i am thinking of doing this...any word on full retail for Niagara yet?

i am so mad i used my upgrade to get the Storm. I have gotten used to it but i just miss a keyboard. Does anyone think if i cry to Verizon enough (and since I have been a customer for about 10 years) they will give me the upgrade price as long as I extend my contract??
    04-02-09 11:30 PM
    Its not like you were duped. You knew the storm was going to be touchscreen all along so why should vzw give you the discount? Crying to them may help but its kind of unfair. I'm sticking with my storm. I was agravated at first but now I'm good. I think most people just want the latest blackberry. If I were to get a new phone it would be a pre or htc magic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 11:43 PM
    **** no! what the **** do i need a keyboard for!
    04-02-09 11:45 PM
    If they did I would be shocked!!! If they did it for you they should do for everyone
    That's not satisfied. And we all know that's not going to happen.

04-03-09 03:45 AM
    I know I'll be selling something for this phone, I love it.
    04-03-09 04:04 AM
    i am thinking of doing this...any word on full retail for Niagara yet?

i am so mad i used my upgrade to get the Storm. I have gotten used to it but i just miss a keyboard. Does anyone think if i cry to Verizon enough (and since I have been a customer for about 10 years) they will give me the upgrade price as long as I extend my contract??
    I'll be doing the same thing. I've been a long time customer, and used my upgrade on a Storm last year. I've never warmed up to the touchscreen (hoped I would). So, I'm looking at trying to find the cheapest route to get the Niagara and departing from my Storm. If they give you anything other than retail, let me know what you did!
    04-03-09 08:31 AM
    I had made up my mind to sell the Storm if the Niagara got great reviews, but now I've flip flopped.

I'm sure the Niagara is going to be a nice device, but it will not be a game changer. I want a significant upgrade in performance and features before I spend any more money with RIM. My next phone will be another Blackberry, but I am waiting for a more significant upgrade in processing power, and software. I don't see anything in the pipeline that fits that criteria yet.
    04-03-09 08:49 AM
    I was hyped about the storm and waited MONTHS for it. Now after several months I don't want it, it's just not for me personally. I have started using my pearl again and am waiting on this new phone to hit. Am I selling my storm? well I listed it to sell then had people offering 250-300 bucks and I thought nahhh that's ok I will keep it as an extra I don't NEED the money so why give the phone away that I paid 500 bucks for? so I'm keeping it and my pearl.
    04-03-09 10:24 AM
    ..Wait, you mean none of you have already sold your storm for a 9630?
    04-03-09 10:25 AM
    If you do decided to sell the Storm and get this new toy, how do you change your "new in 2 years" contract? Can you pay a fee to shorten it to 1 year?
    04-03-09 11:06 AM
    I don't see Verizon coming down on the price for people who used their upgrade on a Storm. Especially those who bought it when it came out since they extended the return date past the 30 days. Your best bet if you are going to sell it is do it before the 9630 comes out. Everyone who switches from the 9530 to 9630 is going to try and sell their Storm as soon as they switch so I'm sure that is going to drive the price down a lot for a used Storm.
    04-03-09 12:51 PM
    If you do decided to sell the Storm and get this new toy, how do you change your "new in 2 years" contract? Can you pay a fee to shorten it to 1 year?
    I got the Storm on Day 1 ... I will be able to get the 9630 in November at new customer price (no NE2 though) ... I will have to commit to a new 2 year contract the day I get the 9630.

Per Verizon: Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

So...... that being said. I can pay full retail the day it comes out and come November get another 9630 at new customer price and then turn around and sell that phone somewhere close to full retail and recoup some of the cost of getting the first 9630 at full retail.

OR

Just wait until November
    04-03-09 01:09 PM
    I got the Storm on Day 1 ... I will be able to get the 9630 in November at new customer price (no NE2 though) ... I will have to commit to a new 2 year contract the day I get the 9630.

Per Verizon: Annual Upgrade available for My Verizon customers
    You can get a new phone every year with Annual Upgrade. Sign up for a 2-year agreement on a calling plan of at least $49.99 and you can purchase a new phone at its promotional price through My Verizon every year with a 2-year renewal (upgrade fee may apply).

So...... that being said. I can pay full retail the day it comes out and come November get another 9630 at new customer price and then turn around and sell that phone somewhere close to full retail and recoup some of the cost of getting the first 9630 at full retail.

OR

Just wait until November

Funny how I was just looking at this as well.
    04-03-09 01:36 PM
    I do have one word of advice for people _thinking_ about selling their Storm. You better decide fast because the flood of Storms on the market when this phone is announced will probobly be pretty high. It will drive the price and demand down.....

Early bird and worm : )
    04-03-09 02:03 PM
    i just may... but i've been using a touch screen phone forever now. so we'll see
    04-03-09 03:22 PM
    If I wait till the release of the Niagara and ***** about dust under my screen do you think they'll give me the niagara?

Just wondering. Haha

Last edited by CameronStorm; 04-05-09 at 08:48 AM.
    04-04-09 06:37 PM
    If I had a Storm I would just keep it and buy a Niagara to go along with it. Swap back and forth..

04-04-09 06:46 PM
    It will be worth paying retail for this phone to me...
    04-04-09 09:10 PM
    I like my Storm but the time lag and slowness have gotten to me. Hitting buttons two or three times to take...I still like it but I think I will try the Niagara if and when it comes out.
    04-05-09 11:45 AM
    Not me. I would not want to give up the larger screen and the ability to change back and forth from SureType in portrait to full qwerty in landscape. Touchscreens and physical keyboards each have advantages however even with some quirks in the Storm touchscreen I really would choose it if I had to use only one device.

I may well replace my Pearl on my second line with the 9630 since I am out of contract on that phone. I have been holding out on replacing it with a Curve for this reason. That phone would be used almost exclusively for business e-mail on BES.
    04-05-09 06:02 PM
    Anyone know if US Cellular will be supporting the Niagra?
    04-06-09 08:10 PM
    I would pay retail for this phone, although it will probably be at least $500. I would give up the large screen for the physical qwerty and hopefully less issues
    04-06-09 09:45 PM
    Storm? no ... Organ? yes...
    04-07-09 08:17 PM
    I wish I hadn't dropped my storm 6 weeks ago and put a nice big crack in the screen. (oh, and make sure you ALWAYS buy insurance.. Unlike me)

At least it still works. As crappy as it is.

I'll but buying it. Even if its full price.
    04-14-09 12:16 PM
    I would put the full retail of the Niagra @ about $599.00! (Minimum that is)
    04-14-09 01:00 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD