I haven't had any issues with .591. Working great. Upgraded through DM.
    04-05-10 04:15 PM
    I had a memory leak and bat drain really bad the first 2 days along with "spock" errors. that is all gone (I get a small memory leak every now and then but only when I got a lot of testxs and bbms coming in). My battery life has also gone up a lot from 4.7. The browser click is getting on my nerves because I use the web a lot on my phone. It takes about 2-5 clicks to reg and I am noticing on long links (links with a lot of words) or button links I have to try clicking in different spots untill I find that sweet spot were it will reg. For sites like this one zooming in isn't a big deal. But some sites are hard on the browser as it is and zooming hurts it more. Noticed too that I am getting stuck with the "zoom in" curser untill I zoom in sometime up to 3 times. Other that these I am very happy I upgraded

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 04:54 PM
    Mine had a few issues when I first DL'd 591. Had the browser click, terrible battery life for a few days, and 10mb mem leak with the stock theme. I've done a battery pull every morning since and now have decent battery life, little memory leak, and no browser click issues. Typing this on the native browser rather than Opera Mini 5 like I usually do. Browser is def faster too.

I was a bit leery of this OS the first few days, but decided to stick it out and see if it would settle. So far, so good.

04-05-10 04:56 PM
    No technical issues, but a personal preference issue. Downgraded cause the difference between the performance of 4.7 and 5.0 was nothing! My Tour was just as fast before the upgrade, didn't have memory leaks with either one, battery lasts from 6 am to 2 am like it always has, and browser click has never been a problem on either one. So, 4.7 is what I'll stick with. I like my text messages to look like text messages, not BBM messages. If I wanted them to look like BBM, I'd make everyone I text buy a Blackberry and BBM them!
    04-05-10 06:04 PM
    mine is fine after three days of strenuous use and has great battery life
    04-05-10 06:11 PM
    Other than the browser click and the slow start up of about 8 minutes at most nothing bad has happend so far that I can tell. Hope it stays like that.

04-05-10 06:41 PM
    What I've observed regarding satisfaction with .591 seems to depend upon which OS you came to .591 from. There are obviously two groups of people: official OS users and leaked OS users. My observation is that those in the former group (generalization here folks) who jumped from 4.7 to .591 are mostly happy with .591. OTOH those who used leaked versions, (.419 for several weeks, .484 for several weeks, .591 for several weeks) don't seem to be quite as enamored with .591. I'm one of those in the latter category. In my Tour, .419 has the best battery life and no browser click issues whatsoever but is not quite as snappy as .484. I occasionally noted the browser issue with .484 but found it to be consistently a lot more of a bother on .591. No memory leak with .484 for me and a small amount on .419. Memory leak was the most pronounced on .591 (again for me). I thought .591 was the fastest of all however.

So I came away with the feeling that each OS build had (potential) strengths and weaknesses and you'll have to decide which works for you. For me, the browser click issue with .591 drove me nuts (given the already sub-par 9630 trackball performance) so it was the thing that was the .591 deal breaker for me.

I think the hybrid builds of .419 are likely the way to go taking the best of each build but I haven't played with them yet.

I'm with the OP, it's curious that not every Tour experiences the same quirks with the different OS builds. I wonder if apps, themes or otherwise might play in to this?

Pick your poison I guess!
    04-05-10 06:42 PM
    I have had no issues with .591 - not even browser click. I backed up phone using BBSAK, wiped the phone using same. Then downloaded OS from Verizon, used Shrink OS to get it down to 56 MB then installed using BBSAK. Was using a .419 hybrid from driphter. No mem leak, great battery life.

kiddoc
    04-05-10 06:51 PM
    Man I wish I had no problems. Every MMS that has audio attached to it plays when I hang up or have a missed call. No matter if my phone is on vibrate or not Pull the battery it's fine till I get the next MMS with audio attached to it.
    04-05-10 07:13 PM
    .591 is working great for me. I do get the occasional browser click issue. But it's not a big deal since I also use opera mini 5 about half the time. The browser is real snappy and I haven't experienced any memory leaks and the battery is fine.

04-05-10 07:22 PM
    can i ask a silly queation?? how do you tell if there's a memory leak? are you just going into memory and checking or are you getting a notification of some sort? sorry for thw question.. i've just never paid attention to that i guess and i had alot of problems with the .591 so i went back to .419..but that i never noticed before.
    04-05-10 08:54 PM
    I did an upgrade from v4 to the current Verizon build using DM. It's been flawless for me. Other than the usual tweaking of themes and configuration, I've seen no problems at all. I don't see a memory leak (if there is one, it's relatively small).

It's really interesting to see the variety of experiences here.
    +1 on this - works flawlessly on my tour!
    04-05-10 08:54 PM
    I'm wondering if some of the issues have anything to do with the age of the hardware being upgraded. I know my tour was one of the green dot tours that I got brand new from verizon and I've tried all kinds of variations of software on it. I've upgraded the software and downgraded the software many times with no problems at all.

I dont know if the first initial release tours had a different hardware revision than the newer ones that were manufactured or not. Maybe if the users that are getting certain errors could post the age of their tour that would help some folks get to the bottom of the problems.

For example: Maybe the users that are getting the "fatal error, return to place of purchase for repair" message are the first initial hardware release versions of the tours (before the green dot models) and the hardware maybe can't "handle" a newer OS than version 4.7.

Just something I thought of tonight while reading these replies.
    04-05-10 09:01 PM
    IDK, I had a ton of problems with 5, volume problems, browser click, browser was slooooowwwwww, some apps wouldn't work correctly, etc... So, I dumped it and downgraded back to 4.7 and now have no problems at all. I did an OTA download, not sure if that had something to do with it or not, but phone works good now. Maybe I'll try it again this upcoming weekend via verizon site, we'll see.
    04-05-10 09:26 PM
    no issues yet.. but there is a lot of complaining going on...
    04-05-10 10:27 PM
    I decided to make the leap from .484 to .519 on both my phone and my wife's phone. .484 worked great and I wouldn't have changed but I wanted to try PTT. I jumped on on the "free for the rest of your contract" promo and I would have felt remiss if I didn't give it a try. My wife just rolls her eyes at me and can't understand what PTT is even good for when a phone call is just as effective. Of course we went through the same thing 2 weeks ago when I downloaded Skype into her phone and she couldn't understand what the big deal was about skype to skype calls on our phones when we already have free mobile to mobile. She's not wrong, she just doesn't nderstand my fascination with multiple form of communication.

In any case, not many problems so far. Seems BBM is a little slower, but that could be coincidence. Memory has been OK. Installed .591 at 8 this morning and almost 16 hours later, still have 2 1/2 bars - pretty typical. No technical error screens of death yet and haven't really noticed a browser click issue. so far so good. We'll see how we go.
    04-05-10 10:45 PM
    I downloaded the official .419( the best most stable OS I've tried) and I've tried them all. Between browser click or random reboots or ridiculous features not working, I've always gone back to .419. I have had zero problems with it, and literally have tried all leaks and officials. If you want 5.0 and can read and follow directions, install .419

04-05-10 10:47 PM
    No problems at all.
    04-06-10 09:04 AM
    I got a random re-boot yesterday when going to answer a call. I'll have to keep an eye on it. Hmmm....
    04-06-10 09:29 AM
    I have been running the leak since the day it was released with no problems at all great battery life with heavy email and browser using and also somewhere around 50-75 txt messages a day. I am very happy with the OS and would use it again

04-06-10 11:07 AM
    no problems at all here either.
    04-06-10 11:28 AM
    no problems at all here either.
    Ditto to that. I have been running it since it leaked with no problems at all and I use the heck out of my phone.
    04-06-10 12:02 PM
    Well I just updated, and so far so good besides the browser clicking but that's only happened once so far. Any other problems come up I'll be sure to let you guys know.

EDIT: For some reason I have 2 email icon on my home screen and 2 on my menu screen. Any one have that to? BTW this is only with the precision zen theme, the verizon theme is fine.
    Last edited by Rojo_Hunter; 04-06-10 at 12:43 PM.
    04-06-10 12:33 PM
    I updated OTA last night and mine seems fine.
    04-06-10 01:00 PM
    the only problem I'm having is not being able to use Keyboard Locker WITHOUT a password. I've gotten the browser click thing but it's not a big deal to me.

the mixed SMS/BBM thing is annoying too.

overall the powers that be, screwed the pooch on this by not properly testing it, but I'm getting used to it. The things I really dont like were features not bugs, so whatever.
    04-06-10 01:13 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD