I plan on selling my Tour when the 2 comes out in a few months. I don't care about the wifi because Verizon's 3g service is awesome anyway and less of a hassle than signing on wifi. But have you guys seen how much more ram it has and memory? Worth it alone. Plus the track pad. Thank god the track ball is gone!

Thought about getting the new curve but it doesn't look as good as my current tour. And the screen isn't as high of a resolution and I like a HR screen. That's one of my favorite things about my tour.

Also a side note, I saw some people a few months ago here asking if BlackBerry desktop software and everything would run well on Windows 7. I'm now running Windows 7. Installed it the other day and the BlackBerry is running excellent with it. Windows 7 is the best thing to happen to me since the tour! lol
    11-15-09 04:23 PM
    I don't plan on getting the Tour 2, only because I just got my Tour in the middle of October. I haven't had any of the issues that I've read about here - trackball, screen ripple, loose battery door etc. I don't need wifi and since my trackball works fine I don't see the reason to pay to upgrade to the Tour 2.

By the time I'm ready for a new BB I'm sure the Tour 4 will be out.
    11-15-09 04:31 PM
    Not me..
    Just got my tour

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-09 04:33 PM
    no thanks, unless i get it for under $200 NIB w/o re-newing my contract...
    11-15-09 04:37 PM
    i plan on keeping my Tour for the two years then getting the Tour 2 when it's free.

i have no issues that would make me return or upgrade my Tour. Have plenty of apps loaded with lots of memory left. Trackball works great.

By then, the bugs will be worked from the Tour 2 and it will be inexpensive. That's my plan.

11-15-09 04:40 PM
    Im actually debating this since Bell offers both the Bold 9700 and will offer the Tour2. I like the Tour2 better than the 9700 but im also very interested in Bell's new hspa network which i can only get with the 9700. Decisions....decisions....

11-15-09 05:02 PM
    No way. Verizon and RIM have already screwed me with three defective units. Definitely not spending another dime any time soon.
    11-15-09 05:14 PM
    Nope, gonna keep my tour. Build date of 7/15 and works perfectly for me.

11-15-09 09:25 PM
    Ill just stick with my tour since theres really only 3 differences between them. The wifi is nice to have, but dont need it since I get coverage everywhere Im at. The trackpad looks alot easier to use though.
    11-15-09 10:42 PM
    I'm planning on getting the Tour 2 cause of the new hardware and wifi! And the Trackpad is gonna be sick!

11-15-09 11:18 PM
    I'll be selling my Tour and using that cash towards a Tour 2

I will however wait to see a few weeks if there any hardware issues. My Tour is rock solid right now and don't wanna give that up so quickly.

Had the 8520 Curve with trackpad, and that alone is worth it IMO

Wifi is a nice touch but my 3G data has been fantastic w/ Sprint

I bet this is when Sprint/Verizon will introduce an official 5.0
    11-15-09 11:37 PM
    I'll be selling my Tour and using that cash towards a Tour 2

I will however wait to see a few weeks if there any hardware issues. My Tour is rock solid right now and don't wanna give that up so quickly.

Had the 8520 Curve with trackpad, and that alone is worth it IMO

Wifi is a nice touch but my 3G data has been fantastic w/ Sprint

I bet this is when Sprint/Verizon will introduce an official 5.0
    It's pretty much the same for me; I'm still on the fence because most of the improvements are largely cosmetic but will probably get it after the early issues are worked out and pay up because of the trackpad - while my trackball works decently now it's still a PITA to maintain. Wifi would also be nice to have, especially with Sprint dragging its feet with 3G airave.
    11-16-09 06:29 AM
    I will sell my Tour and try to buy a tour 2 for an incremenal difference in cash on ebay or the marketplace. I blacked out my Tour so hopefully I can get a decent amount for it.
    11-16-09 08:36 AM
    I would LOVE to get the Tour 2 when it comes out but since I just got my Tour in August I'll wait it out. I'm the type that feels the need to buy new devices when they come out at full price so I figured if I wait until I'm up for an upgrade I'll get it then.
    11-16-09 09:38 AM
    I will wait
    11-16-09 10:27 AM
    I must admit having a trackpad and WiFi are attractive. I'm hoping VZW will let me in on their VIP plan so I don't have to wait the full two years to upgrade. But just in case they don't, I'll probably stick with my Tour for the duration. It's been a nice machine for me so far.
    11-16-09 11:21 AM
    Anyone not excited about the trackpad? I'm going to miss the trackball. Sure it had problems, but I still love it.

11-16-09 12:03 PM
    i will be ordering it day one and keep tour as backup.

i ordered my tour midnight of telesales release date back in july so it will be time for a new device by the time essex comes out. Plus sprint is slacking on getting 3g coverage out where it's needed, so wifi is a definite upgrade.
    11-16-09 12:14 PM
    I'll be keeping my Tour for a couple years and upgrading to whatever is avalable then, which will be something much better than the Tour 2...
    11-16-09 12:36 PM
    I would like to get the tour2...the trackpad,wi-fi, RAM and memory would b cool...but since I never had a problem with my tour....there's no reason to upgrade to tour2.....I say that now..we'll see when da T2 drops...lol

11-16-09 12:53 PM
    I will absolutely be getting the 9650.
    11-16-09 01:02 PM
    I'll probably wait till all the bugs are ironed out. Then see if its worth upgrading. I'm pretty happy with my tour now =)

11-16-09 01:04 PM
    i plan on keeping my Tour for the two years then getting the Tour 2 when it's free.

i have no issues that would make me return or upgrade my Tour. Have plenty of apps loaded with lots of memory left. Trackball works great.

By then, the bugs will be worked from the Tour 2 and it will be inexpensive. That's my plan.

Phones don't stay on shelves that long.

11-16-09 01:21 PM
    To be honest, I'm usually the first to jump in on new technology and get the "latest and best" but RIM has disappointed me - Storm 1 which was he.ll for all that time I owned it and then my Tour, with the faulty trackballs and creaks and batterydoors and ripples...I went through 12 combined replacements in the last year.

With that said, a lot can happen in a year. Android is coming in strong, iPhone may be available on VZW. BB hardware and software isn't where it could and should be.

By August/Sptember of next year I'll be due for an upgrade. I would much rather use my upgrade on a phone that'll be 1ghz with a super snappy MODERN OS and much more connectivity within applications and "life". A trackpad ansd wifi isn't enough when: I have no use for wifi and my trackball works fine and OS 5 has been good to me. I can live with this for another year, but my next phone will have to WOW me. Until RIM gets their act together, it's up in the air.

But no for the Tour 2 even though I love my Tour 1.

11-16-09 01:21 PM
    ...But have you guys seen how much more ram it has and memory? Worth it alone.
    Doesn't it come with the same amount of RAM as the Tour (256MB)?

I have heard that it'll take a 32GB SD card card though.
    11-16-09 01:22 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD