I just had to get a new Tour through my Verizon insurance and I have been having trouble when browsing with selecting. Mostly when I need to "submit" or hit a "search" box...clicking links works, but not the pointer selecting. Never had this issue before. I have to click it like 3 or 4 times, sometimes it works after my attempts sometimes it doesn't.

Any thoughts?
    04-07-10 08:18 PM
    Let me think.. Oh maybe you have the latest software.. 5.0.0.591! It got a bug with the clicking in the bb native browser..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 08:22 PM
    How do I fix it? Please.
    04-07-10 09:27 PM
    The only way I know to fix it is to downgrade your OS to an earlier version (5.0.0.419 or 5.0.0.484) or to install an hybrid. The procedure to it is really well explained in many threads in this forum. Just make a quick search.

Good luck!

04-08-10 06:15 AM
    I've found that with the browser click problem, if it doesn't click the first time, just move it slightly to the left or right, and click again. That's been working for me at least.

Annoying, but I can live with it until the next update comes out.
    04-08-10 07:58 AM
    It's almost as if links have an image map around them that's too small and you have to search for that sweet spot near the bottom of the link.

I'm having a lot more clicking success by just placing my cursor over the link and hitting the Enter key. I'll keep doing that until they come out with a fix.
    04-08-10 08:26 AM
    The only way I know to fix it is to downgrade your OS to an earlier version (5.0.0.419 or 5.0.0.484) or to install an hybrid.
    Exactly. Why put up with this silly browser click issue nonsense at all when other OS versions (which actually work better than .591 in several respects) don't have this problem at all?
    04-08-10 09:49 AM
    My phone has also just started doing this, randomly started occuring a few hours ago. The phone hasnt been plugged into a computer in weeks or had any software updates in that time. Using the enter button does work, but I'd like it the way it was before.
    04-12-10 06:29 PM
    It's a bug in the OS as stated above. It doesn't bother me much; i use the enter button and that works most of the time.

Read about 9630/5.0.0.591 VZW issues here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/ne...-591-a-444924/

04-12-10 06:46 PM
    I had the same problem and reported it to verizon. They claimed that they had not had any complaints and have not heard of this problem. I called and complained for 3 days straight and then added that my camera was not working and got them to send me a new Tour. Same problem with hyperlinks on the replacement unit that came preloaded with .591. I am going to wait and eventually step up to the 9650.
    04-12-10 08:05 PM
    Did verizon happen to sy when they were releasing a new update?
    04-12-10 08:23 PM
    Did verizon happen to sy when they were releasing a new update?
    seeing as they are cancelling the tour in may, i'd go with "never"
    04-13-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD