I dont know about you but after reading that their is a new blackberry coming out for Verizon that will have WiFi i get mad because i spent 200 on my Tour when I could probably just wait another 2 or 3 months and get the new blackberry. I might be able to return my Tour now or wait until the new blackberry comes out and then argue with Verixon and get it someway, but I do not want to go thru the hassle.

I am mad.

What are you gonna do about it?
    07-29-09 07:12 PM
    Pretty sure there's a 30 day return policy. If you don't like it, give it back. Done and done.
    07-29-09 07:13 PM
    The new BlackBerry will be the 8530 will significantly lower specs. Yes it does have WiFi and the trackpad, but the Tour will still be the best BlackBerry on Verizon. I would not expect a new full qwerty BB that has better specs than the Tour for at least an entire year.
    07-29-09 07:15 PM
    The new BB with wifi is going to be a low end Curve type phone. The only improvements are the trackpad and wifi, while everything else is a step backwards.
    07-29-09 07:15 PM
    So far the only official things ive read were that sprint would have a tour with wifi next year. Havent heard anything from verizon. So its not going to be a lower specd device for sprint. Just added wifi to the phone you already have.
    Is verizon really getting the 8530?
    07-29-09 07:17 PM
    The new BlackBerry will be the 8530 will significantly lower specs. Yes it does have WiFi and the trackpad, but the Tour will still be the best BlackBerry on Verizon. I would not expect a new full qwerty BB that has better specs than the Tour for at least an entire year.
    i agree 110%, even if the 8530 were out now, i still would opt for the tour..... cause just as rim stated that the 8520 series(gsm version of 8530) used left over curve parts basically and added a few features including wifi.....
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
    The new BB with wifi is going to be a low end Curve type phone. The only improvements are the trackpad and wifi, while everything else is a step backwards.
    It'll be the 8520 with a CDMA radio. I would think that would be pretty obvious based on their previous model # structuring. IE: Curve 8310 = Curve 8330 with GSM
    07-29-09 07:18 PM
    I'm only mad that I used my $100 ne2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 07:19 PM
    You need to accept that no matter what you get today, there will always be something better tomorrow.
    Enjoy the Tour..... Its a great phone.

07-29-09 07:19 PM
    So far the only official things ive read were that sprint would have a tour with wifi next year. Havent heard anything from verizon. So its not going to be a lower specd device for sprint. Just added wifi to the phone you already have.
    This might be the Atlas you are referring to. Even if Sprint gets it, there is no guarantee that Verizon will also offer it.
    07-29-09 07:21 PM
    I'm happy as can be with the Tour...
    07-29-09 07:24 PM
    It would take a lot more than a spoofy trackpad and possible wifi to make me upset with my tour. The keyboard, screen res, and overall look of the Tour is second to none.

07-29-09 07:26 PM
    I doubt there will be a better phone than the tour on VZ's network until the next version of the tour hits next year. Only thing that bugs me is that it could have had a large screen real estate but i tend to overlook it due to the displays vibrancy.
    07-29-09 07:31 PM
    I dont know about you but after reading that their is a new blackberry coming out for Verizon that will have WiFi i get mad because i spent 200 on my Tour when I could probably just wait another 2 or 3 months and get the new blackberry. I might be able to return my Tour now or wait until the new blackberry comes out and then argue with Verixon and get it someway, but I do not want to go thru the hassle.

I am mad.

What are you gonna do about it?
    Verizon will not get anymore new Blackberrys this year besides storm 2, which will have wifi. other then that, early next year is when another blackberry will come out, but no more this year besides storm 2
    07-29-09 07:33 PM
    There is always something new right around the corner. That said I will take a faster CPU, more ram, and a higher res screen over wifi any day of the week.
    07-29-09 07:33 PM
    Is verizon really getting the 8530?
    Do you have a link to this official announcement of the Tour with Wifi?
    07-29-09 07:41 PM
    I am happy as can be with the Tour. I have no need for wi-fi
    07-29-09 07:49 PM
    i love my tour...best phone i have owned..just need a today theme and im set
    07-29-09 07:51 PM
    i love my tour...best phone i have owned..just need a today theme and im set
    im the same way, even though i still have the calendar, i still need a today theme, keeps me from procrastinating LOL...
    07-29-09 08:01 PM
    Do you have a link to this official announcement of the Tour with Wifi?
    So it seems that xliderider was right in saying that they are refering to it as the Atlas, but they keep saying "Tour with wifi" so I figured that it wouldnt be anything dramatically upgraded, obviously early to tell anything for sure:

Sprint Nextel said it will release an updated version of the BlackBerry Tour next year that will include WiFi
    Sprint's BlackBerry Tour to sprout WiFi next year - FierceWireless

A Wi-Fi-enabled Verizon BlackBerry Tour code-named Atlas was rumoured awhile back, and now has received an official nod from Jeff Clemow, Sprint�s director of business product marketing
    Sprint Confirms Wi-Fi BlackBerry Tour, Required Wi-Fi from All PDAs
    07-29-09 08:03 PM
    Is the upcoming wi-fi BB going to be a global phone? If not, that would be a deal breaker for me.
    07-29-09 08:06 PM
    Well if it really is just a tour with wifi, i would assume its global. unless the atlas is a totally different device and an update to a non-global phone. another curve update or something?
    07-29-09 08:10 PM
    everyone knew about this other device with wifi months ago. It will be a lower end device that the tour. Only benefit is wifi
    07-29-09 08:16 PM
    85** series = no GPS
    At least from what I've read so far.
    07-29-09 08:17 PM
    You should totally take it back and wait for wifi You are obviously not going to be happy with your phone since one with wifi is coming, so save your discounts and your NE2 and wait.

Wifi is a non-issue for me so Im not mad about it.
    07-29-09 08:17 PM
74 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD