I thought BGR just said today that the BlackBerry Tour 9630 was thrown into the rumor mill, but now this sect of the forum is called BlackBerry Tour 9630? Was this confirmed past BGR's initial rumor?

Speak!
    04-23-09 10:13 PM
    I thought BGR just said today that the BlackBerry Tour 9630 was thrown into the rumor mill, but now this sect of the forum is called BlackBerry Tour 9630? Was this confirmed past BGR's initial rumor?

Speak!
    I believe it was the update on BGR which states that blackberrytour.com and blackberry9630.com redirects to the same address.
    04-23-09 10:20 PM
    it's a parked space. that just means someone bought the domains and hasn't built on them yet.
    04-23-09 10:22 PM
    Tour sounds ********. If/When I buy my 'Tour' I will still call it the Niagara...sounds way cooler.
    04-23-09 11:01 PM
    Tour sounds ********. If/When I buy my 'Tour' I will still call it the Niagara...sounds way cooler.
    agree 100% as i have said to a few people it makes it sound like some cheap moto phone.
    04-23-09 11:28 PM
    I'm prettty sure it'll be Tour. It's not officially confirmed yet obviously, but am pretty sure that'll be it barring some last minute change from RIM.

If it's not... I'll just change the forum name to whatever it ultimately is. What it definitely won't be though is Niagara... that was just the codename. And best to get unstuck from the codenames sooner than later. We still have 9630 in there so it shouldn't be difficult for people to find the correct forum.

Hopefully we'll know for sure soon!
    04-24-09 12:47 AM
    just added (Niagara) in brackets... keep it clearer for everyone.
    04-24-09 12:50 AM
    R.I.P Niagara.

Tour really doesn't sound very exciting...The Bold has got the sexier name.

Name doesn't matter as long as the Device and OS rock though
    Last edited by lyoko37; 04-24-09 at 02:04 AM.
    04-24-09 01:47 AM
    Agree, Tour is so lame...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-24-09 01:58 AM
    I'm prettty sure it'll be Tour. It's not officially confirmed yet obviously, but am pretty sure that'll be it barring some last minute change from RIM.

If it's not... I'll just change the forum name to whatever it ultimately is. What it definitely won't be though is Niagara... that was just the codename. And best to get unstuck from the codenames sooner than later. We still have 9630 in there so it shouldn't be difficult for people to find the correct forum.

haha. As I said, personally I like the name. It's different. A thankfully the Niagara name will be gone soon. That one I don't like.
    04-24-09 05:23 AM
    I think RIM needs to stop using the codenames as the cool ones and use them as the real names, lol.
    04-24-09 06:32 AM
    What about the " blackberry sundae 9630" that's a little more catchy. But really the name doesn't make the phone so who cares what the name is.

04-24-09 07:18 AM
    haha. As I said, personally I like the name. It's different. A thankfully the Niagara name will be gone soon. That one I don't like.
    the only reason you'd like it is if you had some time to get used to it...

whatever, its just the name of a phone. I prefer "stinky dog p00p on my shoe" more though.

the only problem with the asterisks is that it looks like i said **** when really i said p00p and p00p is much funnier
    Last edited by md12; 04-24-09 at 09:24 AM.
    04-24-09 09:14 AM

To be honest, I think I am going to miss the name Niagara. We have been following to so long that it has been engraved in my mind, lol.
    04-24-09 09:25 AM
    Someone probably bought the domain name to try and make a quick buck off of rim when it is ready to hit the streets hopping they will buy it from them for a large proffit

Sorry not trying to be a buzz kill I want the 9630 just as much everyone else does

04-24-09 09:28 AM
    I'm sure RIM doesn't even care about those domain names. They can just buy blackberryontour.com or blackberry9630tour.com or blackberrytour9630.com. They've got plenty of options.
    Last edited by ushneb; 04-24-09 at 10:02 AM.
    04-24-09 09:43 AM
    I'm sure RIM doesn't even care about those domain names. They can just buy blackberryontour.com or blackberrytour9630.com or blackberrytour9630.com. They've got plenty of options.
    As this is true, that's not the point. RIM would want the most direct domain names to their site. When typing in a URL, who would type either of those? one would type one of the first two, which I guess is why everyone's in a tizzy.

Still, I agree with the other person who said they could have been claimed by anyone, and I don't know what makes that news more official than a VZW rep rattling off release dates.

04-24-09 09:58 AM
    I like the name "Tour"
    I think it fits its world capabilities well.
    04-24-09 10:02 AM
    I do not care if it is niagara or tour as long RIM have put up a nice name for 9630! tour is really a good name though !
    04-24-09 10:03 AM
    So if you enter www. blackberrybold .com it redirects to RIM.
    If you enter www. blackberrycurve .com it goes to RIM.
    Ditto blackberrystorm .com, blackberry9000 .com, etc. The registrar of all these RIM domain names is CSC CORPORATE DOMAINS, INC.

Now, the same whois lookup (at internic) for www. blackberrytour .com show the registrar to be GoDaddy. Do you think that RIM would lock in the name at GoDaddy, then switch registrars to CSC later? Smell fishy to anyone but me?
    Last edited by theadrock13; 04-24-09 at 11:11 AM.
    04-24-09 11:07 AM
    I like "Tour". It's a good name. "Niagara" was just a codename anyway (Thank god!).
    04-24-09 11:24 AM
    I think RIM needs to stop using the codenames as the cool ones and use them as the real names, lol.
    Me and sooks were talking about that last night.
    04-24-09 02:58 PM
    I don't really care what the phone is called LOL I just want one
    04-24-09 03:03 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com, now who wants a TOUR? lol !!!!!

Last edited by azboricua; 04-24-09 at 03:36 PM.
    04-24-09 03:07 PM
    I agree. I thought Blackberry Thunder would have been better than Blackberry Storm but oh well

04-24-09 06:16 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD