hey everyone, i just wanted to share my whiteberry with all of you. I know that you guys have seen these before, but it doesn't hurt to see it again! Everything is working perfectly (flash, speaker, toggle switches, lock button). No gaps at all. From what i have heard though, i just got lucky with a perfect-fitting housing.

The OS is Driphter's new Hybrid for VIP's DV8.5!

04-04-10 08:10 PM
    Very nice! I know we see a lot of them, but it never gets old looking at custom BB's. Where did you get the parts from?
    04-04-10 08:15 PM
    Very nice! I know we see a lot of them, but it never gets old looking at custom BB's. Where did you get the parts from?
    I got the housing from ebay, my friend recommended that i e-mail the seller before hand and have him personally pick one that is higher quality/better fit. I didn't think it would make a difference, but he actually did that for me and my housing really does have good fitment.
    04-04-10 08:21 PM
    One of my friend just sold his one tonight! He trade it for a 8530+$$$(which will probably be cutomised of course! ).
    04-04-10 08:28 PM
    One of my friend just sold his one tonight! He trade it for a 8530+$$$(which will probably be cutomised of course! ).
    haha, i have seen the 8520 in Frost color for T-Mobile. It looks beautiful as well.
    04-04-10 08:33 PM
    Ahh what a beauty, I would do that to my Tour but I would rather wait on VZ to release the new one to do modifications on. Very sweet phone though...
    no no you've got it all wrong, now is the time to customize because it doesn't matter about warranty! Once the 9650 comes out I don't think i'll be customizing it because I don't want to lose my warranty. I customized my Tour because I am betting on the 9650 being released soon and thus have no use for my warranty anymore. If this phone ever breaks, the 9650 will replace it.
    04-04-10 08:35 PM
    Just ordered mine. When I get it and install it i'll probably make a video along with it as well on how to install it. Hopefully I don't mess up anything seeing that it is my first time taking apart my blackberry.
    04-05-10 06:53 AM
    Everyone is correct this is sweet. And i never get tired of seeing custom work. Good job.
    04-05-10 08:32 AM
    Do you see any difference with the feel of the keys with the new housing? Like decreased quality?
    04-05-10 08:39 AM
    When I swapped mine out I felt a BIG difference on the keyboard. But I REALLY liked it. The keys made a better clicking noise and felt a LOT better when typing. I highly recommend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-05-10 09:34 AM
    Nice job! Looks good.
    04-05-10 09:41 AM
    The first all white I've seen. Very nice and clean!
    04-05-10 10:40 AM
    Very nice looking! I bought that same kit and have been playing around with it. I have been wondering how to change the standby and mute buttons on top and the camera hardware that it mounted on the chassie. Can you give me any insite on that?

Thanks
    04-05-10 10:43 AM
    Very nice looking! I bought that same kit and have been playing around with it. I have been wondering how to change the standby and mute buttons on top and the camera hardware that it mounted on the chassie. Can you give me any insite on that?

Thanks
    i've also been wondering how to change the camera and speaker hardware. i got the lock and standby buttons but didn't want to risk the camera and speaker.
    04-05-10 11:40 AM
    i've also been wondering how to change the camera and speaker hardware. i got the lock and standby buttons but didn't want to risk the camera and speaker.
    How did you change the lock and stand by? Are they just stuck on there or mounted somehow?
    04-05-10 11:44 AM
    How did you change the lock and stand by? Are they just stuck on there or mounted somehow?
    Here on the forums there are videos that show these parts. I used them to change mine out. I will try to find the threads and post the links here.

They are stuck down with double sided tape. All you have to do is gently peel them off and sick them on the new bezel plate.

04-05-10 12:43 PM
    Here on the forums there are videos that show these parts. I used them to change mine out. I will try to find the threads and post the links here.

They are stuck down with double sided tape. All you have to do is gently peel them off and sick them on the new bezel plate.

now just need to figure out how to change out the camera and the speaker
    04-05-10 01:01 PM
    did you put the housing on yourself or did the guy u ordered it from already have it on the phone he sent you? i just bought a red housing and amd wondering what i should do for when i put it on
    04-11-10 01:09 PM
    looks good, pm the sellers name so i can hit them up.

thanks,
    04-11-10 02:41 PM
    That thing looks awesome! Tempts me to want to do the same thing.
    04-11-10 05:35 PM
    Very nice.
    04-11-10 08:20 PM
    Yeah I just bought a chrome housing and I tried installing it today. Everything was successful except when I removed the speaker from the old housing I must have damaged it cause when I put it in the chrome housing, it sounded absolutely horrible. Lucky for me I came up with a clever excuse and told my Verizon store and they gave me a new Tour. I still want to put this chrome housing on but I don't want to screw up my speaker again. Also I would like to put the flash in the new housing as well, if anyone can help with this I would deeply appreciate it.
    04-11-10 08:45 PM
    Who was the eBay seller? I want to pick one up but want to steer clear of the cheap ones.

Zack
    04-14-10 10:52 AM
    So Gorgeous! They should consider making the Tour 2 (Essex, Bold, whatever) in white. I LOVE IT!!!
    04-14-10 12:41 PM
    very nice phone
    04-14-10 12:49 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD