Hello,

I took my Tour to my local Sprint store (Corp.). They swapped my trackball with a white one after notifying CSR about its inability to scroll down; I was not informed about the trackball being swapped out for a white one, and the disassemble of my phone for this to be performed...

Now, I have an aesthetically changed phone, including a small crack/ dent on the ear piece (did not notice till halfway home), this is assuming they did a sloppy job opening up my phone.

Is there any chance I can get a full refurb. replacement? I am still under manufacturer's warranty. I addressed my frustration with chat CSR - unless its another manufacturer defect, they won't replace the phone.

Any help/ suggestions appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 08:31 AM
    Been there, done that

http://forums.crackberry.com/f70/spr...erries-487844/

PM me about some suggestions.

Try dropping a line to dan@sprint.com
    07-06-10 09:05 AM
    I've Never Heard Of A "White" Trackball Replacement For A Tour.

But, If Your Phone Has A Small Crack/Dent On The Ear Piece AFTER They Changed The Trackball, I Think You Have A Small Chance Of Getting A Refurb From Sprint. Why? Because Sprint Customer Support Might Think That The Reason The Crack/Dent On Your Tour Might Be Because You Dropped It Or Something.

I'm On Verizon, Not Sure About Sprint Policies When It Comes To Refurb Phones, But You Can Call Customer Support And Say That Your Trackball On Your Tour Is Still Faulty Even Though They Changed It At Sprint Store. I Don't Recommend Mentioning The Crack/Dent To Customer Support.

Keep Us Posted, Good Luck.
    07-06-10 09:08 AM
    I've Never Heard Of A "White" Trackball Replacement For A Tour.

But, If Your Phone Has A Small Crack/Dent On The Ear Piece AFTER They Changed The Trackball, I Think You Have A Small Chance Of Getting A Refurb From Sprint. Why? Because Sprint Customer Support Might Think That The Reason The Crack/Dent On Your Tour Might Be Because You Dropped It Or Something.

I'm On Verizon, Not Sure About Sprint Policies When It Comes To Refurb Phones, But You Can Call Customer Support And Say That Your Trackball On Your Tour Is Still Faulty Even Though They Changed It At Sprint Store. I Don't Recommend Mentioning The Crack/Dent To Customer Support.

Keep Us Posted, Good Luck.
    This is my main concern now. I addressed my frustration with csr through chat. There is no way to prove that the crack/ dent is at the fault of service repair.

Thanks for all the support/ suggestions thus far.

07-06-10 10:19 AM
    I had the same thing when I went in, I asked them about other colors for my replacement, they said I could do the white one or the standard black one. you might try bringing it back and explaining it to them, they at least might be able to swap out the housing that cracked since it's still under manufacturer's warranty.
    07-06-10 02:09 PM
    I had the same thing when I went in, I asked them about other colors for my replacement, they said I could do the white one or the standard black one. you might try bringing it back and explaining it to them, they at least might be able to swap out the housing that cracked since it's still under manufacturer's warranty.
    I did this. Yes, they were at least able to swap the cracked housing. They claim that they don't have anymore black trackballs, but suggested to try a different location.

07-06-10 06:30 PM
    They are installing old Curve trackballs with white surrounds - not the black Tour trackballs with the chrome surrounds.

Not only does it look funny, but it also feels completely different from the Tour trackball.

Write to executive services at the email I provided and you'll get a response in a few days. I'll bet that the store "finds" a black trackball fairly quickly.
    07-07-10 10:43 AM
    Update:

Brought it to a sprint repair store near work. They swapped the white trackball for a soft-rubber black one. The feel to it is weird, but I can live with it... for now.

I did a search on the forums and some people had the same black trackball replacement and most of them seem content with the "new feel." Anyone know what I'm talking about?

07-07-10 06:15 PM
    The new "soft" black trackball will feel normal in a few days. It has much better control than the white trackball - that one feels like it is mired in mud.

Keep us posted please.
    07-07-10 07:43 PM
    I bought my first Tour in march and got a refurb last week. The trackball was softer then the previous one and seems more sensitive. In a day I got used to it... works flawless
    07-08-10 12:55 AM
    i replaced mine with a white one...i'll never go back to the black one!
    07-08-10 08:07 AM
    I did this. Yes, they were at least able to swap the cracked housing.

Glad they were at least able to fix this for you. For me, I was going to opt for the white TB just to be different from the standard tour setup. I agree though it had a different feel from the normal OEM one.
    07-08-10 09:11 AM
    Technically sprint stores just recently got permission to change tour trackballs. RIM wouldnt let anyone do it up till this past june. As a result, all tour trackballs are ordered independently per store. It's a repair that they dont even have to do, most stores will exchange your phone for a refurb.

A working trackball is better than none, and if you got a phone that works well, I wouldnt risk getting a refurb because of a white trackball. You dont know where those phones been :P
    07-08-10 11:07 AM
    The refurbs are usually more reliable then new ones as they severely tested
    07-08-10 11:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD