is a new software being released for the Tour?!? and for sprint for that matter! Any ideas? Just wondering.

and another question, I know an "official" release got out but for another carrier. Is it recommended to install this update?

I know i know, we all want it, but just getting things out. ggrrrr!

thanks guys. Appreciate all your thoughts!
    09-27-09 12:14 PM
    There are several leaked OS's out there....
    As for an official, your bet is as good as mine...heh...
    09-27-09 12:16 PM
    I believe that 5.0 will be released by the end of the year.
    09-27-09 12:20 PM
    I hope that they will release OS 5.0 soon officially, but I've loved the leaks they've put out so far.
    09-27-09 12:21 PM
    well, I know there are leaked, but can you trust those? I mean, I've read a lot of people have had success with them, but Idk...

I mean, RIM's bound to release a new software soon right?

right?!?
    09-27-09 12:22 PM
    well, I know there are leaked, but can you trust those? I mean, I've read a lot of people have had success with them, but Idk...

right?!?

I wouldnt hold my breath. End of year most likely but sooner is possible. I am running 5.0.230 and have had 0 issues.
    09-27-09 12:23 PM
    I've been runnin .53 and it works great... Better battery life and less memory leakage... I'm hopin somthin official comes soon... The storm 2 will be released soon and it will be runnin 5.0 so hopefully that means they will release it for the tour also...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 12:24 PM
    Yea OS 5.0 should come out real soon, and you can install the new official software from any carrier as long as you delete the Vendor.xml file before upgrading!
    09-27-09 12:24 PM

right?!?
    I have used several leaks, on both my Storm and Tour, have not ever had a problem with them.
    09-27-09 12:27 PM
    I'm seriously considering switching to .230 because of all the benefits I've been reading about. My stock .40 OS hasn't given me any issues though and I have a bunch of applications that may or may not encounter issues with the .230 OS.

:/
    09-27-09 12:41 PM
    will the 8330 get 5.0???
    09-27-09 12:51 PM
    I'm seriously considering switching to .230 because of all the benefits I've been reading about. My stock .40 OS hasn't given me any issues though and I have a bunch of applications that may or may not encounter issues with the .230 OS.

:/
    Ive got roughly 80 apps/games installed and havent had a problem.
    09-27-09 01:00 PM
    but my problem is, first of all I have NO idea how to upgrade to a new OS, like a leaked one, and especially if i have to downgrade.

I read the thread about doing it, but it didnt make a whole lotta sense. anyone wanna elaborate and help me out? possibly a link to the new 5.0?
    thanks!

and also, once again...is it safe? like does everything work? I text alot, and use bbm alot. so if that and some of my apps work i think I'd be down w doing it. thanks guys. RIM really needs to get their sh*t together and release this update

thanks guys!
    09-27-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD