a easier way to send the text besides pressing the menu butten n press send?
    07-22-09 12:06 PM
    double click the bb button and it will send
    07-22-09 12:07 PM
    is that the fasterest way ;P?
    07-22-09 12:10 PM
    I double click the trackball to send.
    07-22-09 12:10 PM
    trackball brings up the menu just like the BB menu button does...so its basically the same thing
    07-22-09 12:14 PM
    what's so hard about double clicking it? the only easier way would be clicking a button once lol...
    07-22-09 12:17 PM
    I never understand this question. Most dumbphones have a longer process of sending any kind of message. Is it really that bad? I am sorry just I see this question come up quite often and personally don't see how a bb is slow in doing almost any messaging considering you have immediate access to message folders and contacts quicker then a ton of phones out there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-09 01:14 PM
    what's so hard about double clicking it? the only easier way would be clicking a button once lol...
    That would be twice as fast!
    07-22-09 01:37 PM
    no i would like it if u could just hit the send button to send a txt once u finish instead of it being the phone button. my "dumbphone" did this.
    07-22-09 04:06 PM
    no i would like it if u could just hit the send button to send a txt once u finish instead of it being the phone button. my "dumbphone" did this.

yes but your dumb phone also required you to hit a menu key dig through screens before you even could find the sms application to begin typing...

I guess thats kind of my point...

is that even with the method on a bb its still faster...
    07-22-09 04:15 PM
    [sarcarsm] My Motorola Q WinMo "dumb" phone also had a press once "send" button.[/sarcasm]

I have found that there were many processes that took fewer steps on my previous "dumb" phone than it takes this BB to perform.

I wouldn't be throwing "dumb" around like that if I were you.

It seems that there are many users new to BB and the Tour that are finding the BB way of doing things a little cumbersome compared to their previous phone.

I'm learning to live with it but there's nothing wrong with asking if there isn't a better way to do things. No need to belittle the way newcomers used to do things.
    07-22-09 04:46 PM
    You had a Q and you're lecturing about usability? Just because you're accustomed to an OS that is meant to make things as hard as humanly possible and others are too doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the BlackBerry. I used WinMo for years. I've yet to find one thing outside of browsing (due to lack of Skyfire) that WinMo could do faster than my Berry.
    07-22-09 05:38 PM
    You had a Q and you're lecturing about usability? Just because you're accustomed to an OS that is meant to make things as hard as humanly possible and others are too doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the BlackBerry. I used WinMo for years. I've yet to find one thing outside of browsing (due to lack of Skyfire) that WinMo could do faster than my Berry.
    I had a Q and a Q9c. I could send a text with the click on one button. I could delete and entire threaded text with the click of one button. I could set a speed dial to pull up a texting window to a specific person with the press of one button. You can't do any of those things with the press of one button on a BlackBerry Tour.
    07-22-09 10:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD