I see that other people have had the same issue as me with pre-ordering, that being, apparently if you get a corporate discount on your plan, you can not pre-order upgrade to the tour via the web site. The tour does not show up as a list of phones compatible with the account (I have an 8830 now). Its not in the list of phones on that screen.

I called Verizon, and for the first time ever, the guy I spoke to was incompetent, and told me I was going to have to call back at the end of the week because he "didn't even have a serial number for the phone." Whatever.

Im worried that even on the 12th, Im not going to be able to upgrade either via the web site or via the phone. I dont care about getting the phone on the 12th or 13th, I just dont want to have to wait a month if they run out.

Does anyone have any insight to offer? Or has anyone who does receive a corporate discount on their account been able to upgrade to the tour in the last few days.
    07-09-09 08:04 AM
    Neverrrrr.... Muwahahahahaaa.

I've been told by a few reps that the # doesn't exist in their system until Sunday anyways. I don't see the big deal w/ pre-ordering. You are NOT going to get the phone any faster than the next person. I don't see you having to wait a whole month either. Verizon isn't promoting this device as heavy as... let's say the Storm. I saw a Storm commercial every 5 minutes. Tour promo? Not so much.

Just call them on Sunday. If you order it today or Sunday, you're still not going to get it until Tues/Weds of next week anyways.
    07-09-09 08:10 AM
    I don't see you having to wait a whole month either. Verizon isn't promoting this device as heavy as... let's say the Storm. I saw a Storm commercial every 5 minutes. Tour promo? Not so much.

Just call them on Sunday. If you order it today or Sunday, you're still not going to get it until Tues/Weds of next week anyways.
    Thats good advice... With the storm I actually called the morning it was released, and I got without issue. You're right about them not promoting the tour as much...
    07-09-09 08:14 AM
    Yeah, I was the dummy that waited in line for the Storm. Then the VZW Activation/Network went down for like 3 hours... Still sat there. What an ***** LOL.
    07-09-09 08:29 AM
    I went and pre-ordered mine at Best Buy yesterday. I was #3 on the list and they say they are going to get 12 in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 08:35 AM
    yeah, couldnt sleep. its 3am, but guess what. WITH my corporate discount i FINALLY was able to upgrade to the tour!
    07-11-09 03:56 AM
    I am too, I just checked it! FINALLY
    07-11-09 04:01 AM
    Agreed with sugabrown. I just tried to upgrade (I'm not going to actually do it, since I'm not interested in it really) but hey, I could if I wanted to!

Corporate- get TO IT!
    (sorry, I'm sleepy and suddenly thought of Vault pop).
    07-11-09 04:04 AM
    Might sound like a stupid question.. Is the price still $199 with the corporate discount...I have one, and want to go to the Tour... Thanks

Zero
    07-11-09 04:13 AM
    Zero-

That's what it showed for me. But I don't have any NE2 discounts yet. So if you have $100 for that, then it should be $99 instead.
    07-11-09 04:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD