A lot of us can't wait to buy the Tour. There's been a lot of discussion over whether people will buy the Tour or the Storm 2. Yet, I know that some Tour buyers are thinking in the back of their minds that after they buy the Tour, they will try to buy a lower priced Storm 2 to pair with the Tour. I'd like to know who you are and why you will buy both devices.

Also, those of you who like Ipod touches for the wi-fi and games, do you believe the Storm 2 (assuming it has wi-fi) and the BB apps becoming available in the future will make the Storm 2 comparable enough to the Ipod touch to make having Storm 2's phone capability worth buying over the Ipod touch if the price is right?
    06-22-09 10:46 AM
    I plan to get both.

The Tour comes out next month and no one is sure when the Storm 2 will be available and i am not going to wait around. Honestly, i think having both will be nice so that I can switch between touch/non-touch from time to time.

If the screen on the new Storm is like most other touch screens, and the OS has been refined, plus WiFi there is no reason why it shouldn't be a major success commercially and critically. I'm pretty excited for it personally.
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    I love my Storm, but I think I'm done with the whole touch only input devices. I will get the Tour then if a device with touch/buttons comes out I will upgrade to that.....just not a Storm.
    06-22-09 10:54 AM
    I can't see a reason for buying the two and "pair" them together. Storm 2 will probably have the same guts the Tour does (processor, radio, etc). The CDMA side isn't like GSM where you can pop a SIM from phone to phone for a quick switch (we could if we were in China cause they use C-SIMs there, but that's a whole other load of BS we can thank Verizon and Sprint for falling behind on). If we did have C-SIMs here then I could see some people owning a work phone for daily business, and switching over to something else for evening/weekend use, but even that is stretching it. I would think a Tour/Touch would be a better pairing if you want to carry two devices, or Storm2 alone if you are wanting to go that route.

I am going to be evaluating a Touch starting in a month or so when it comes in for work to see about managing some of the OS X infrastructure at work remotely. Will probably pair it to the Tour I plan to get to use for Internet when WiFi isn't available. The BBM is a critical app we use at work now for international communications, so the Blackberry is going to stay.
    06-22-09 11:02 AM
    Since I'm with T-Mo, the only thing I'm looking forward to is the Driftwood (at least that's what they call it at the moment). It's supposed to be a bettr, more sexier version of the 8900. I can deal with that.
    06-22-09 11:03 AM
    I'm not going to buy the Storm 2. I'll perhaps go into a store to play with it but I think I'll wait for the Storm 3 or 4, perhaps by then RIM's touchscreen phones will be better.
    06-22-09 12:00 PM
    I will probably be getting the storm 2 because of the larger screen
    06-22-09 12:05 PM
    I'll most likely get both. I'm such a sucker for new tech.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:07 PM
    I'd consider the storm 2 if it were coming out sooner, just because of the larger screen.

I wouldn't use both a storm and a tour, though. I like having my phone as my communications device, not as a media/entertainment device. I have a 32gb ipod touch that I use for music and applications, and web browsing while laying in bed. For me, the tour and ipod touch are a good combo. I prefer the ipod touch/iphone over the storm.
    06-22-09 12:12 PM
    I'm a Sprint user and I will get the Tour when it drops but I will keep my trusty curve as a backup.
    06-22-09 12:12 PM
    Will have to wait to see what the Storm 2 looks like and how the screen acts.
    06-22-09 12:14 PM
    Dumb question from a relatively unsophisticated Verizon Wireless customer -- how does one go about using two devices on the same line? Or do you need to have separate lines for each device? Thanks.
    06-22-09 12:18 PM
    Dumb question from a relatively unsophisticated Verizon Wireless customer -- how does one go about using two devices on the same line? Or do you need to have separate lines for each device? Thanks.
    You can simply log onto your MyVerizon account and click on "activate my phone". I believe there's another way by dialing "*_ _ _" (I forgot the 3 digit number). You can switch between devices as much as you like.
    06-22-09 12:25 PM
    I can't see a reason for buying the two and "pair" them together. Storm 2 will probably have the same guts the Tour does (processor, radio, etc). The CDMA side isn't like GSM where you can pop a SIM from phone to phone for a quick switch (we could if we were in China cause they use C-SIMs there, but that's a whole other load of BS we can thank Verizon and Sprint for falling behind on). If we did have C-SIMs here then I could see some people owning a work phone for daily business, and switching over to something else for evening/weekend use, but even that is stretching it. I would think a Tour/Touch would be a better pairing if you want to carry two devices, or Storm2 alone if you are wanting to go that route.

I am going to be evaluating a Touch starting in a month or so when it comes in for work to see about managing some of the OS X infrastructure at work remotely. Will probably pair it to the Tour I plan to get to use for Internet when WiFi isn't available. The BBM is a critical app we use at work now for international communications, so the Blackberry is going to stay.
    I agree with you. I don't see the point. Its basically going to be the same phone. Plus there is not a sim card for the phones. Just sounds like way too much work for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-09 12:42 PM
    There seems to be 2 distinct camps of people who want to carry only 1 device or who are fine with carrying 2 devices.

I suppose that a lot of my post is aimed at people who lean towards buying an Ipod touch to pair with BBs that don't have Wi-fi. Some of these same users like the games and multimedia features of the Ipod touch. One question is whether the Storm 2 (if it has Wi-fi) and its apps will be close enough to the Ipod touch for your purposes that instead of buying an Ipod touch, you buy a Storm 2 instead?

In this scenario, the Storm 2 would give you Wi-fi and presumably improved apps and games that, while not as numerous as the Ipod touch, would be accompanied by phone usage that adds practicality the Ipod touch does not.
    Last edited by generic username; 06-22-09 at 12:56 PM.
    06-22-09 12:54 PM
    I have a BB 8900 and an iPod Touch. Good combo, but the 8900 is what I use almost all the time. I got the Touch for movies and flick your finger/tilt the device games, but the thrill wore off after a couple of months. How many times can you play paper toss anyway? The Tour is basically an 8900 w/o WiFi, so it's gonna be a nice phone. The Storm2 had better be improved over the Storm. I tried that thing and said no way Jose. Typing was torture on that screen, even worse than the iPhone. The click thing sux.
    Last edited by thebignewt; 06-22-09 at 01:04 PM.
    06-22-09 01:01 PM
    You can simply log onto your MyVerizon account and click on "activate my phone". I believe there's another way by dialing "*_ _ _" (I forgot the 3 digit number). You can switch between devices as much as you like.
    OK thanks. I think that's *228, now that you mention it.
    06-22-09 01:11 PM
    H.E.L.L. no. I will grab Tour when it comes out, go back to Bold on Rogers, and be done with touchscreen devices FOREVER. Stick to what you know, and that's qwerty keyboard-ed devices. Change is BAD.
    06-22-09 01:41 PM
    A lot of us can't wait to buy the Tour. There's been a lot of discussion over whether people will buy the Tour or the Storm 2. Yet, I know that some Tour buyers are thinking in the back of their minds that after they buy the Tour, they will try to buy a lower priced Storm 2 to pair with the Tour. I'd like to know who you are and why you will buy both devices.

Also, those of you who like Ipod touches for the wi-fi and games, do you believe the Storm 2 (assuming it has wi-fi) and the BB apps becoming available in the future will make the Storm 2 comparable enough to the Ipod touch to make having Storm 2's phone capability worth buying over the Ipod touch if the price is right?

my case go's as follows..

I currently own a storm 1

so getting a tour adds to my collection a device with a keyboard for daily use..

I will switch to the storm probably on weekends...

this combo I plan on getting me through my contract...
    if by the time my contract is up the storm 2 is sweet and looking good I may consider grabbing one.. However by that time there may be some new berry besides the storm 2

I really like surepress. So its a rough call on the storm 2 for me sense it doesn't include it.
    06-22-09 02:32 PM
    Even if the Storm 2 came to Sprint I would not get it. I have played with it and the iPhone, and I just cannot do touchscreens. QWERTY forever!

I think the Tour is going to be it for me. I can't think of any other device that would come close to it.
    06-22-09 02:35 PM
    I have a question for those people who say that the Tour and the Storm 2 are going to be the same phone, have the Storm's specs been confirmed yet? Do we know the chip, processor speed, ram, or whether it will definitely have wifi or not yet?
    06-22-09 03:46 PM
    I can't be missing a blackberry in my collection so of course I am.

P.S. if you have one of the old RIM branded devices shoot me a PM
    06-22-09 04:48 PM
    I think that a Storm 2 with all the bugs worked out, a new touchscreen, WIFI AND a slide out querty would be AWESOME
    06-22-09 07:58 PM
    The CDMA side isn't like GSM where you can pop a SIM from phone to phone for a quick switch (we could if we were in China cause they use C-SIMs there, but that's a whole other load of BS we can thank Verizon and Sprint for falling behind on).
    this is a reason i'd love to go GSM

like if im camping or hiking or something id love to pop my SIM in a cheaper phone
    06-22-09 09:07 PM
    I'm just gonna stick with the tour, unless the storm 2 has wi fi, then I might consider. Also depending on the improvements that are made from the original storm
    06-22-09 09:12 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD