much better than 4.7 IMO, you won't go back!!

03-06-10 12:06 PM
    my problem is simular but when i go to use my bb i have a black screen with two arrows one poiting up and the bother pointing down how do i fix im running sprint new 5.0.0.484 i think
    03-06-10 02:24 PM
    I'm running Berry Joose with 5.0.484 on Sprint with very little lag. Maybe that is a solution.

03-06-10 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD