Just a general wondering, really.

Why do all carriers seem to always brand their phones on the outside? Takes away from the originally intended look/design, in my opinion. I hate having phones plastered with carrier logos, etc.

To be honest, the only reason I got my Tour with Bell instead of Telus is because Bell's is not branded and just looks generic - which I like. Is there anybody else out there who would choose a particular carrier because their device (identical) is not plastered with logos?
    07-19-09 05:38 PM
    Just a general wondering, really.

Why do all carriers seem to always brand their phones on the outside? Takes away from the originally intended look/design, in my opinion. I hate having phones plastered with carrier logos, etc.

To be honest, the only reason I got my Tour with Bell instead of Telus is because Bell's is not branded and just looks generic - which I like. Is there anybody else out there who would choose a particular carrier because their device (identical) is not plastered with logos?

I can't say that I really care...

however I heard that bell does not support MMS picture messages... on blackberry's

so branding or not I would not like to be limited like that

I guess the carrier logo doesn't bother me one bit as I don't show my phone off to people anyway..
    07-19-09 05:43 PM
    I don't mind the verizon logo, and if I REALLY wanted to get rid of it I'd just buy a blank bottom plate and be done with it, lol.
    07-19-09 05:49 PM
    I can't say that I really care...

however I heard that bell does not support MMS picture messages... on blackberry's

so branding or not I would not like to be limited like that

I guess the carrier logo doesn't bother me one bit as I don't show my phone off to people anyway..
    I can MMS fine on the pearl flip i had on the Curve 8330 I had and now on the Storm I have, so yes you can MMS with bell, its telus that does not alow BB to MMS
    07-19-09 06:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD