Welcome to Crackberry.com, now who wants a TOUR? lol !!!!!

what happened to our conversation lol ?!
    04-24-09 06:23 PM
    Personally I like "Niagara" better than "Tour" but whatever they call it I'm sure it won't matter. Those that want it will buy it regardless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 07:12 PM
    Personally I like "Niagara" better than "Tour" but whatever they call it I'm sure it won't matter. Those that want it will buy it regardless.

that makes 2 of us..... im due for upgrade in august so hopefully its out by then.
    04-24-09 08:13 PM
    It'll be released to coincide with u2's world tour, check out Bono sportin' one soon.... or John Mayer
    04-25-09 07:59 AM
    In my opinion, "Niagra" is a more catchy name. "Tour" sounds pretty lame. I think more people who aren't blackberry users/fans would be more likely to take a second look at a "Niagra" than a "Tour."
    04-25-09 09:56 AM
    Honestly i am looking at my blackberry curve right now and NO WHERE ON TEH DAMN THING does it say curve... so why does the name really matter? It could be called the blackberry "bends you over and sticks it up your bum" and i dont think it really would matter in the end.. as long as the phone is kickass and meets up too all the expectations we have been giving it..

Now you know who i always thought had awesome names? Intel and their XEON series...
    Comeon they have names like Prestonia, Gallatin, Tigerton
    Last edited by numus; 04-25-09 at 11:03 AM.
    04-25-09 11:00 AM
    Tour=dumb Niagara=cool

04-25-09 11:48 PM
    Since the 8900 isn't using it anymore why not rename the 9630 the Javelin.
    04-26-09 09:15 AM
    I blame U2 for this!!
    04-26-09 10:07 AM
    I'm not a fan of U2, and I wouldn't like it if this phone was branded with U2... If there is a model that is branded, that is fine, as long as there is a "regular" version of this...
    04-26-09 10:35 AM
    if this thing is going to be marketed to the professional, it should be named professionally (e.g. 9630 WE). Tour isn't professional. But then again, as long as it doesnt say "TOUR" anywhere on the phone itself, then I don't care lol
    04-26-09 10:42 AM
    if this thing is going to be marketed to the professional, it should be named professionally (e.g. 9630 WE). Tour isn't professional. But then again, as long as it doesnt say "TOUR" anywhere on the phone itself, then I don't care lol
    agreed.

10 characters
    04-26-09 10:50 AM
    I think "curve" and "pearl" are just as "unprofessional," but people don't think that because they're used to the names now.

I mean, those who said they would rather it be called "niagara"--naming a phone after a waterfall? That's kind of silly. Thank god that was just the codename and not vice versa. "Tour" won't be all that bad once you get used to it.

04-27-09 12:58 AM
    I think "curve" and "pearl" are just as "unprofessional," but people don't think that because they're used to the names now.

I mean, those who said they would rather it be called "niagara"--naming a phone after a waterfall? That's kind of silly. Thank god that was just the codename and not vice versa. "Tour" won't be all that bad once you get used to it.

Agreed , the name has definetly grown on me 100 percent since i first heard it .... starting to like it now.
    04-27-09 01:00 AM
    Agreed , the name has definetly grown on me 100 percent since i first heard it .... starting to like it now.
    Wait til you get to use it, the name wont matter then anymore
    04-27-09 07:51 AM
    So if you enter www. blackberrybold .com it redirects to RIM.
    If you enter www. blackberrycurve .com it goes to RIM.
    Ditto blackberrystorm .com, blackberry9000 .com, etc. The registrar of all these RIM domain names is CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.

Now, the same whois lookup (at internic) for www. blackberrytour .com show the registrar to be GoDaddy. Do you think that RIM would lock in the name at GoDaddy, then switch registrars to CSC later? Smell fishy to anyone but me?
    My point EXACTLY. I say exactly this in the comments section (I'm Adam): BlackBerry Niagara To Be Officially Named The BlackBerry Tour

This would never fly, and I can guarantee that they're not trying to be sneaky about it either. There's a 60-day period where you can't re-transfer the domains--if they wanted blackberrytour.com, they would have registered it with CSC in the first place. As far as I can tell, the link I posted is the earliest mention of the 9630 being called the Tour, and "pretty sure it will be called the tour" is an apocalyptic overstatement just because both blackberrytour.com and blackberry9630.com happen to point to the same IP address (GoDaddy, no less).

I would put money on it.
    Last edited by staticfive; 05-15-09 at 04:54 AM.
    05-15-09 04:51 AM
    I'm not a fan of U2, and I wouldn't like it if this phone was branded with U2... If there is a model that is branded, that is fine, as long as there is a "regular" version of this...
    Yeah, wasn't Bono all over the iPhone release?
    05-15-09 04:55 AM
    I just call the 9630 "my phone." There, problem solved.
    05-15-09 08:34 AM
    My point EXACTLY. I say exactly this in the comments section (I'm Adam): BlackBerry Niagara To Be Officially Named The BlackBerry Tour

This would never fly, and I can guarantee that they're not trying to be sneaky about it either. There's a 60-day period where you can't re-transfer the domains--if they wanted blackberrytour.com, they would have registered it with CSC in the first place. As far as I can tell, the link I posted is the earliest mention of the 9630 being called the Tour, and "pretty sure it will be called the tour" is an apocalyptic overstatement just because both blackberrytour.com and blackberry9630.com happen to point to the same IP address (GoDaddy, no less).

I would put money on it.
    Well it sure looks like Verizon plans on calling it the tour.

BlackBerry Tour 9630 spotted in Verizon inventory - SlashGear
    05-15-09 09:15 AM
    Well it sure looks like Verizon plans on calling it the tour.

BlackBerry Tour 9630 spotted in Verizon inventory - SlashGear
    THANK YOU. So far this is the very first substantial evidence that I've actually seen to support the tour theory--after searching for 2 months, I've found nothing that's more tangible. Unless they're keeping tours of the RIM facilities in stock :-P

Part of me thinks that maybe RIM waits to hear the buzz on the interwebz and eventually people on these sites will come up with a name so they don't have to :-P
    05-15-09 12:00 PM
    In my opinion, "Niagra" is a more catchy name. "Tour" sounds pretty lame. I think more people who aren't blackberry users/fans would be more likely to take a second look at a "Niagra" than a "Tour."
    I would be more likely to take a second look at the phone in general, lol. It is just a name. The name does not dictate what the phone will do. just my .02
    05-15-09 12:09 PM
    I think the name TOUR could be marketed at anything. I mean it is a global phone... so in a sense "take a tour of the place" I dont think the name is that far fetched...

in the end it doesn't really matter.

The funny thing is this.

With the storm

if you walk around most people don't know the number of the device (im not talking on crackberry) im talking consumers ask them the number most of them say I donno its the storm

so I think the name has more to do with someone remembering it then it really matters.

People will remember tour if its on commercials but the chances of them remembering 9630 is pretty slim and thats why the names actually even exist.

Ask someone if they know what a blackberry curve is and there more likely to know.
    05-15-09 12:28 PM
    I think the name TOUR could be marketed at anything. I mean it is a global phone... so in a sense "take a tour of the place" I dont think the name is that far fetched...

in the end it doesn't really matter.

The funny thing is this.

With the storm

if you walk around most people don't know the number of the device (im not talking on crackberry) im talking consumers ask them the number most of them say I donno its the storm

so I think the name has more to do with someone remembering it then it really matters.

People will remember tour if its on commercials but the chances of them remembering 9630 is pretty slim and thats why the names actually even exist.

Ask someone if they know what a blackberry curve is and there more likely to know.
    LOL

Funny story about that exact thing. After just purchasing my first BlackBerry I was talking with someone who mentioned something about email. I made a comment that I get all of mine on my phone now and don't bother checking online. He asked what I had and I told him it was a BlackBerry. He then asked which one it was and I told him it was the 8330. He looked me straight in the face and said, "Oh, one of the old ones. I have a Curve." I laughed and then spent about 15 minuted explaining that each unit had a model number.
    05-15-09 01:39 PM
    LOL

Funny story about that exact thing. After just purchasing my first BlackBerry I was talking with someone who mentioned something about email. I made a comment that I get all of mine on my phone now and don't bother checking online. He asked what I had and I told him it was a BlackBerry. He then asked which one it was and I told him it was the 8330. He looked me straight in the face and said, "Oh, one of the old ones. I have a Curve." I laughed and then spent about 15 minuted explaining that each unit had a model number.
    hahah yes thats exactly what I mean numbers don't stick as easy as a name does.

ahah
    05-15-09 01:46 PM
    Well the name Tour does suck , i preferred Niagara more .. a better name is Blur , i mixed "Bold" n "Curve" to come up with that , n yea it sucks too :P ..
    05-25-09 07:36 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD