I don't have problems with the 4.7 but am waiting for the 5.0 I won't download till Verizon ok's it. I am patient and can wait.
    12-31-09 09:13 PM
    Only thing I would like improved is how long battery pulls take. 5.0 made it much faster on my storm. I will most likely wait a while to load it to my tour because of the 5.0 headaches from my storm.
    01-01-10 06:47 AM
    I just installed .230 a few days ago and all my apps work perfectly and haven't noticed any adverse effects on my Tour. It seems to run a bit faster. I mean it's not a night and day difference but I can tell a difference. Plus the few UI tweaks are kinda nice. 4.7 seemed a bit 'industrial' to me where 5.0 is a little more aesthetically pleasing.

I'll get it as soon as it's released just because I'm like that.
    01-01-10 11:42 AM
    I have 5.0.0.238 (Irtehun's V7.15 and no way would I go back!)
    01-01-10 11:45 AM
    Actually you have a hodge podge of files from different builds, including .230. Hence the name hybrid.
    01-01-10 12:08 PM
    Unless it's light years ahead of the current 7.16 hybrid available to VIP members at BBHybrid.net, it's not even going to be worth the install, but more of a waste of time than anything else.
    *laugh*, what a joke.
    01-02-10 01:00 AM
    I dont think I will download it until a hybrid comes out with the official OS as the base. I like the hybrids that are being put out and I think I will stick with them from now on.
    01-02-10 03:16 AM
    Since I have .230 on my phone now, Ill definatly download it. I already know the potential that OS 5.0 has
    01-02-10 01:02 PM
    I've tried all of the "leaked" os..
    at least for me they all have some serious bugs..maybe only on the tour?
    I am of fan of the new sytem...especially the sms but just too many issues.
    4.7.1.61 did crash my tour though..(552 error)
    therefore i had to do a full system restore..
    maybe its possible all the pressure from crackberry abusers rush the construction of thes os'???
    01-02-10 01:24 PM
    I hate Sprint. Just a thought.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-02-10 04:07 PM
    I will definitely download immediately. If it's official, then I'll try it. Too concerned about bricking my phone again to go with anything non official.
    01-03-10 07:46 PM
    I will be patiently waiting. My Tour is at the ready for an upgrade.
    01-03-10 08:36 PM
    Helljack is partially right. The ONLY thing the official release will be good for is a new radio. Other than that, Tour users who are willing to install unofficial releases and hybrids have been enjoying fast 5.0 builds for some time. In other words, he is not a joke, but speaks the truth of someone who knows what they're talking about.
    01-03-10 09:24 PM
    I'll definitely try it once it comes out. It's official. What's there to worry about?
    01-03-10 10:25 PM
    Helljack is partially right. The ONLY thing the official release will be good for is a new radio. Other than that, Tour users who are willing to install unofficial releases and hybrids have been enjoying fast 5.0 builds for some time. In other words, he is not a joke, but speaks the truth of someone who knows what they're talking about.
    Equally a joke.
    01-03-10 10:54 PM
    I'll definitely try it once it comes out. It's official. What's there to worry about?
    Slice make funny!
    01-04-10 01:18 AM
    Will download more than likely right away I heard thats what makes the storm 1&2 a lot better.
    01-04-10 01:37 AM
    I just installed .230 a few days ago and all my apps work perfectly and haven't noticed any adverse effects on my Tour. It seems to run a bit faster. I mean it's not a night and day difference but I can tell a difference. Plus the few UI tweaks are kinda nice. 4.7 seemed a bit 'industrial' to me where 5.0 is a little more aesthetically pleasing.

I'll get it as soon as it's released just because I'm like that.

How are u able to install 5.0 on your tour. The new 4.7 upgrade for the tour seems a little slugish. It keeps freezing and constantly seeing the waiting clock being displayed.

01-04-10 03:37 AM
    I've tried all of the "leaked" os..
    at least for me they all have some serious bugs..maybe only on the tour?
    I am of fan of the new sytem...especially the sms but just too many issues.
    4.7.1.61 did crash my tour though..(552 error)
    therefore i had to do a full system restore..
    maybe its possible all the pressure from crackberry abusers rush the construction of thes os'???
    My tour crashed on the original os 4.7 it came with! ! ! ! Lol my ******** *** didn't even back up my info. Had to manually put EVERYTHING back.

01-04-10 03:43 AM
    Actually I think the joke is on BoostinBen for being afraid of trying it

Seriously Ben...it only takes about 20 minutes of you time to make your Tours life a whole lot better pal

The 7.16 hybrid contains a fair number of files from the Essex as well and it runs like a charm.

Battery life is improved, the phone overall is much faster and the internet flies with this build.
    01-04-10 05:46 AM
    Equally a joke.
    Spoken like a true fool. I beg you to try engaging in some sort of intelligent discussion and get your point across that way instead of calling other people "jokes" to cover up your own insecurities. If you had any idea what you were talking about, you would realize that "official releases" mean nothing more than a simple way for carriers to push a new OS to ordinary users such as yourself. It does not mean they will be bug free. It does not mean your phone will even play nice with the new OS. I've read through these forums and seem many people complain about the "official" 4.7 release bricking their phone. That's official?

I'm sorry you aren't willing to take the time to figure out these things on your own. A little reading would do you quite well.

Point of the matter is that the "official" 5.0 won't drop for the 9630 until the week prior to the 9650 coming out. Simple as that. I've said that for some time and I'm sticking to my opinion. So unless any of you know something I don't about the release of the 9650, we probably won't see the "official" 5.0 OS for the 9630 until sometime in February I'd guess.
    01-04-10 07:15 AM
    Being insecure, in its very essence, has nothing to do with an operating system. Suffice to say that 99% of people who have insecurity issues do not have it because of the 5.0 OS that has yet to be released officially for the Tour. The simple logical fact that you try to use that as your juvenile response and basically type a 3 paragraph diatribe trying to get your point across puts you somewhere in the range between guys who are over 30 and living in their parents' basement, and people who commit suicide over high school flings - equally as pathetic.

You guys run an aged, albeit leaked, copy of the 5.0 OS with a few hybrid files then try to convince others to join the bandwagon. As I said in another thread, some people do not want to be riddled with bugs at the expense of threaded SMS, a faster boot time and the ability to flash the 5.0 OS with hun's hybrid versions in our signatures. With all this clowning around regarding the .230 + hybrid files, RIM should have some excellent information on what to improve, be it radio signal or just a more stable OS that doesn't require hybrid files to make it the proverbial god-send OS like you claim it to be. So, while you and the other dimwit want to act like a leaked, and old (when the official release comes out, that is), OS is the way to go no matter what, others may not heed to your ridiculous pre-release assumptions and decide to use the official release instead of an oudated version with some hacked up files to make it more user friendly.
    Last edited by BoostinBen; 01-04-10 at 12:19 PM.
    01-04-10 11:04 AM
    Can you guys bring this banter elsewhere?
    01-06-10 04:27 PM
    Can you guys bring this banter elsewhere?
    I agree.

Take it over by the bike rack at 12 noon
    01-06-10 04:38 PM
    Being insecure, in its very essence, has nothing to do with an operating system. Suffice to say that 99% of people who have insecurity issues do not have it because of the 5.0 OS that has yet to be released officially for the Tour. The simple logical fact that you try to use that as your juvenile response and basically type a 3 paragraph diatribe trying to get your point across puts you somewhere in the range between guys who are over 30 and living in their parents' basement, and people who commit suicide over high school flings - equally as pathetic.

You guys run an aged, albeit leaked, copy of the 5.0 OS with a few hybrid files then try to convince others to join the bandwagon. As I said in another thread, some people do not want to be riddled with bugs at the expense of threaded SMS, a faster boot time and the ability to flash the 5.0 OS with hun's hybrid versions in our signatures. With all this clowning around regarding the .230 + hybrid files, RIM should have some excellent information on what to improve, be it radio signal or just a more stable OS that doesn't require hybrid files to make it the proverbial god-send OS like you claim it to be. So, while you and the other dimwit want to act like a leaked, and old (when the official release comes out, that is), OS is the way to go no matter what, others may not heed to your ridiculous pre-release assumptions and decide to use the official release instead of an oudated version with some hacked up files to make it more user friendly.
    lol i agree man i agree
    01-06-10 04:48 PM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD