The TOUR rocks!

You don't like it...go get yourself an IPhone and quit your crying!
    08-04-09 02:00 PM
    The Tour is by far the BEST CDMA Blackberry out to date! The Tour is a GREAT Phone!
    08-04-09 02:02 PM
    I would be much happier if Tour had threaded text messenging, compatible Google Maps app, better build and a working trackball ;(
    If Sprint comes out with a wifi version of Tour (and no other differences) I don't think I will jump on the wagon.

for starters, google maps app does work fine on my Tour. Also as far the threaded texts...if you have a message from someone and reply and vice versa, the most recent text will list below all prior messages. Pretty close.
    08-04-09 02:08 PM
    While I love the Tour, WiFi is something I have personally been waiting for. Since I'm in an area where I don't have any cell signal, WiFi would be a big help when working from my home office.

Not sure if I would jump on a new BB with lower specs than the Tour. Might wait for the tour with wifi upgrade came out.
    08-04-09 02:16 PM
    It will have wifi but it will have less features. I have the Storm which is the best BB on the market but the Tour is a really nice phone. No wifi shouldnt be a deal breaker; but you do have the right to ur own opinion.
    08-04-09 02:17 PM
    I like the tour. it works for what I need
    08-04-09 02:18 PM
    I'm not. Its great. My gripe about smartphone is that they tend to be laggy for many of their functions, BB's and Winmos. This phone isn't laggy for me for anything. If this new BB isn't spec'ed with at least 256k ram...its a downgrade. Anyone know its ram specs?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-09 02:52 PM
    According to a source I have at Verizon, wifi will be added to the current Tour 9630 by way of a Software Patch coming out in a few months.
    08-04-09 02:57 PM
    According to a source I have at Verizon, wifi will be added to the current Tour 9630 by way of a Software Patch coming out in a few months.
    I didn't think that was even possible. that would be very nice
    08-04-09 03:00 PM
    For verizon u willl still have to pay the data fee I'm sure so wifi isn't anything for me special

08-04-09 03:07 PM
    I was on the rim site and while the 85xx series will have 256 ram, there is no mention of GPS or 3G. Is it correct that it will not have either of these? Those are real deal breakers for me.

08-04-09 03:19 PM
    whats the big deal about wifi? so you can sit in starschumcks and look cool?

wifi
    08-04-09 03:23 PM
    whats the big deal about wifi? so you can sit in starschumcks and look cool?

wifi
    I used to think the same thing too, but the thing is if you don't have wifi in your home or where ever you spend long amounts of time you won't notice the benefits of wifi.
    08-04-09 03:33 PM
    I was initially mad that i got the tour bc my 8330 was working just fine bc my tour had the muffled mic and bad trackball but i swapped it out with a new one and i am very satisfied, i guess i got a good one now
    08-04-09 03:35 PM
    I used to think the same thing too, but the thing is if you don't have wifi in your home or where ever you spend long amounts of time you won't notice the benefits of wifi.
    i've had it and here's the thing... one, i just don't see the big deal & when i'm at home, i'm not using my BB for anything...i use my computer; i don't sit around and play on the web on my phone.
    08-04-09 03:41 PM
    i've had it and here's the thing... one, i just don't see the big deal & when i'm at home, i'm not using my BB for anything...i use my computer; i don't sit around and play on the web on my phone.
    You've had it and here's the thing...one, you just don't see the big deal and when you're at home, you're not using your BB for anything...you don't sit around and play on the web on your phone. Good, now we've established why Wi-Fi is not a big deal to you, and not to the huge market that wants it.
    08-04-09 03:56 PM
    like how you did that...kind of gave me wood.
    08-04-09 04:01 PM
    not mad at all. I looked at the new curve and it's still a curve. For me I need GPS more than wi-fi. Verizon navigator works so much better on the tour than on the curve. The extra memory and 3G is a plus
    Last edited by pammydd; 08-04-09 at 04:10 PM.
    08-04-09 04:05 PM
    Tour = BEAST. Best phone I ever owned can't wit till skyfire to complete the experience

08-04-09 06:04 PM
    I went to the doctor and explained to him that everytime I punched myself in the face my nose would bleed. He suggested I stop punching myself in the face.

Return the freekin phone dude!!!!!!!

08-04-09 07:41 PM
    The Tour is amazing.
    08-04-09 07:55 PM
    This is crazy if you want to return it than do that. Wifi is no deal breaker for me.

08-04-09 11:27 PM
    Ya let's remember that the fiercewireless story broke on the 9th, 3 days before the tour launched. So we had a little warning that a wifi tour would be on the way.
    I don't think the current tour has a wifi capable chip on it, but I'm no expert and would love a definitive answer on this.
    The 85xx will have EVDO, making it just as 3G as the tour.

08-05-09 12:17 AM
    Ya let's remember that the fiercewireless story broke on the 9th, 3 days before the tour launched. So we had a little warning that a wifi tour would be on the way.
    I don't think the current tour has a wifi capable chip on it, but I'm no expert and would love a definitive answer on this.
    The 85xx will have EVDO, making it just as 3G as the tour.

The 8530 may have EVDO, but will it be Rev.0 or Rev.A? It will also most likely have a slower processor, in addition to having a lower resolution screen in comparison to the Tour. I love my Tour's keyboard and wouldn't want to go back to the Curve-style keyboard or form factor.

08-05-09 12:36 AM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD